Page 14 of 68 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had a better shot than Kawhi coming out tbh.
    Exactly. Spurs (more like Chip Engleland) are one of the best at developing players 3 point shots.

Honestly, no body can explain Leonard's league leading 3 point percentage. People with hands that big and arms that long aren't supposed to shoot that well.

BTW, interesting development.... Green was subbed for Anderson in crunch time. Anderson at the 2 orchestrating offense with Mills playing off the ball. You really want the taller player handling the ball since they've got a better view.
    Last edited by ceperez; 02-26-2016 at 09:39 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just love Kyle

POINT FORWARD OF THE SPURS

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So all he needs to do now is become a league leading shooter from 3....sure, why not? Should be simple enough.
    Leonard shat the bed shooting from 3, previous to coming to the Spurs. There is no reason to assume KA can't make significant gains there, as well. I realize that it is en vogue to make fun of CE, but your sarcasitic premise is wrong/unwarranted. Now would be a good time to claim it was serious.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What people don't seem to realize that Kyle Anderson has a 7' 2.75" wingspan and that's just 1/4 of an inch less than Kawhi Leonard.

You really don't want to be taking risks dribbling the ball when he's the defender, just ask Kobe and Gay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know who didn't have the zika virus......

great game so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Spurs (more like Chip Engleland) are one of the best at developing players 3 point shots.

Honestly, no body can explain Leonard's league leading 3 point percentage. People with hands that big and arms that long aren't supposed to shoot that well.

BTW, interesting development.... Green was subbed for Anderson in crunch time. Anderson at the 2 orchestrating offense with Mills playing off the ball. You really want the taller player handling the ball since they've got a better view.
    It seemed like Pop was fastracking Kyle's playmaking this game. He's had good moments in the RR, so the potential is there and he's so young in NBA terms, but he also had bad sequences. It will happen.

I think Pop has encouraged his leadership too bc he's vocal and will get the ball to Kawhi or LMA. He just got disorganized in the second half and it didn't help that the second unit was thrown out of whack and Kyle played 3 different positions in the course of a game.

Still it's really interesting yo see his development. We haven't really had young prospects this unique since Kawhi and Kawhi is still getting better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yep, good catch. I tivoed it. Both Patty and Kyle get to do what comes naturally. I like it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It seemed like Pop was fastracking Kyle's playmaking this game. He's had good moments in the RR, so the potential is there and he's so young in NBA terms, but he also had bad sequences. It will happen.

I think Pop has encouraged his leadership too bc he's vocal and will get the ball to Kawhi or LMA. He just got disorganized in the second half and it didn't help that the second unit was thrown out of whack and Kyle played 3 different positions in the course of a game.

Still it's really interesting yo see his development. We haven't really had young prospects this unique since Kawhi and Kawhi is still getting better.
    You are also right about the sequence when he failed in his attempt to post up Ariza and ultimately got his shot smacked back at him. Think about it: I bet he hasn't had that happen very many times in his young life! Really got him off balance for awhile. But he is resilient. He is going to be very good - possibly even Next Big Three good if you go for that kind of thing. (Despite my borrowing the term, I really don't - honest.)
    Last edited by sasaint; 02-27-2016 at 11:23 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I dont know if I like KA better at the 1, the 3, or the 4. and I think its a great thing. I wonder how much quicker and stronger he can get.. hes definitely gonna be a star, just not sure if he'll have his number in the rafters with Kawhi when they retire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dont know if I like KA better at the 1, the 3, or the 4. and I think its a great thing. I wonder how much quicker and stronger he can get.. hes definitely gonna be a star, just not sure if he'll have his number in the rafters with Kawhi when they retire.
    To get to the rafters he would need to be the 4th best starter on a championship team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a nice player Kyle Anderson is turning out to be in only his 2nd year in the league. I can't wait to see the player he becomes in 2 more years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is kind of ok I guess. Better than James Anderson but not a starter on a good team...as can be expected.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His skill set is so intriguing. I believe he's an integral part of the post-Duncan and Ginobili core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker on Kyle:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves to prove he doesn't belong in the playoff rotation. All four of the likeliest match-ups for the team play small a lot of the time except Utah. That should open up some minutes for Anderson in addition to wing minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyle is true Spurs material.Happy for his teammates ..

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kyle is true Spurs material.Happy for his teammates ..
    digs at porker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His skill set is so intriguing. I believe he's an integral part of the post-Duncan and Ginobili core.
    Agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, OKC, picking #29 in that draft. LOL, Josh Huestis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have to start a lob collection of alley oops Kyle has thrown:

Who can forget a classic in a championship game:

too bad I could not find the lob to Kawhi in transition. It wasn't the most spectacular play since it didnt end in a dunk bc Kawhi laid it in, but it was a more difficult play bc both guys were running, and there were defenders in the way. Maybe in some Kawhi highlights the play will show up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He deserves to prove he doesn't belong in the playoff rotation. All four of the likeliest match-ups for the team play small a lot of the time except Utah. That should open up some minutes for Anderson in addition to wing minutes.
    Chinook, I don't know if you watched the Pellies game but I totally saw some of your strategy that you talked about how to guard GSW with Kyle/Diaw.

Did you see Kyle guarding Ryan Anderson, but Diaw on Cunningham?

A lot of switching too.

Kyle had some major lapses by the way, fell down apparently skidding on the floor, and left Ryan open for a 3. . . but it was the one instance. He was solid most of the game aside from like a 1 minute stretch. I am sure those lapses Pop will chew him out for.

But I definitely saw your strategy being played out for a few minutes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook, I don't know if you watched the Pellies game but I totally saw some of your strategy that you talked about how to guard GSW with Kyle/Diaw.

Did you see Kyle guarding Ryan Anderson, but Diaw on Cunningham?

A lot of switching too.

Kyle had some major lapses by the way, fell down apparently skidding on the floor, and left Ryan open for a 3. . . but it was the one instance. He was solid most of the game aside from like a 1 minute stretch. I am sure those lapses Pop will chew him out for.

But I definitely saw your strategy being played out for a few minutes.
    The Spurs are still reeling from missing Splitter, as a healthy Tiago was the best defender on the team (and that's saying something). Anderson is probably going to get looks as the mobile-four defender from here on out. I don't hate the idea of him on Draymond, but I'm not sure the whistle will be for him. If you start him and LMA (or swap Duncan out early, it would definitely be a strategy against GS. People are too willing to concede small-ball to the Warriors -- the Spurs are probably more versatile going small than GS is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the Spurs are probably more versatile going small than GS is.
    agree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information