Page 147 of 491 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 12267
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Raptors were never gonna give Siakam or OG. We need to find our own Siakam through the draft.
    Siakam last month said on a podcast that the rumors of him or OG getting traded were legit. When his agent called him randomly to tell him DDR got traded he thought for sure it was him that was getting traded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true gotta get over themselves first.
    Yup. Like me.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam 44 and 10, OG 22 and 5 Raptors win without Kawhi. At this point I would have taken Siakam rather than getting DDR.

So were the Raptors brilliant for taking him with the 27th pick, or stupid for taking Poeltl with the 9th pick in that same draft?

That same offseason they grabbed their current starting PG for a min contract, because he went undrafted.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So were the Raptors brilliant for taking him with the 27th pick, or stupid for taking Poeltl with the 9th pick in that same draft?

That same offseason they grabbed their current starting PG for a min contract, because he went undrafted.
    I wouldn’t say they were stupid for getting Poeltl at 9. That was a really weak draft. There’s only a couple players drafted after him that are doing something this year LeVert, Beasley, Sabonis, Siakam and Brogdon was drafted in the second round. Dj was also drafted that year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn’t say they were stupid for getting Poeltl at 9. That was a really weak draft. There’s only a couple players drafted after him that are doing something this year LeVert, Beasley, Sabonis, Siakam and Brogdon was drafted in the second round. Dj was also drafted that year.

The point is, the Raptors didn't even know how good he would be or they wouldn't have passed and let 17 other teams have a shot at him.

Late draft picks are a crapshoot. People forget that the year before the Spurs picked Manu at #57, they picked Felipe Lopez at #24. The Raps got lucky with Siakam.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    The point is, the Raptors didn't even know how good he would be or they wouldn't have passed and let 17 other teams have a shot at him.

Late draft picks are a crapshoot. People forget that the year before the Spurs picked Manu at #57, they picked Felipe Lopez at #24. The Raps got lucky with Siakam.
    The Spurs actually drafted, then traded the 29th pick Leon Smith (the guy who ended up in the nuthouse) to Dallas before drafting Ginobili at #57.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs actually drafted, then traded the 29th pick Leon Smith (the guy who ended up in the nuthouse) to Dallas before drafting Ginobili at #57.
    Yeah, that poor bas . The Spurs drafted him, and immediately traded him to Dallas for rights to Giricek and a second round pick. Then they traded Giricek for a future second round pick. So they basically traded the 29 pick for two future second rounders. That was a pretty good draft near the top, but Manu was the only sleeper I remember, and maybe the only good player after about mid-first round.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2nd miss game in 4 with a sore knee.
    Is it the same leg that kept'em out?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's the other leg, might be overcompensating for the quad.

My Team
    Golden State Warriors
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Kawhi doesn't need the attention"

So NOW they're pimping Kawhi's bizarre lack of social skills as a good thing? It's not like Toronto is an exciting NBA destination. And it's not like he never won a championship in SA, or like he's already won in Toronto. He sat out a year to demand a trade, and then went back to playing like we all knew he could play.

, maybe Uncle had the right idea.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So they've made an ad pointing out a dozen things Kawhi doesn't need and they're not even giving the public a hint for the things he actually needs?

Like,someone to help him wipe his butt?

Just saying,not much information in that commercial...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social Anxiety Disorder is not a joke. New Balance is trying to throw shade at SA is all that is. Placating to the "Group" and its wishes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Siakam 44 and 10, OG 22 and 5 Raptors win without Kawhi. At this point I would have taken Siakam rather than getting DDR.
    Yeah, that's a nice thought, but neither was on the table. You can't push trade demands when your soon to be former star throws your franchise under the bus.

What might be interesting is if TOR does sign Kawhi, maybe the Spurs throw a big contract offer at Anunoby in 2021 when he hits his first RFA opportunity. He'd be redundant to TOR at that point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Social Anxiety Disorder is not a joke. New Balance is trying to throw shade at SA is all that is. Placating to the "Group" and its wishes.
    Tbh, nothing in that advert had anything to do with SA.

Kawhi probably was relieved when he was traded and isn't looking back. The only groups still thinking and talking about the other side are his sister, and Spurs fans acting liked jilted lovers still obsessed with their ex.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His season from an individual standpoint has actually been somewhat disappointing. I imagine even for raptors fans. There are players in the east clearly having better seasons than him. Making a bigger impact than him. And he’s going to miss something like 30 games. Soft.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said after he got cut by Nike/Jordan that this is exactly the type of campaign they should’ve done with Kawhi. Be the anti “hype” anti noise guy. Let the smooth game on the court do the talking. Nike would’ve done it 10xs better too.

Kawhi is a snake for the way he acted to get out of San Antonio. But good for him with this deal. Hope it works for him. But still, Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though our season obviously sucks. Let’s face it we dodged a bullet by him pulling this crap and leaving like he did. Giving him a huge long-term contract. It would’ve been a disaster. This being soft, sitting it out, it’s only going to get worse as time goes on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We got now should be the Raptors 2019 season slogan. LAC got next

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His season from an individual standpoint has actually been somewhat disappointing. I imagine even for raptors fans. There are players in the east clearly having better seasons than him. Making a bigger impact than him. And he’s going to miss something like 30 games. Soft.
    He's having a pretty good season. And raptors fans seem to be happy with him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even though our season obviously sucks. Let’s face it we dodged a bullet by him pulling this crap and leaving like he did. Giving him a huge long-term contract. It would’ve been a disaster. This being soft, sitting it out, it’s only going to get worse as time goes on.
    Way to justify losing one of leagues best players.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pitch for KL, anti hero type, yet he is truly a desperate wannabe all star at heart. The ad is desperately seeking attention for the guy...the use of irony is clever, yet telling of his shortcomings. We all know the true anti hero and quiet achiever and greatest of this game was none other than Tim Duncan. He never needed an ad to confirm that...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They should add, in parentheses at the end... "He didn't need 70 million either."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    whether ur lottery or late round draft pick, drafted on a team who has no franchise player/hero/wankers, if given minutes or starter? ur development speeds up then someone sitting on the bench watching like a cuck

Thread Information