Page 15 of 61 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the animal trap kills in FC4 tbh? I used to love baiting dudes to run near the riverbank and get merked by a gator, etc.
    I was wrong, Far Cry 3 is a lot easier than Far Cry 4. In Far Cry 4 when you take over an outpost you're constantly fighting to keep it when the other army invades. Far Cry 3 seems like you knock out a base and it's your territory forever. Both games get pretty easy if you just focus on hunting at the beginning though. I'm interested to see Blood Dragon after I finish FC 3, that looks hilarious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was wrong, Far Cry 3 is a lot easier than Far Cry 4. In Far Cry 4 when you take over an outpost you're constantly fighting to keep it when the other army invades. Far Cry 3 seems like you knock out a base and it's your territory forever. Both games get pretty easy if you just focus on hunting at the beginning though. I'm interested to see Blood Dragon after I finish FC 3, that looks hilarious.
    Do you really have to defend the outposts? I don't recall having to. I remember getting the messages about my outposts being under attack, but I didn't pay any attention to them and went somewhere else, and didn't lose the territory...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I had a lot of fun doing the camps as stealth as possible. Might just start it off with a sniper rifle opening the animal cage, then killing any survivors with the knife...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you really have to defend the outposts? I don't recall having to. I remember getting the messages about my outposts being under attack, but I didn't pay any attention to them and went somewhere else, and didn't lose the territory...
    Hmmm, I defended them all, but by that time my character was so strong I don't think I ever failed in doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I had a lot of fun doing the camps as stealth as possible. Might just start it off with a sniper rifle opening the animal cage, then killing any survivors with the knife...
    I love chaining the knife kills, but my favorite is pulling the pin on the 's grenade and then kicking him out of the way. 's fun throwing a rock, stabbing the guy from behind, and then dragging his body behind some buses before anyone gets back.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read, tbh

Comparing Today's Modern CPUs To Intel's Socket 478 Celeron & Pentium 4
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...78-retro&num=1

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How are the animal trap kills in FC4 tbh? I used to love baiting dudes to run near the riverbank and get merked by a gator, etc.
    You should get it just for the Kanye diss tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just gets ing cheesy and stupid. The gunplay and everything is fun which is why I beat the game, but you'll see. Wait til' you unlock the top half of the island and meet that jungle skank.

Have you done the weed field mission? That's about the games peak IMO.
    LOL boning the Christy Mack lookalike while fighting the ink monster. I thought the ink monster fight was pretty cool. Far Cry 4 has the same kind of stuff where you take hallucinogens and go to crazy ass places like that, but it's much better executed in FC4. It's a land called Shangri-La, and the graphics are really impressive there. I like the storyline in FC3 so far though. Much better leading the Rakyat than going back to Santa Monica with the nagging GF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good read, tbh

Comparing Today's Modern CPUs To Intel's Socket 478 Celeron & Pentium 4
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...78-retro&num=1

Interesting.

I just built one of those RetroPie systems for around $40. There are a few flavors of Mame emulators installed. The version of roms I'm using are 0.375b and there are some audio issues. Since you worked on the Mame project, I was wondering if sound issues would be with the version of the roms? Or, would the issue be with the emulator? Just trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting.

I just built one of those RetroPie systems for around $40. There are a few flavors of Mame emulators installed. The version of roms I'm using are 0.375b and there are some audio issues. Since you worked on the Mame project, I was wondering if sound issues would be with the version of the roms? Or, would the issue be with the emulator? Just trying to troubleshoot.

Thanks.
    Never heard of RetroPie, but if you're having audio trouble with all the games, then it's probably a hardware issue. The best to find out is just load up Mame on a more powerful PC with the same game and see if it's ok.

Mame checksums the ROMs, so I doubt that's the problem, and while some sound chips might not be emulated 100%, they're really the minority. Is there any specific game you're having trouble with?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Never heard of RetroPie, but if you're having audio trouble with all the games, then it's probably a hardware issue. The best to find out is just load up Mame on a more powerful PC with the same game and see if it's ok.

Mame checksums the ROMs, so I doubt that's the problem, and while some sound chips might not be emulated 100%, they're really the minority. Is there any specific game you're having trouble with?

I don't have an issue with all the roms -- some are perfect. I was using Donkey Kong to test. All the sounds are there, except for running, climbing ladder, and jumping. I'm starting to wonder if there are other files that are missing.
    Last edited by DarrinS; 06-11-2015 at 02:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After some Googling, apparently there are some audio sample files required for some versions of Mame. I'll give that a shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    After some Googling, apparently there are some audio sample files required for some versions of Mame. I'll give that a shot.
    Yeah, some games, especially very old, need samples. Should go in the samples directory in Mame (zipped).

You should find what you need here:
    http://www.arcadeathome.com/mamewav.phtml

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arrggh, that's frustrating. For the longest time MAME wasn't good for playing Shinobi (my favorite arcade game) because it was impossible to find the sound samples for it. But at least it played great on System16. Now it seems to work great on MAME though years later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, some games, especially very old, need samples. Should go in the samples directory in Mame (zipped).

You should find what you need here:
    http://www.arcadeathome.com/mamewav.phtml
    Thanks. Works perfectly now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Arrggh, that's frustrating. For the longest time MAME wasn't good for playing Shinobi (my favorite arcade game) because it was impossible to find the sound samples for it. But at least it played great on System16. Now it seems to work great on MAME though years later.

I'll have to give that one a try. It may not be one of the roms that works on my Rasberry Pi, but I can try it on my pc version of Mame.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll have to give that one a try. It may not be one of the roms that works on my Rasberry Pi, but I can try it on my pc version of Mame.
    Nah man, it hasn't been maintained in years. System 16 was what I used to play Shinobi and only Shinobi around the year 2000 or so. Even then in its prime it was a pretty limited emulator, but it played Shinobi perfectly. Thankfully MAME does it just as well now though.

Or if you mean you'll have to try the game, definitely. It's right up there with the NES version of Ninja Gaiden 1 for my favorite ninja game. I wasn't that big a fan of the arcade Ninja Gaiden though, it was a Double Dragon clone but not nearly as well executed. I love Shinobi's music and the graphics were pretty impressive for a game released in 1987 or so.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-12-2015 at 06:56 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    System 16 emulation has been complete on Mame for a while now, IIRC... The biggest was to crack the Hitachi FD1094 chips that held the encryption key, so originally Mame only supported the bootlegs, which sometimes were modified.

But a long time ago a way was found to derive the keys. There's a big ass comment from Nicola on how the whole encryption system works at the top of the driver code:
    https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob...chine/fd1094.c

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gots are having a lengthy discussion about the requirements to play 1987's Shinobi?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You gots are having a lengthy discussion about the requirements to play 1987's Shinobi?
    It has better graphics than Hatred.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why don't you go watch another AMD video from goth got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why don't you go watch another AMD video from goth got?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got death threats over that video I'm sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It just gets ing cheesy and stupid. The gunplay and everything is fun which is why I beat the game, but you'll see. Wait til' you unlock the top half of the island and meet that jungle skank.

Have you done the weed field mission? That's about the games peak IMO.
    What a ing load of crap. I take out Hoyt, cut Lisa's throat, and that cunt Citra stabs me to death after I came inside her.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a ing load of crap. I take out Hoyt, cut Lisa's throat, and that cunt Citra stabs me to death after I came inside her.

HEY BUM! you where right about broadwell cpus..... ing lame with just an upgraded built in graphics which is useless because everybody gets a graphics card... good call

Thread Information