Page 140 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 5945
    Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    J Edgar- saw it when it first came out, think I might have liked it better then. Still good stuff, 7/10.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Pacific Rim Uprising

4/10

Wasn't expecting greatness, had doubts it would live up to the surprisingly good first one. It didn't. Main problem were the characters and actors. No gravitas.

Pros

- Action sequences were quite good
    - Battles were shown in daylight and not in a dark, rainy set
    - The villain's motivation was actually quite clever compared to the first one

Cons

- Boring acting
    - SIGNIFICANTLY cornier than the first one. Speeches/monologues were vomit inducing " believe in yourself! " stuff. felt like a childrens movie. and that's what drags this down so far. this movie missed Elba badly

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Heal the Living 3/10

Predictable from the movie description.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I Tonya

It was alright. Sure doesn't merit it's own thread.

The acting was fine but there's no way Allison Janey should have won an Oscar.
    Or that Margot Robbie should have even been nominated.
    These seemed like pretty easy roles to pull off.

Anyway 6.5/10

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pacific Rim Uprising

4/10

Wasn't expecting greatness, had doubts it would live up to the surprisingly good first one. It didn't. Main problem were the characters and actors. No gravitas.

Pros

- Action sequences were quite good
    - Battles were shown in daylight and not in a dark, rainy set
    - The villain's motivation was actually quite clever compared to the first one

Cons

- Boring acting
    - SIGNIFICANTLY cornier than the first one. Speeches/monologues were vomit inducing " believe in yourself! " stuff. felt like a childrens movie. and that's what drags this down so far. this movie missed Elba badly

Is Charlie Day in the new one?

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I Tonya

Anyway 6.5/10

The one ish I had with this movie is that they tried really hard to style it after a Scorssesse flick and it came off poorly. The sound track rules, tho.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Is Charlie Day in the new one?
    yep

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    The one ish I had with this movie is that they tried really hard to style it after a Scorssesse flick and it came off poorly. The sound track rules, tho.
    I didn't even make that association but you're right. And the characters talking to the audience in the action scenes was pointless. Especially since they already had them set up to talk in the interview portions.
    Yeah...the soundtrack was great. Love hearing good songs that I hadn't thought about in a while. They also fit in well with the movie. Not just thrown in.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Pacific Rim was hot trash. Hated it.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    I'm not watching a 23 minute video of a couple of dudes ing about a movie because it seemed too feminist to them. Maybe you can give a few bullet points.

Not sure why the adultery subplot would trigger you so hard, there have been like 10000 movies made where a wife cheats on her husband and this certainly isn't the first time it's been interracial.

Sure no problem. By the way I'm not triggered at the interracial cucking/adulterating. That part of the movie literally came out of nowhere and really had no significance to the movie. I guess you could say that its the reason the husband went on the mission in the first place but it seemed forced and more projecting an agenda to appease every single demographic.

As for the video, watch the first 9 mins. They hit on some great points and were not trashing the movie. The point is that Hollywood and the women empowerment / #metoo sector are always ing about not having any female dominated casts or female lead roles. The example being the Ghost buster remake being the one outlier. However then it was criticized because it wasn't a serious movie.

But then you have this legitimate writer / director in Alex Garlan (Ex-Machina) take on the movie and they cast an all female cast minus the two men in the movie and the characters are smart, diverse and no catchy, corny bs comedy or lines to dumb it up. In other words its an SJW dream movie. It's serious, has a decent plot with a legitimate director with enough star power in the lead role in Natalie Portman.

So what happens? Absolutely nothing! No mention of it around Hollywood circles. No victory lap, no viewership no cheers and circle jerking over it. No one cares. There wasnt anything for the SJW's to about so it fell silent tucked away and relegated to Netflix.

But one particular group did raise cane about it and it was the actual fans of the book Trilogy that pointed out one unbelievable up. The fact that in the Story's second book, the author reveals the main character (Natalie Portman) is half Asian. When asked about this obvious misstep Garland admitted to only reading the 1st book in the trilogy. LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Either Garland truly didn't do his due diligence and ed the whole movie up with his miss-cast lead, failing to further add more diversity to the cast, or he just didn't give a and cast Portman anyways. Sounds like a lib , fake news, SJW up to me.

But I'll admit that I had no idea what the movie was about. Im not that big of a sci-fi fan and was not familiar with the trilogy. I had no idea the cast was all female and went in with zero expectations. I somewhat liked the movie and thought the last 10-15 minutes were the most interesting. The problem I have is that you cant watch a movie nowadays and enjoy a ing movie without some underlying manipulative bull . It's really ing annoying.
    Last edited by RGMCSE; 03-29-2018 at 12:55 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    The Death of Stalin - 10/10. Brilliantly cast. Jason Isaacs as Field Marshal Zhukov was probably my favorite character.

Had to edit this in: I haven't enjoyed a film this much since There Will Be Blood. Stop whatever you're doing and watch it now.
    Last edited by DeadlyDynasty; 04-05-2018 at 03:42 PM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    College
    Maryland Terrapins
    Hostiles - 5/10...decent enough film, but it was thoroughly predictable even before the opening credits finished.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    A Quiet Place - 7/10

I don't think it's really that scary and it's more of a thriller but it was good to see an original movie. Loved the music in it.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    Name
    benefactor
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    3 Billboards - 9/10

All the main players are at their absolute best. Rockwell and McDormand both earned their Oscars.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    people hate on mother! ... i hated it after i saw it, but tbh, after i found out what it's about i give it a solid 8.

it's not for everyone and unlike any other film i've seen.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    I Tonya

Anyway 6.5/10
    Yeah 5/10 overall

But I thought Janey was great as that bully trailer trash mom

hope and change
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Boise State Broncos
    3 Billboards - 9/10

All the main players are at their absolute best. Rockwell and McDormand both earned their Oscars.
    one of only a handful of movies from the past few years that's even worth mentioning to other people.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Phoenix Suns
    College
    Arizona Wildcats
    A Quiet Place - 7/10

I don't think it's really that scary and it's more of a thriller but it was good to see an original movie. Loved the music in it.
    I was highly annoyed to find out Johann Johannsson, who just passed away a few months back, wasn’t the composer for this film, despite it being an obvious attempt to build off the incredible suspense of his Sicario score, which was a re-imagining of the simplicity of th Jaws main theme, but sounds nothing like it. A Quiet Place composer basically used two of Sicario’s songs with very little added or reimagined.

Basically the whole soundtrack feels ripped from:

The Beast
    The Border
    Night Vision

Off the Sicario score.
    Last edited by JMarkJohns; 04-23-2018 at 10:22 AM.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Annihilation - 6/10

Incredibly disappointing.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I'll give a quiet place a solid 8-8.5/10

it was quite good... though now i understand people's complaints about audience noise. it was literally one person in the theater who kept reaching for their bag of popcorn throughout. it wasn't the munching sound that bothered, it was the rustling of the bag.

but the movie was very well acted, a great suspense flick (definitely more suspense/thriller and less horror).

i think like any such movie, there are some easy plot holes (why didnt they just do x or y)... but without those there would be no plot. film had a good ending, too.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    You Were Never Really Here

Joaquin Phoenix plays a vet who helps find missing girls in LA.

Not too much to say about it other than it was solid and different enough to make it not redundant.

7.5/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Father Figures: 2.5/10

All funny parts in the previews. Waste of time

American Assassin 6/10

If it wasn't for Michael Keaton it would be a 1/10.

Watched LA Confidential on Netflix. Had forgotten all about it.

long movie that dragged a bit but very solid. 8/10

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Can't remember les for , but there's an alien invasion movie on Netflix.

5/10, maybe 6 if you consider the fact that our hero jumped into a raging river, about 30ft drop, with a newborn baby and came walking out the other side.. baby none the worse. Or the new clothes the baby somehow manages to morph into in the jungle.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Netflix movie Bright

They took a pretty interesting concept with solid characters and made it messy, low budget looking and predictable.

3/10
    I watched about 10 minutes of it, until Smith killed a fairy with a broom. That was enough for me.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Toronto Raptors
    i give infinity wars... idk, a solid 6? it was just kinda long and a lot of the jokes weren’t funny.

Thread Information