Page 157 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 571071471531541551561571581591601611672072576571157 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 40795
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Important to note that tested were symptomatic probably fairly symptomatic so great majority probably got through with mild, maybe moderate flu symptoms and didn’t get tested so are not in the calculations. Still it would seem this is worse than just the average flu and FAR MORE CONTAGIOUS.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet another one falls

A day after mocking self-distancing, Trump-supporting 'evangelical' leader closes Liberty University

Nothing says Christian hypocrisy like evangelical figurehead Jerry Falwell Jr.

His Liberty University has a large online student body but is also home to around 15,000 students on the Lynchburg, Virginia, campus.

Falwell’s speculation that all of the “hype” around the coronavirus was some kind of Democratic Party plot against Trump.

“We originally believed it was safest to return our students following their spring break instead of having them return following greater exposure opportunities from leaving them in different parts of the country for longer periods.

But, the Governor’s recent decision to limit certain gatherings has left us no practical choice because we have so many classes of more than 100 students.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/17/1928313/-A-day-after-mocking-self-distancing-Trump-supporting-evangelical-leader-closes-Liberty-University?detail=emaildkre

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet another one falls

A day after mocking self-distancing, Trump-supporting 'evangelical' leader closes Liberty University

His Liberty University has a large online student body but is also home to around 15,000 students on the Lynchburg, Virginia, campus.

Falwell’s speculation that all of the “hype” around the coronavirus was some kind of Democratic Party plot against Trump.

“We originally believed it was safest to return our students following their spring break instead of having them return following greater exposure opportunities from leaving them in different parts of the country for longer periods.

But, the Governor’s recent decision to limit certain gatherings has left us no practical choice because we have so many classes of more than 100 students.”

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/17/1928313/-A-day-after-mocking-self-distancing-Trump-supporting-evangelical-leader-closes-Liberty-University?detail=emaildkre

Actually he may have a point for the wrong reason. They’re probably all infected from partying together all spring break. Isolate them together

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Still it would seem this is worse than just the average flu" seem?

"FAR MORE CONTAGIOUS"

one of the most sinister aspects, as Italy discovered, is that infected and INFECTIOUS people are asymptomatic for 5-7 days before symptoms.

I don't know if it's still in effect, but a CDC insane rule says no testing until symptoms.

Perhaps that rule was justified due to few test kits available,

BECAUSE THE TRASH/REPUG CDC kakistocracy ED UP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never own another Ford. The ventilator will have a recall in the 1st week, then Ford will reflash it to have lower performance than the listed numbers that just barely beat out the compe ion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If "they" are denying you a test because your symptoms are not severe enough then what else are you supposed to do? Will they fire you for taking time off?

I know it's Spurs related but Death in June is a rather eery user name these days, especially for you
    "They" being human health services, as well as the private sector including the clinic I work at. No one wants to use test here. The name is a reference to a god awful
    "apocalyptic neo folk band." Its one of those embarrassing AOL email addresses/screen names I've had since highschool (circa 2003).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm in a bit of a tricky situation. I have some cold symptoms...cough, sore throat, fatigue. I'm a pharmacist at an HIV clinic (the only pharmacist there) and my employer can't find relief for me. I am extremely conflicted about going to work as I could possibly be a carrier in one of the most vulnerable patient populations there is. They also wont test me as my symptoms are "not severe enough." As if that matters.
    I've seen fever, cough and shortness of breath, bluish lips (lack of O2 obviously), pressure in the chest and confusion listed as well. Haven't seen sore throat though as a symptom. Regardless, even if you have strep or something else, that's a reason to avoid going to work regardless of what your employer can find.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "They" being human health services, as well as the private sector including the clinic I work at. No one wants to use test here. The name is a reference to a god awful
    "apocalyptic neo folk band." Its one of those embarrassing AOL email addresses/screen names I've had since highschool (circa 2003).
    Name sounds more like the Spurs playoffs in 2013 tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll never own another Ford. The ventilator will have a recall in the 1st week, then Ford will reflash it to have lower performance than the listed numbers that just barely beat out the compe ion.
    or the airbag will go off and behead you ma nig

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Britain is royally ed

just now they are shutting down London underground and panic buying

just a week ago they were going to “take it on the chin” and go for herd immunity Porton Johnson

they should have shut down, quarantine weeks ago

they are ed

my call is they will fare as bad or worse than Italy

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Younger Adults Make Up Big Portion of Coronavirus Hospitalizations in U.S.

New C.D.C. data showed that nearly 40 percent of patients sick enough to be hospitalized were aged 20 to 54.

But the risk of dying was significantly higher in older people.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/18/health/coronavirus-young-people.html
    There is some info that appears to show this might depend significantly on lung health and vitality. Vapers and smokers good luck. Asthmatics congenital stuff in the lungs, stay away from people. Today’s news. Tomorrow we might get something else.

Good news for me today because I’m back in the mix job wise. We are doing small group with distancing. Someone has got to have the stuff in our group(s). So I’m thinking I will get it and have mild symptoms. Other people in my closest relationships world are working somewhere in something medical related so my thinking is we will all get it. Testing would be nice. In SA at the moment, some GPs are swabbing, but you have to go in AND have symptoms. They will take a sample in the parking lot. Almost Sounds like drug deals.

I wonder if this will be considered like an Eagle Scout Badge in the future. You had the covid? check the box. And we salute you, don’t give blood. Maybe it will scarlet letter, who knows. Probably people won’t even care.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The last time USA was hit with a viral pandemic, for comparison. H1N1 had kill rate of minuscule 0.02%, even lower than seasonal flu.

"On November 12, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 22 million Americans had been infected with 2009 A H1N1 and 4,000 Americans have died.[127]

On December 10, 2009, the CDC reported an estimated 50 million Americans or 1 in 6 people had been infected with the 2009 A H1N1 Virus and 10,000 Americans had died"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_f..._United_States

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Britain is royally ed

just now they are shutting down London underground and panic buying

just a week ago they were going to “take it on the chin” and go for herd immunity Porton Johnson

they should have shut down, quarantine weeks ago

they are ed

my call is they will fare as bad or worse than Italy
    yo what is germany is doing to limit death rate?

Are they hypocrites and undereporting?

I dont see why they are so concenred if their death rate is almost the same as the flu.

My eyes are on them since they were in the front lines accusing china and iran of underreporting deaths

TRU 'cross mah stomach LaMarcus Bryant's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is anyone else following this issue closely feeling extreme time dilation?

I feel like it was months ago when I heard a hipster next to me at the bar telling the bartender that he did not fear going to sxsw, how he was going to go out of his way to shake 'so many hands', and all this would blow over. It was the Friday afternoon before they officially cancelled sxsw, only 13 days ago
    Feels like way longer than that tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I feel like it was months ago when I heard a hipster next to me at the bar telling the bartender that he did not fear going to sxsw, how he was going to go out of his way to shake 'so many hands', and all this would blow over. It was the Friday afternoon before they officially cancelled sxsw, only 13 days ago
    this happens in calm before the storm tbqh

everything will start to go fast pretty soon

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yo what is germany is doing to limit death rate?

Are they hypocrites and undereporting?

I dont see why they are so concenred if their death rate is almost the same as the flu.

My eyes are on them since they were in the front lines accusing china and iran of underreporting deaths
    not sure

but they are shutting it all down and just called in their army reserves

some is about to go down

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the Obama administration tried to save us from what Trump is doing right now

In January 2017, the Obama administration’s transition team conducted tabletop disaster response activities with Trump's top aides.

One of those tests was eerily prescient—a strain of novel and deadly influenza they called H9N2, origination in Asia and quickly spreading to Europe and then to the U.S.

"Health officials warn that this could become the worst influenza pandemic since 1918," the Obama team told Trump's aides

Those materials show that the "Trump team was told it could face specific challenges,

such as shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials, and

that having a coordinated, unified national response was 'paramount.'"

So when you hear "no one could have predicted" from Trump and team about this pandemic, well, now you know.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/17/1928402/-How-the-Obama-administration-tried-to-save-us-from-what-Trump-is-doing-right-now?detail=emaildkre

Echoes of dubya/ head's team ignoring Clinton staff's warning about OBL and terrorism

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How the Obama administration tried to save us from what Trump is doing right now

In January 2017, the Obama administration’s transition team conducted tabletop disaster response activities with Trump's top aides.

One of those tests was eerily prescient—a strain of novel and deadly influenza they called H9N2, origination in Asia and quickly spreading to Europe and then to the U.S.

"Health officials warn that this could become the worst influenza pandemic since 1918," the Obama team told Trump's aides

Those materials show that the "Trump team was told it could face specific challenges,

such as shortages of ventilators, anti-viral drugs and other medical essentials, and

that having a coordinated, unified national response was 'paramount.'"

So when you hear "no one could have predicted" from Trump and team about this pandemic, well, now you know.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/3/17/1928402/-How-the-Obama-administration-tried-to-save-us-from-what-Trump-is-doing-right-now?detail=emaildkre

Echoes of dubya/ head's team ignoring Clinton staff's warning about OBL and terrorism

In other words...we didn't do this for the last 8 years but you might want to think about doing it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet another one falls

Reminds me of a political cartoon I saw with all sorts of religious people huddled around a scientist looking into a microscope saying "SAVE US", with a giant menacing version of the virus in the background.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    80% of ppl in Madrid will get the bug

got some homies there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In other words...we didn't do this for the last 8 years but you might want to think about doing it.
    Nothing in the article suggests that such simulations weren't run under the Obama administration, confirmation-bias-boy.

Right to my point as to GOP- -Trump-Party anti-intellectualism. You people owe us an apology for fostering this in your political ideology.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FL Man de Santis just shut down Spring Break, beaches closed

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Feels like the opposite to me. Feels like it was just yesterday when Italy was telling its people to go hug Chinese tourists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    From Bloomberg

We’re tracking the latest on the coronavirus outbreak and the global response. Sign up here for our daily newsletter on what you need to know.
    Drug trials on coronavirus patients in China yielded mixed results, with an HIV pill showing little benefit and a flu medication made by Fujifilm Holdings Corp. resulting in faster clearance of the virus.

The combination of lopinavir and ritonavir, marketed by AbbVie Inc. as Kaletra, didn’t improve the condition of severe Covid-19 patients or prevent them from dying more than standard care in a randomized, controlled trial of 199 patients. The research was published Wednesday in the New England Journal of Medicine.

A separate study of 80 patients receiving Fujifilm’s favipiravir, or Avigan, found it helped clear the virus from patients a week earlier than the HIV medicine and was associated with improved chest symptoms shown on CT scans.

The favipiravir study, which wasn’t randomized, was conducted in a different group of patients and at a later time point when doctors might have discovered better ways to care for patients, Evercore ISI analyst Umer Raffat said in a note.

The clinical research on favipiravir augers well for another anti-viral, Gilead Sciences Inc.’s experimental drug remdesivir, which is also undergoing clinical trials in China, Tyler Van Buren, an analyst with Piper Sandler said. Results of the remdesivir study are yet to be published.
    “If successful, it could be approved for broad use in the coming months considering it’s safe, the bar for efficacy in the context of the ongoing global pandemic is low,” he said.

Patients in the lopinavir and ritonavir trial were also found to show more gastrointestinal side effects such as vomiting and diarrhea than those not given the drug in the comparison group. Nearly 14% of those taking the drug were unable to finish the 14-day therapy, mostly because of the gastrointestinal disorders.

(Updated with severe patient category in 2nd paragraph and side effects in last paragraph)

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FL Man de Santis just shut down Spring Break, beaches closed
    link?

Thread Information