My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    saw that coming given the snippets we've gotten from the courtroom so far... the judge asking prosecutors if they're crying, etc.

that weighs on the jury

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any Trump quotes, Darrin?

Still waiting for your response.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you left out the fact that judge ellis ended up conceding that he acted out and had to specifically address that to the jury this morning

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...e-ellis-769889

The federal judge overseeing the Paul Manafort trial conceded Thursday morning that he made a mistake in chastising special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors a day earlier in front of the jury.

Addressing the jurors before prosecutors called their first witness of the day, U.S. District Court Judge T.S. Ellis said he “may well have been wrong” on Wednesday when he slammed the Mueller team for allowing an expert witness from the IRS to remain in the courtroom while other witnesses were testifying.
    In their letter, Mueller's team said that the judge's action left a "negative impression" of them. "The Court’s sharp reprimand of government counsel in front of the jury on August 8 was...erroneous. And, while mistakes are a natural part of the trial process, the mistake here prejudiced the government," Mueller's team wrote, asking Ellis to tell jurors he was mistaken and the prosecution did nothing wrong.

Before the jury came in Thursday but after the session began, Asonye asked Ellis to address the issue. The judge snapped, “Alright, I’m going to take care of that.”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't leave out anything. That link and quote were both included in the tweet.

lol @ "saw that coming"

Yeah right.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't leave out anything. That link and quote were both included in the tweet.

lol @ "saw that coming"

Yeah right.
    Do you agree with your tweets chris?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lmao

your tweet does not have that quote nor does it link to that article. it links to sarah carter's blog. and nowhere in there is a link to the article i posted
    lol @ "saw that coming"

Yeah right.
    yeah, i didnt post it here, so cant really hold that against you.

btw the issue isn't really that the judge has ruled against them on objections or whatever... its that his tone/demeanor towards them can impact the jury in ways that it shouldn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    but you left out the fact that judge ellis ended up conceding that he acted out and had to specifically address that to the jury this morning
    Direct quote from sarcarter article:

“I don’t care what the transcript says, maybe I made a mistake,” Ellis fumed. “When I exclude witnesses I mean everybody unless I make a special exception.”
    Direct link with quotes from saracarter article:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-ellis-768715 same authors

Want to try again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Direct quote from sarcarter article:
    that quote from ellis was from wednesday. that came BEFORE the prosecution's letter/complaint. this was separate from his apology to the jury on thursday.

Direct link with quotes from saracarter article:

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...s-ellis-768715 same authors

Want to try again?
    same authors. it's a different article, chris. don't be so disingenuous

the article i posted is more recent and includes the judge's apology to the jury on thursday.

MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're upset that she didn't link to an article that was updated and written 5 and half hours after she wrote her article? OK.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She didn't link to my specific politico article that was written after she wrote hers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you're upset that she didn't link to an article that was updated and written 5 and half hours after she wrote her article? OK.
    i'm not upset.

the article i referenced was first published at 10am eastern time today. sarah carter's article went up at 1:20pm eastern time today. and you posted it here just an hour ago... leaving out pretty important developments that had occurred as of that time

lol

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lol Chirs pwnd and mad.

BUT MUH ELLIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    next chris will post an article from may about ellis yelling at prosecutors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm not upset.

the article i referenced was first published at 10am eastern time today. sarah carter's article went up at 1:20pm eastern time today. and you posted it here just an hour ago... leaving out pretty important developments that had occurred as of that time

lol
    Yes, Sarah Carter was intentionally misleading you and the rest of the public by leaving out information that occurred either during or right after she posted the article. Nevermind the link to politico and an article written by the exact same authors. Congratulations bro on the solid sleuthing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, Sarah Carter was intentionally misleading you and the rest of the public by leaving out information that occurred either during or right after she posted the article. Nevermind the link to politico and an article written by the exact same authors. Congratulations bro on the solid sleuthing.
    its less about carter intentionally misleading anybody and more about you being to intellectually lazy to figure out because you saw an article that you think is politically good for you

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    next chris will post an article from may about ellis yelling at prosecutors
    How's that disingenuous thingy working out for you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its less about carter intentionally misleading anybody and more about you being to intellectually lazy to figure out because you saw an article that you think is politically good for you
    You said I left out a fact that occurred either during or directly after she wrote the article. These are your accusations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is the article "politically good" for me?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said I left out a fact that occurred either during or directly after she wrote the article. These are your accusations.
    my accusation is that you posted outdated news which left out important developments. i dont care when carter wrote the article. even if she wrote it 5 hours before the developments, it woulnd't matter. what matter is that YOU posted it here long after it was outdated and you left out some pretty important information... ie judge ellis told the jury this morning that he was mistaken the day before

How is the article "politically good" for me?
    you said anything anti-mueller is good for you. an article that paints the prosecution in a bad light (whining about a judge) is just that

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you read some of the back and forth, the judge was clearly trying to clown around and get laugh and some notice.

Im sure it was hilarious, but ya had to be there.
    I’m guessing...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    my accusation is that you posted outdated news
    Holy . Someone call a mod stat.

you said anything anti-mueller is good for you. an article that paints the prosecution in a bad light (whining about a judge) is just that
    No. Someone said I was pro Manafort and I said I was anti Mueller. Why are so disingenuous, and why are you a liar?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hang tight. They just getting started.

Thread Information