Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many TOs did he have? 3. With 5 assists. in 30 Min. Very similar line as last year despite a whole off-season to work as a PG with the team's blessings.

And he went 5 of 7 from 3. Which he didn't do well last year after the fist 1/3 of the year.

Dude has wing written all over him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer league game thread probably has more pages than any regular season game last season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer league thread probably has more pages than any regular season game last season.
    Yeah most of them didn't make it beyond 5 or 6 pages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd be the only PG in history that knows how to beat his initial defender without hardly ever making it to the rim for a layup then. This board thirsts for Primo's potential as a PG and I'm dumbstruck at what they are seeing. I keep reading about his above average court vision and handles and I'm wondering WTF glasses you guys are watching the gane through. He forces passes. Often into double coverage. He routinely throws at least 1 or 2 away practically right to a defender. He often throws his man into coverage instead of away from it or throws a pass down into the post where his guy has nothing to do with it then force up a bad shot.

He is NOT a PG. He is a wing, that might occasionally be playable as a SG. His 3 pt shot returned for this game and with his height, he is a prototypical 3.
    You may be right.
    You're probably right.
    But to not look into his potential into the position is folly.
    And he's still a child!
    Think of the player he will be with 3 years of experience and he's been put to the fire since he was a kid.

He already shows a ton.
    And Summer League is not a proper evaluation for a PG with a team of strangers thrown together and each have their own assignments that Pop wants to see.

I just think a wiser eye needs to be used here.
    Not the reactionary of a Tik Tok Teen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not actually sure Primo looks taller. I did just get off work and only saw the highlights, but I just think SL players are smaller than NBA rotation players. Also, Primo's always looked big. Even when he was fresh off measuring 6-4, he looked big. The difference is folks are watching 6-4 Branham and 6-5 Wesley rather than 6-6 Vassell and 6-6 Wieskamp. Obviously getting a bit taller would only be a boost, but I don't think he's had a position-changing spurt.

Primo hasn't played a PG, so he's going to look awkward at it. That's how development works. That's why it's always a good idea to have a vet PG for the summer league and good coaches. I don't know if Johnson is up to snuff. I'm not against the team having a ball-handling guard next to him, which is why it made sense to draft both Branham and Wesley. But I think Pop has made his preference for playing multiple ball-handlers in the starting unit apparent for at least a decade now. It's one of the reasons he always hated LDN despite Green being a literally perfect fit with Prime Tony. Pop even wanted to get a PG to play next to Parker back in the day. Primo isn't expected to be the sole facilitator of the starting lineup. That doesn't mean that the Spurs would be wrong not putting a floor-general PG next to him.

People seem to forget that the SL is just like this. Most of the guys on the team aren't NBA players. It's usually discombobulated. Even in their le summer, they didn't look good in the SLC league. I'm really annoyed how few games the team gets to play now. Part of that is ESPN commercializing the out of the Vegas League. But I'm cool with that if there are a couple more tune-up leagues that form. I'm surprised Austin doesn't have one. Or , how interesting would a Seattle league be? Hopefully if those do happen the Spurs don't miss out. It's really worrying to me that they didn't do one this year. It could be COVID concerns, but a team in their position should be giving prospects as many chances as possible show out. Sure, nowadays the first-rounders will be in SA much sooner than back in the day, but they also need to turn over stones looking for elite role-players, and it's a relatively cheap thing to do to get some scrimmage games in.

Hopefully we see more of the main guys going forward and some of the also-rans show something to get X-9 deals. Days showed a little something, and Wieskamp not diving on his tender is surprising. Unlike a second-round tender, a QO is guaranteed money, and I can't see him doing better than that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You may be right.
    You're probably right.
    But to not look into his potential into the position is folly.
    And he's still a child!
    Think of the player he will be with 3 years of experience and he's been put to the fire since he was a kid.

He already shows a ton.
    And Summer League is not a proper evaluation for a PG with a team of strangers thrown together and each have their own assignments that Pop wants to see.

I just think a wiser eye needs to be used here.
    Not the reactionary of a Tik Tok Teen.
    His Assist to Turnover ratio is like never even in the 2s. Last year, the top 100 all had a 2.1 ratio or higher. Primo consistently had 4 or 5 TO games last year.

The Spurs drafted him and played him as a starter last year before we decided to tank.

And btw, he's not a child. He's a grown ass adult that's making millions of dollars. His game is worthy of criticism.

And I'm not really even criticizing him for certain stuff.

1. I've said repeatedly he'll be a good to great wing in a couple years. But you cannot suspend judgement on a player because he's not yet 20. There are drafts every year and you can't try to pick a guy for a position that *might* be good in 5 or 6 years at a position when he already shows out better in another position.
    2. Pop deserves blame for Primo being misused. Primo absolutely deserves criticism for his repeated TOs and lackluster defense at times. He forces the ball and loses his handle in traffic which is worthy of criticism. I will not however criticize him for not beating his man as he shouldn't be the primary ball handler. That's on Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His Assist to Turnover ratio is like never even in the 2s. Last year, the top 100 all had a 2.1 ratio or higher. Primo consistently had 4 or 5 TO games last year.

The Spurs drafted him and played him as a starter last year before we decided to tank.

And btw, he's not a child. He's a grown ass adult that's making millions of dollars. His game is worthy of criticism.

And I'm not really even criticizing him for certain stuff.

1. I've said repeatedly he'll be a good to great wing in a couple years. But you cannot suspend judgement on a player because he's not yet 20. There are drafts every year and you can't try to pick a guy for a position that *might* be good in 5 or 6 years at a position when he already shows out better in another position.
    2. Pop deserves blame for Primo being misused. Primo absolutely deserves criticism for his repeated TOs and lackluster defense at times. He forces the ball and loses his handle in traffic which is worthy of criticism. I will not however criticize him for not beating his man as he shouldn't be the primary ball handler. That's on Pop.
    I'm sorry, he's a 19 year old grown ass adult, lol.
    They started him at the end of the year playin a wing position.
    His handles have absolutely improved and you not recognizing it means you aren't watching.
    His TO's are trying to needle passes to guys who don't know where they are supposed to be because, you know, Summer League.

Calm your s baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His handles have absolutely improved and you not recognizing it means you aren't watching.
    His TO's are trying to needle passes to guys who don't know where they are supposed to be because, you know, Summer League.

Calm your s baby.
    Ok, I'm in, you sonof . But just because you told me to calm my s, baby. Primo for All-Star PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok, I'm in, you sonof . But just because you told me to calm my s, baby. Primo for All-Star PG.
    He has warts for sure but no one on that summer team has the advance skill he posses…….they’re all 19 btw

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Step back three? That was filthy!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, would you know any free website where we can watch the replay free?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys, would you know any free website where we can watch the replay free?
    I was at the game so I can say this:

They should pay you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Primo for forwarding his potential, wherever that may be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Calm your s baby.
    Literally noone has argued for Primo to be the PG, but people keep going back to it because Primo is trending up and their takes are looking worse and worse on a kid whose prime is a decade away. Wouldn't waste too much time on the goal post shifters. They just don't know how to admit they were wrong. Grasping at straws.

Primo looks like a good prospect. Kid shot 70 percent from 3, creating on his own half the time and people are desperate to say he can't pass or lead after a night of doubles on him.
    Kawhi couldn't beat a double team 5 years into his career with legit NBA options. Primo surrounded by maybe 2 NBA players.

Primo will be alright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Becky was a far superior summer league coach to Mitch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally noone has argued for Primo to be the PG, but people keep going back to it because Primo is trending up and their takes are looking worse and worse on a kid whose prime is a decade away. Wouldn't waste too much time on the goal post shifters. They just don't know how to admit they were wrong. Grasping at straws.

Primo looks like a good prospect. Kid shot 70 percent from 3, creating on his own half the time and people are desperate to say he can't pass or lead after a night of doubles on him.
    Kawhi couldn't beat a double team 5 years into his career with legit NBA options. Primo surrounded by maybe 2 NBA players.

Primo will be alright.
    I have zero problem with the child's progression thus far.
    He's looking more legit and I'm glad for it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The end result is moot. Wesley, Branham and Primo looked promising. Primo is not a PG.
    Don't tell the spurs front office that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This summer league game thread probably has more pages than any regular season game last season.
    More fans at the game also.

I've been coming to this event for well over ten years and I've never seen it this packed.

Wall-to-wall people (even at the Spurs game). Super-spreader I fear (and I wasn't even that close to Socham!).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced after this game that the Spurs are a soccer team, based on my Googling....

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More fans at the game also.

I've been coming to this event for well over ten years and I've never seen it this packed.

Wall-to-wall people (even at the Spurs game). Super-spreader I fear (and I wasn't even that close to Socham!).
    Yikes! Be careful in them streets

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am convinced after this game that the Spurs are a soccer team, based on my Googling....
    naw!!! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be honest, this is a safe space, you used Bing didn't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe based on the area you live

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Be honest, this is a safe space, you used Bing didn't you?
    It was Ask Jeeves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tottenham Hotspur AKA "Spurs"

Thread Information