Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Actually felt cooler when I sprayed bug spray around the house around 7:40 p.m. Some clouds and wasn't like oppressively hot at that time like the past 2 months. 93F

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    93F being "cooler" is sad, but Texas is what it is tbh

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    College
    Brigham Young Cougars
    my government apartment has no air conditioner i am living like this all day.........my house smells like mildew......

Veteran
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    What's worse than San Antonio heat and humidity? South Padre Island. God ing awful. 85 felt like 106 there this weekend because of 90% humidity. It was miserable even on the beach, at Longboards, everywhere except the hotel where we had the AC cranked to 61.

After 14 years of central and northern California beaches being 60s to low 80s this time of year to come home to this giant heap of humid and the offensive amount of overweight women wearing things they shouldn't...as much as I hate California politics, I ing HATE Texas weather 10 fold.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What's worse than San Antonio heat and humidity? South Padre Island. God ing awful. 85 felt like 106 there this weekend because of 90% humidity. It was miserable even on the beach, at Longboards, everywhere except the hotel where we had the AC cranked to 61.

After 14 years of central and northern California beaches being 60s to low 80s this time of year to come home to this giant heap of humid and the offensive amount of overweight women wearing things they shouldn't...as much as I hate California politics, I ing HATE Texas weather 10 fold.
    100 percent agreed

The perfect climate for me is Crescent City California. Absolutely love that place in the summer.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Meanwhile, 102 here, north is going to get a cool front next week but we're going to be left high and dry down here

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    baseline bum TWC's forecast for the first half of August in San Antonio:

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

I was going to say they have tended to overestimate actual temperatures by a couple of degrees in their long term forecasts this summer, but NOAA's forecast is dog weather too.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...338&lon=-98.47

Looks like a quite decent chance we set the record for most days of 100+ this year considering we're already at 36 with 30 more days of August left and with the record at 59 days.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Rain to the north in Pville

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I was going to say they have tended to overestimate actual temperatures by a couple of degrees in their long term forecasts this summer, but NOAA's forecast is dog weather too.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...338&lon=-98.47

Looks like a quite decent chance we set the record for most days of 100+ this year considering we're already at 36 with 30 more days of August left and with the record at 59 days.
    Yeah it looks unlikely that we'll have the below average August we had last year. Though the rain chances do tick up in a couple of weeks so that may give a reprieve similar to the one we got here a week or two ago.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Rain to the north in Pville
    Bizarre, considering the big "H" dome is pretty much centered right over Waco.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Rain is close I can smell it

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins

Ugh ing 104 today just as predicted. Wonder if we'll get a few days of high 90s in the middle of the month before going right back up to 100s as the models seem to show the high pressure ridge stuck over the area since early July weakening by the 16th or 17th.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Ugh ing 104 today just as predicted. Wonder if we'll get a few days of high 90s in the middle of the month before going right back up to 100s as the models seem to show the high pressure ridge stuck over the area since early July weakening by the 16th or 17th.
    Yup it will cool down one day in mid-late August with the high just weak and displaced enough to allow a supercell to create an F5 Tornado that strips the Alamo and Hemisfair towers down to the foundation then we will immediately proceed to go right back up to 104-105 degree days through mid September.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Officially 104 degrees here. Though app says 102. Still, baseline bum , we're probably up around 40 for the year now, haven't been paying close attention

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Officially 104 degrees here. Though app says 102. Still, baseline bum , we're probably up around 40 for the year now, haven't been paying close attention

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    My ten day forecast has 103 or higher EACH day

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Another excessive heat warning tomorrow. I have lost count of how many we have had this year. Maybe 10 or so? Even in the of last summer we only had three, which was the most ever in a year until this year if I remember right from what KSAT was saying when we were having them repeatedly in June.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    105 at my house. Usually lower than the official SA temp but not today.

Rode my bike anyway because someone has to. Right?
    It was not overwhelming as the wind was legit and the humidity 25%. Took the shady route on the trail system.
    Good work out. I guess. You have to move fast enough to feel the evaporative cooling though. My first pee was really yellow but thats solved now.
    The good news. Over the 16 mile trek there were 5 other bikers I crossed paths with. I am not alone.

And one lady walking quickly with a frggn heavy sweat shirt on. Im not getting why people think because they sweat while walking they are getting something done when its blazing hot. I would not last in that clothing. You gotta have wicking wear and you got to drench yourself in water at every stop that has water. Which was unfortunately only 1. SA? Can you fix the water? Or just tell us not to go on the trail system because you turned the water off. I would understand. Promise.

The trail stewards are nowhere to be seen. Which I understand as well. They are older folk for the most part.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    edit

Official high for SA was 104.
    So pleasant...

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    edit

Official high for SA was 104.
    So pleasant...
    ing 95 at 9:15

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    Even if we have clear skies the whole night the temperatures stay 80 or above at our house outside. I guess all the pavement and buildings are unable to give off enough heat with this relentless hot spell. We have a of a lot of old big trees in my neighborhood so I’m a bit surprised.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think last night was N Austin first low at 80. It is so hot that it is not cooling off

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    Even if we have clear skies the whole night the temperatures stay 80 or above at our house outside. I guess all the pavement and buildings are unable to give off enough heat with this relentless hot spell. We have a of a lot of old big trees in my neighborhood so I’m a bit surprised.
    The nights are still humid as with dewpoints in the mid 70s and that does a lot to seal the heat in near ground level.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    Texas Longhorns
    I think last night was N Austin first low at 80. It is so hot that it is not cooling off
    We got a 78 at my house.

Thread Information