Page 146 of 439 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156196246 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 10954
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I offer as much straight posting critical of Joe Biden's policies -- maybe more -- than most conservative posters on this board, yet they all act like I'm some sort of deluded Biden cultist, while offering nothing themselves but derpy, throwaway putdowns of Biden and pat set pieces copped straight from the media.

It's kind of pitiful.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I offer as much straight posting critical of Joe Biden's policies -- maybe more -- than most conservative posters on this board, yet they all act like I'm some sort of deluded Biden cultist, while offering nothing themselves but derpy, throwaway putdowns of Biden and pat set pieces copped straight from the media.

It's kind of pitiful.
    Horse . You side saddle & couch your criticism of that mother er. I see you, Winester. You're slicker than offin' a hot rock.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do border visits accomplish anyway?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden is a serial fibber, unlike his predecessor.

Not sure why it's so important where the president physically is or what a visit to the border would change, can anyone explain?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Per usual his pants be all on fire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Failure to pass infrastructure/reconciliation and another wave of COVID could derail Dem majorities in Congress, Biden's re-election chances, and his underwhelming vax-dependent COVID strategy.

The GOP knows this and cynically continues to obstruct spending and play defense for SARS-CoV-2.

We test this proposition for the US over the period 1978 to September 2021 and show that consumer expectations about future economic trends are highly predictive of economic downturns 6-18 months ahead, thus providing an early-warning system for the economy (Blanchflower and Bryson 2021a).

Table 1 The Conference Board expectations data in the eight biggest US states, 2007 and 2021

The first row of the table shows the drop in The Conference Board expectations data in the eight biggest states from the spring peak in 2007 to December 2007, the date called by the NBER Business Cycle Dating Committee as the start of the Great Recession.

The second row reports the falls in 2021 from the spring peaks to September 2021.

These aren’t the only data flashing red. The US PMI New Orders data are also trending down as Figure 1 shows for four consumer facing sectors.

Figure 1 US PMI new orders, September 2018 – September 2021
    So, what is going on? The answer appears to lie in the exceptional nature of the COVID-19-induced shock to the economy. It has been both an economic shock and a health shock, and one with the potential to derail the economy again over the coming months. In spite of improvements in traditional labour market indicators, declining consumer expectations about the future of the economy are likely linked to COVID-19-related fears and anxieties.

This is borne out by a recent The Conference Board survey indicating that 42% of workers are worried about returning to the workplace for fear of contracting COVID-19, a substantial increase from June 2021 when only 24% expressed this concern (The Conference Board 2021).

The increased level of anxiety among workers is potentially justified because, as we showed in a recent study analysing the US Census Bureau’s Household Pulse Survey, workers were substantially more likely to contract COVID-19 than non-workers, despite having a higher probability of being vaccinated (Blanchflower and Bryson 2021d). Being at work or commuting to it increases the risk of infection. Such concerns have been exacerbated by the appearance of the Delta variant of the virus.

Rising anxiety and worry are not confined to workers. Evidence from the US Census Bureau’s bi-weekly Household Pulse Surveys suggests a consistent increase in anxiety and worry since June 2021.

We suspect that fears linked to COVID-19 will continue to affect the real economy and consumer expectations about an imminent economic downturn. This is a bold call not consistent with consensus; only time will tell if we are right. However, equivalent falls in these data in 2007 were an early indicator of recession, missed at the time by policymakers and economists.

It is possible that these data are giving a false steer. However, missing the declines in these variables in 2007 proved fatal. It is our hope such mistakes will not be repeated this time around. These qualitative data trends need to be taken seriously.
    https://voxeu.org/article/expectatio...sion-about-now

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Biden is a serial fibber, unlike his predecessor.

Not sure why it's so important where the president physically is or what a visit to the border would change, can anyone explain?
    Just trolling him, getting under his skin...maybe egg on a coronary, perhaps even a double.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    What do border visits accomplish anyway?
    Just trolling him, getting under his skin...maybe egg on a coronary, perhaps even a double.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Presidents are more or less helpless to steer macro trends, but they do get blamed for them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    won't hold my breath waiting for the CIVILITY! pearl-clutchers and the RESPECTING THE OFFICE concern trolls to chime in on this one

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's kind of pitiful.
    Every time your President speaks the WH has to cleanup what he said. It's unprecedented and embarrassing for the nation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    won't hold my breath waiting for the CIVILITY! pearl-clutchers and the RESPECTING THE OFFICE concern trolls to chime in on this one
    You want civility after 4 yrs of bs after bs after bs by your overlords in the DNCommie Party? yall! New rules!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Every time your President speaks the WH has to cleanup what he said. It's unprecedented and embarrassing for the nation.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You want civility after 4 yrs of bs after bs after bs by your overlords in the DNCommie Party? yall! New rules!
    Amen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah it's pretty funny to watch these libs try to pretend they didn't spend years melting down over conspiracy theories and just return to having civilized thoughtful political and policy discussions.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brandon

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing by your man

Tammy

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    He's your president too.

Might not be if people like you had enough guts to even consider primarying your party's in bent.

But you're afraid to ruffle feathers of people like Joey, so here we are.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    "Astonishing gaslighting"
    "Sociopathic"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"we're gonna impeach the mother er"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You would think his twitter PR team would be more aware Perhaps this is passive aggressive sabotage?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Standing by your man

Tammy
    He did right by me cleaning up the previous mess in the WH... he had one job and did it

Thread Information