Page 153 of 439 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203253 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 10959
    notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ...and I'm paying $3 a f'n gallon again.
    $3.60 here in Arizona.

It's was $2.29 a gallon when President Trump was overthrown.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How about you give us a detailed explanation about how one man made that happen, Simple Chris

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in the beginning the earth was void and without form, and darkness was upon the face of the Earth. Then God said "let there be light" and there was light, and God saw the light, that it was good. And God said, make gas 3 dollars a gallon. Bam, democrats were invented.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Americans are ing re ed
    Totally agree how the would anyone vote for a man?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So in the beginning the earth was void and without form, and darkness was upon the face of the Earth. Then God said "let there be light" and there was light, and God saw the light, that it was good. And God said, make gas 3 dollars a gallon. Bam, democrats were invented.
    I love the part when he said "let there be rock"... that was the beginning of the end, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not a poor so gas isn't a big deal. Feel sorry for ya on social security.
    Poor education leads to poor jobs, leads to complaining about $3 gasoline.

Trump loves the poorly educated.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Get a job and it won't be so bad, loser.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Americans are ing re ed
    Democrats are terrible at branding though. If they had any competence whatsoever with regards to messaging, they would be trouncing R's on perceptions about the economy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So what’s the solution?

Is it to drill more domestically?

To greenlight Keystone XL and other pipelines?

To allow more fracking and offer more leases domestically?

Nah, it’s to beg a bunch of terrorist sympathizing countries in the Middle East to pump more oil in the dirtiest way possible.

Having OPEC pump more oil out in the desert actually exacerbates the issue.

Given that, why not increase production at home, which will result in fewer emissions if a lot of that production includes natural gas and building more next-gen nuclear power plants?

That would also provide jobs for Americans in a time of out-of-control inflation and a stagnating economy.

The gas price crisis in the United States continues to spiral out of control. Those in the South have seen their gas prices double to over $3.00 a gallon over the last several months, but they have it easy compared to places like California, where one station was recently charging over $7.00 a gallon. That’s enough to make Europe blush.

Of course, every bit of this was self-inflicted on the nation, not by consumers, but by the Biden administration pandering to far-left delusions about climate change completely destroying the planet.

There’s a lot of stupidity involved in this, but let’s focus on the fact that we all live on the same planet. What I mean by that is that if the American left is concerned about climate change, they aren’t fighting it by blocking cleaner energy production (including natural gas) domestically. Having OPEC pump more oil out in the desert actually exacerbates the issue. Given that, why not increase production at home, which will result in fewer emissions if a lot of that production includes natural gas and building more next-gen nuclear power plants? That would also provide jobs for Americans in a time of out-of-control inflation and a stagnating economy.

But there’s too much common sense involved in that proposition, and the administration is not operating based on logic. Rather, the entire war on domestic energy production is one big self-defeating virtue signal. It does not make sense on a rational level, even if one’s goal is to lower emissions. Yet, Biden blew up Keystone XL anyway because he wanted to make pink-haired lefties who block highways feel like they are saving the planet.

Meanwhile, normal Americans are paying the price as energy costs, not just at the pump, but at home as well, eat into their already limited paychecks.

Lastly, let’s just note that crying to OPEC isn’t going to work. They never kowtow to American pressure because they have no incentive to. That move didn’t work under Barack Obama and it’s not going to work now.

So regardless, the answer remains more domestic production. That the Biden administration won’t do everything in their power to help economically embattled Americans is yet another black mark on an already thoroughly marked-up administration.

Of course, I shouldn’t be surprised. This is the same president who left Americans stranded behind enemy lines in Afghanistan, so abandoning people is kind of his thing.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2021/10...o-fail-n467122
    Last edited by daboom1; 10-31-2021 at 11:53 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s a lot of stupidity involved in this, but let’s focus on the fact that we all live on the same planet. What I mean by that is that if the American left is concerned about climate change, they aren’t fighting it by blocking cleaner energy production (including natural gas) domestically.
    False. Domestic production of energy soared during the Obama administration, including clean energy. The only reason we've regressed is the previous administration going to bed with the Saudis, UAE, etc selling them weapons, something Democrats in general opposed.

In the five years before the war, U.S. arms transfers to Saudi Arabia amounted to $3 billion; between 2015 and 2020, the U.S. agreed to sell over $64.1 billion worth of weapons to Riyadh, averaging $10.7 billion per year. Sales to other belligerents in the war, like the United Arab Emirates (UAE), also rose exponentially.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order...arabia/#cancel

Biden Re-Examining U.S. Arms Sales to Saudi Arabia, U.A.E.
    The Biden administration has imposed a temporary freeze on U.S. arms sales to Saudi Arabia and is scrutinizing purchases by the United Arab Emirates as it reviews billions of dollars in weapons transactions approved by former President Donald Trump, according to U.S. officials

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-f...ae-11611773191

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's up with this? Why won't the USG come clean?

I am not accusing Biden, or the agencies whose advice he accepted on these matters, of breaking the law. On the contrary, I take them at their word: that in their view, a full disclosure of all do ents would compromise military, intelligence, and foreign relations.

It is not difficult to imagine how. Suppose, for the sake of argument, that there was a conspiracy. Suppose that the remaining do ents, together with those already released, were to establish – or permit private citizens to establish – what most Americans already believe. In that case, it would be obvious that the cover-up involved senior US government officials – including the leaders of the very agencies currently being tasked with reviewing the records. And, as a point of logic, it follows that in every succeeding cohort, under every president, the cover-up has continued. Isn’t that the only plausible way the current interests of those agencies might be damaged?

The irony is that by withholding the records, the government has already admitted, without saying so, that the Warren Commission lied and that there are vile secrets which it is determined to protect. It concedes, without saying so, that there was a conspiracy and that there is an ongoing cover-up. If there were not, all the records would have been released long ago. You don’t have to be a “conspiracy theorist” to see this.

Mark my words: Biden’s 2022 deadline will come and go. The song and dance will continue. No one who remembers 1963 will live to see the US government admit the full truth about Kennedy’s murder. And the American people’s faith in democracy will continue to fade. There is only one way to prevent this, and that is to release every record, withholding nothing – and to do it now.
    https://www.project-syndicate.org/co...braith-2021-10

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Repost =/= endorsement

If the USG has nothing to hide, it could put all of this to bed with a stroke of Sleepy Joe's pen.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article255356661.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    shhh Joe is sleeping

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why is there an alien talking??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brent Crude Headed for $120 by End of June, BofA Says
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/brent-cr...says-1.1675251

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democidal neglect, tbh

In September, the Biden White House unveiled a proposal for a ten-year, $65 billion investment in pandemic preparedness. And the administration asked Congress to include a $30 billion “downpayment” on that program as part of this year’s Build Back Better bill. As moderate Democrats demanded a massive reduction in that legislation’s top-line costs, the administration trimmed its request to $15 billion. In the version of Build Back Better unveiled Thursday, pandemic preparedness receives just $2.7 billion. And roughly half of that sum is dedicated to modernizing CDC laboratories, a vital endeavor, but not a core component of the administration’s preparedness agenda.”
    https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...-pandemic.html

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Brent Crude Headed for $120 by End of June, BofA Says
    https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/brent-cr...says-1.1675251
    Same Tired Old Bags ing us at the pump.

TOSB

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs