Page 147 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197247 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 10198
    Believe.
    Post Count

Trying to ignore all you catty little schoolgirls.

Someone posted this from the last Bourg game. Not a good game for Risacher. He looks smaller than I hoped, but I like how he moves in space on defense, good stance and coverage despite not being very long. The offense here is super rough, though. I don't think much of what he's attempting is bad, really, just not well executed, other than some plays just blundering into turnovers/swipes. That stuff can be marked as due to youth.
    Omg, no way a #1 pick misses a dunk in such an embarrassing way..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So of course this one comes in and pretend nothing has happened.

So this is what I like to call one of bags Dulcinea. The key is they want to be seen as impeachable and 'above the fray.' I imagine it has something to do with purity of something because they tend to act like old southern women from 50 years ago. Pantomiming his mother or grandmother. It's really phony. They will not get mad on this account. Bless your heart is as far as it goes. He hops on bunches of other accounts for that.

So bag has ben having a rough couple days. I have been ambushing and slamming any sense of authority, a key component to his narcissistic supply, and then someone challenged Dulcinea here. I then indirectly supported the challnger and continuing squeezing. Squeezing is how I found out he was still mad at me for not letting him sell Klan ideology on the political forum. The silly ole bag.

Anywho, he was heavy into his alts at this point mad at and I was slamming and outing him obviously over and over again and he just seemed to give up.

Yet lo and behold if Dulcinea themselves was sent in to salvage the rep.

I quickly slammed that and what you see above is bag and his alts trying to salvage cred.
    This is why your family has stopped inviting you to Thanksgiving dinner.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Narcissistic rage is an intense emotional reaction that can occur in people with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD). It can involve:

Intense anger
    Disproportionate response to the perceived provocation
    Verbal or emotional abuse
    Demeaning tactics to protect their self-image

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I’m leaning towards wanting the Raptors pick to rollover into next year. Depressing as options. Include it in the “Keldon +” trade package this summer for another player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I’m leaning towards wanting the Raptors pick to rollover into next year. Depressing as options. Include it in the “Keldon +” trade package this summer for another player.
    In a vacuum, that’s fine, but if it conveys next year, that’s a minimum of 3 surefire first round picks, and as many as 5 overall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Larry Bird isn't walking through that door."

That said, there will be good prospects available with both picks, imo, or even if we miss the Raptors pick and use the early second rounder. I think we'll wind up with two players who can improve our roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, Mr. Body, SpurRaider21, BaselineBum, you guys gotten anywhere with your part of the analysis?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hey, Mr. Body, SpurRaider21, BaselineBum, you guys gotten anywhere with your part of the analysis?
    What do I need to do?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What do I need to do?

So let’s share a little experiment – you guys have to do your part, just like I will do mine...

Mr Body figures the SEC is better than the ABA (and I can’t pull the post up to link it, because search is broken... Slovenian servers up the ass forever).

Here’s a link to the SEC page for 2013/14.
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb.../men/2015.html

14 teams, 15 or so players per team (~210 total). I picked 13/14 as that gives the players 10 years to develop their game and get onto a pro team somewhere.

Your part of this is to look through those rosters, looking the players up and figure out who:
    1) Had enough talent to ever get money to play in a real pro league (ie. where management can just buy a replacement player...)?

Be generous about it; I don’t care if it’s China, Puerto Rica, the G-league, wherever. Just somewhere where you get paid to play and don’t need a day job to put food on the table.

2)Was good enough to get into a such a league in the 14/15 season (ie, in theory, was good enough to play in a pro league in 13/14 as well...)

Figure out the percentage of those 200 or so players who meet 1 and then 2. I’m guessing you will hit less than 30/210 for 1) and 15/210 for 2)

I will do the ABA side of things. In the ABA, the answer for both 1) and 2) is 100%...

To summarize: find out how many of the players in the SEC 2013/14 ever played in a pro league. How many of them played in a pro league in 14/15?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To summarize: find out how many of the players in the SEC 2013/14 ever played in a pro league. How many of them played in a pro league in 14/15?
    What does that have to do with any point I was making.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft looks more uncertain than ever. there's usually some kind of consensus at that time of the year on the first 3 picks... Not so much this year, with early favorites kinda disappoting since.

I guess it will really be about evaluating potential over the next 4 years than pure talent, and not panicking over bad outings or overreacting over a few good ones (in the Tournament notably).The combine will also be important, FOs are really first looking at size, wingspan and verticaility nowadays, all things you can't teach, like BBIQ too, then relying on their development programs, which are real mexican armies, to fix eventual issues (notably shooting).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This draft looks more uncertain than ever. there's usually some kind of consensus at that time of the year on the first 3 picks... Not so much this year, with early favorites kinda disappoting since.

I guess it will really be about evaluating potential over the next 4 years than pure talent, and not panicking over bad outings or overreacting over a few good ones (in the Tournament notably).The combine will also be important, FOs are really first looking at size, wingspan and verticaility nowadays, all things you can't teach, like BBIQ too, then relying on their development programs, which are real mexican armies, to fix eventual issues (notably shooting).
    Mexican armies? Not sure what that means.

But this does seem like a draft with no clear 1-3 or more. Last year there was a top 5, once Miller ascended into the group. Previous year, consensus was some order of Banchero-Smith-Holmgren. This draft is more like the 2020 when things were very weak. Teams had to convince themselves to believe in James Wiseman (they shouldn't have), LaMello was a question mark due to character and previous compe ion. Anthony Edwards looked good (obviously became great) and most of the top 10 was shaky at best.

I think this one may be better in overall top 10 after Edwards. Maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Topic has been in the top 3 all year. Even his injury didn’t derail his draft stock.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel that we should expect the draftees to be the same level as Wesley or Branham nothing better than. Next year draft is just going to be neutral for the Spurs. Improvement will have to come through trades/free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier had a strong game. 7 assists is tied for his second most in a game all year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The last two drafts should be seen as an aggregate.

120 players, but really only one player and 119 also rans. The remaining 60 of those 119 are yet to be chosen.

There was really only one lottery in that two-year span and the Spurs already won it.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Collier had a strong game. 7 assists is tied for his second most in a game all year
    If we want a star I feel like we should roll the dice with him. He's a dog, he's determined. He's fearless. I think he makes mistakes due to that. I think Pop in his old age would be supportive and not kill his development. Apparently he was so good in HS at getting to the rim he never had to work on his shot. Also, since his injury return he seems to be playing a more winning brand of basketball. I think he is very underrated now at #14 or whatever so there is at least value in him if he drops.

I understand the risks completely.

Anyway. My two cents.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

lmao at Mexican armies

Are they THAT bad?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Regardless of the level of the ABA, Topic was playing for a quite special team called Mega Basket. Mega Basket owner is Topic's agent and most, if not all, of the other players of Mega Basket are also represented by this agent/owner. The main goal of the team is to showcase young players.

Because of that, I'm always cautious when a player put great stats with this team. You had to wonder if the owner/agent doesn't ask to the coach, as main goal, to make the best prospect (Topic this year) looks as good as possible.

While I'm cautious, I'm obviously not writing off a player because he is on that team. Jokic came from that team.
    It could be read both ways though: if a player is the recipient of such heavy investment, it would be an indication as to what his potential is perceived to be. Wasn't that Wemby's case last year, for example?
    Also, he wasn't just putting empty stats, he was productive and efficient and doesn't seem to have hurt his team in any way, which could be the telltale for someone like you describe.
    Bottom line: limited film available (to ME), glaring weaknesses (shooting, defense) and strengths that may or may not translate (finishing at the rim) make me skeptical of him, the same way I was of the Thompsons last year. The Spurs have the opportunity to scrutinize his every move and have him work out, so that's not true for them at all (the Thompsons were indeed higher for teams than they were for me, and they were mostly right), but I feel more comfortable with those players I have a better read on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephon Castle vs. Xavier, watching while I'm working. A real smooth lateral athlete but not necessarily explosive, knows what he's doing in space, so very efficient, tall and strong for his position, the FO and coaches would love him. Very cool demeanor, rarely makes mistakes, much less freshman ones. A couple drives were either good defense or he went in too far, but rotations on defense are on point, solid and constant contests without fouling, will bang with a big guy if he needs to on the post, makes the right reads on offense. Extra pass all the time, gave up a slightly contested but easy lay-up on a fantastic cut he made in order to get Clingan for a dunk. Will go down to clean up boards.

UConn is excellent but he's right there with the other older guys. Wary to take shots and they're not exactly good, but will do everything else. Chase-down block, bothers shots, height to move the ball around, can shift the defense to get better angles. Seems like a super-utility upside. Others have compared him to a point guard Jimmy Butler and I see it. Doesn't overpower with athleticism but does everything very smartly. Offensively, can get to the rim and has good floaters. If you think he can get his shot on track, and it doesn't really look bad, then you definitely have a player here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Risacher, Sarr, and Topic are still top 3 in most drafts I see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stephon Castle vs. Xavier, watching while I'm working. A real smooth lateral athlete but not necessarily explosive, knows what he's doing in space, so very efficient, tall and strong for his position, the FO and coaches would love him. Very cool demeanor, rarely makes mistakes, much less freshman ones. A couple drives were either good defense or he went in too far, but rotations on defense are on point, solid and constant contests without fouling, will bang with a big guy if he needs to on the post, makes the right reads on offense. Extra pass all the time, gave up a slightly contested but easy lay-up on a fantastic cut he made in order to get Clingan for a dunk. Will go down to clean up boards.

UConn is excellent but he's right there with the other older guys. Wary to take shots and they're not exactly good, but will do everything else. Chase-down block, bothers shots, height to move the ball around, can shift the defense to get better angles. Seems like a super-utility upside. Others have compared him to a point guard Jimmy Butler and I see it. Doesn't overpower with athleticism but does everything very smartly. Offensively, can get to the rim and has good floaters. If you think he can get his shot on track, and it doesn't really look bad, then you definitely have a player here.
    I read all that and wonder if this guy just isn't a slightly shorter Sochan? Offensively, they are highly similar shooters (had identical FG%, shoot the 3 within .04% points of each other, although Castle is a better free thrower). I haven't watched Castle play, so I'll defer to your characterization, but it sounds like he's a mini-Sochan, and that's really not what this team needs (unless we're trading Jeremy)

Sochan:

Season School Conf Class G GS MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS SOS
    Career Baylor 30 1 25.1 3.3 7.0 .474 2.5 4.3 .585 0.8 2.7 .296 1.8 3.0 .589 2.0 4.4 6.4 1.8 1.3 0.7 1.6 2.3 9.2 8.76

Castle

Season School Conf Class G GS MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS SOS
    Career UConn 25 21 27.0 4.0 8.4 .474 3.4 6.3 .532 0.6 2.1 .302 2.6 3.4 .753 1.6 2.7 4.3 3.0 1.0 0.5 1.4 2.3 11.2 7.05

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

At least he has dragged his three point percentage up to 30%, on about 2 attempts vs the 19% or so he was shooting early in the season. If the Spurs draft a forward with their own pick Castle might not be too bad with the Toronto pick should it convey. If they draft a guard I might be looking more at Knecht with the Toronto pick though. Spurs definitely miss McDermott's shooting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we want a star I feel like we should roll the dice with him. He's a dog, he's determined. He's fearless. I think he makes mistakes due to that. I think Pop in his old age would be supportive and not kill his development. Apparently he was so good in HS at getting to the rim he never had to work on his shot. Also, since his injury return he seems to be playing a more winning brand of basketball. I think he is very underrated now at #14 or whatever so there is at least value in him if he drops.

I understand the risks completely.

Anyway. My two cents.
    His asst/TO ratio is < 2. That’s awful for a PG. I mean people on Topic for not being able to shoot, but this guy can’t shoot OR pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read all that and wonder if this guy just isn't a slightly shorter Sochan? Offensively, they are highly similar shooters (had identical FG%, shoot the 3 within .04% points of each other, although Castle is a better free thrower). I haven't watched Castle play, so I'll defer to your characterization, but it sounds like he's a mini-Sochan, and that's really not what this team needs (unless we're trading Jeremy)

Sochan:

Career Baylor 30 1 25.1 3.3 7.0 .474 2.5 4.3 .585 0.8 2.7 .296 1.8 3.0 .589 2.0 4.4 6.4 1.8 1.3 0.7 1.6 2.3 9.2 8.76

Castle

Career UConn 25 21 27.0 4.0 8.4 .474 3.4 6.3 .532 0.6 2.1 .302 2.6 3.4 .753 1.6 2.7 4.3 3.0 1.0 0.5 1.4 2.3 11.2 7.05
    In a way, yeah. Castle with more assists, fewer rebounds, can run point. They're both active, potentially very good defenders with a good floor sense who can switch capably to defend multiple positions, be opportunistic with steals and blocks without losing position, can clear boards. They're what the Spurs probably want on that end.

With every point in this draft, it seems you're giving something up:

1. Topic - shooting and defense
    2. Sheppard - positional size, man-to-man defense
    3. Dillingham - positional size, defense, possible game feel
    4. Castle - shooting

Of course each element given up isn't the same. Some are bigger deficits than others or can be corrected.

Collier I've only watched a couple times. He was better the second one. Tremendous speed and good strength for his position. Right now, I'd say you're giving up execution, touch on shot, and possibly game feel.

Thread Information