Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dude is a good (flawed) but far from great player and will most likely never make another all star team barring injuries.
    Bookmarking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DJ's hopes of making another all-star appearance may have been better in SA but, even then, there's too much compe ion in the west. trae will be an all-star and then DJ will have to compete with the likes of demar, lavine, lamelo, jaylen brown, harden, smart, cade cunningham, perhaps kyrie (if he ever plays), holiday and others. i just don't see it but the one thing about DJ is that he never backed down to his critics.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO.

if he makes another one barring a lot of players injuries then that’s a great thing for him. I’m just pointing out that even on the SPURS were he had the highest usage % he ever had in his career, he still had to have a bunch of folks get injured to make the all star team.

i am not saying he isn’t a good player, but I will go on record and state he isn’t a great player. I will not be like a lot of folks on here and bash the guy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Brogdon, VanFleet, Caruso. Any of those guys would’ve been better in hindsight.
    I got destroyed on this board for recommending the Spurs take some version of Middleton, Brogdon and picks which was reportedly available from Milwaukee for neph. It was my preferred destination for him if we were going to trade him. Both would have fit here much better than Demar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not upset at what he said even though I don't think it a mature way for him to handle the situation. I think he was salty and sensitive towards some of the Spur fans remarks towards him. I also believe he is salty that the Spurs didn't believe he is a max player and has that chip on his shoulders where wants to prove them wrong. With that being said I think he's a good player and is a fringe all-star which is a player that can make an all-star game every now and then when someone is hurt but can't do it consistently. We'll see if can elevate his game, but I doubt it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think, given all of his pre-draft red flags, he turned out about as well as could possibly be expected. There were a lot of paths to bad outcomes, and a few to good outcomes, and he found one of those.

When it becomes clear that a player who isn’t a franchise guy wants to go into UFA, that begins the process of trading him. Klutch made it clear that he wouldn’t extend, so if you get to UFA and can’t reach a deal, the good outcome is to get pennies on the dollar. The bad outcome is that he walks for nothing. The Spurs couldn’t afford either of those outcomes, so BW pulled off a heist, and got a great return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Call it immaturity or impulsiveness or whatever, that has always been a weak spot for DJ. I wish him good luck and while SA was not going anywhere in the near term, the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and I will be watching for him tweeting the eyes emoji the first time the Atlanta GM comes out and says something similar to what he said this past season about they should have not run it back and made moves.

I am happy with the return SA got for him and now he is a Hawk so who cares.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LMAO.

if he makes another one barring a lot of players injuries then that’s a great thing for him. I’m just pointing out that even on the SPURS were he had the highest usage % he ever had in his career, he still had to have a bunch of folks get injured to make the all star team.

i am not saying he isn’t a good player, but I will go on record and state he isn’t a great player. I will not be like a lot of folks on here and bash the guy
    no kidding. i mean, go ahead and bookmark it. it's not as if Murray is a perennial all star. , Manu only made two and he's far better than DJ could dream of being. (Note: that's not bashing. I like DJ. It's just an honest take.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray thinks he's better than he is... probably still living off of that one game he had in cleveland years ago on national tv where the announcers kept saying he was friends with lebron lmao

his criticism of the patfo is probably mostly linked to them not licking his boots constantly. dj is kinda dumb and not self aware that way

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if he knows the Hawks haven't won since 1958? Can't wait to see the Backcourt Brick Ballers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    his criticism of the patfo is probably mostly linked to them not licking his boots constantly. dj is kinda dumb and not self aware that way
    Ya he should have been happy with 50 Paddy and Pet Bryn Bryn flanking him on either side for some lock down team D.
    And that hustlin gangsta LMA playin D and movin the ball on O.

What was wrong with Murray?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    murray thinks he's better than he is... probably still living off of that one game he had in cleveland years ago on national tv where the announcers kept saying he was friends with lebron lmao

75% of Spurs fans view… whom also do not actually follow NBA basketball and need illegal steams to watch a Spurs game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clan tha Spurs fan, that u?! Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just let it go, he’s gone. DJ played his ass off and got Pop the record. He’s good in my book

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure his impact really translated into wins, which is the bottom-line. Not super-star worthy, or even star-worthy in that regard.

That said, he improved as a point guard every year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure his impact really translated into wins, which is the bottom-line. Not super-star worthy, or even star-worthy in that regard.

That said, he improved as a point guard every year.
    just look up his winshares

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just look up his winshares
    yep.
    Put anyone next to Pets Bryn n Paddy with drunk Grandpa driving the car and see how many win shares you get.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great players on bad teams are not always great players on great teams. They usually shoot more and get the ball more on a bad team. Murray is a top notch defender. Hiid FG% 46.2 was fourth highest for a PG. His greatest weakness remains the 3. In a three point league it is a big deal. At 32.7% there were 33 PGs including bench players with enough minutes who shot the three better. The only starting PGs for the season that were worse was Alexander from OKC. Teams will force him to shoot outside. He will either be a reall star by making the three or just another good player.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for DJ regardless of his instagram reply. The kid came in the league raw as blew his knee out and got better and better each and every year. Whatever he replied with on instagram was out of frustration, he was a leader and loyal as for the Spurs, and the Spurs made a decision to move on from him, and it was best move for both parties. Regardless of DJs loyalty to the Spurs I am sure if PATFO went up to him and told him they wouldn't offer the max to him DJ the type of person he is would get angry and think the Spurs don't believe in him just like a lot of other people in his life while growing up.

A couple months ago every single Spurs fan adored him because how great he was playing and repping the Spurs in the All Star game. He had the most enjoyable season from a Spurs player since Kawhi's coming out season about 6 years years ago. It just didn't work out on the business side of things, happens.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great players on bad teams are not always great players on great teams. They usually shoot more and get the ball more on a bad team. Murray is a top notch defender. Hiid FG% 46.2 was fourth highest for a PG. His greatest weakness remains the 3. In a three point league it is a big deal. At 32.7% there were 33 PGs including bench players with enough minutes who shot the three better. The only starting PGs for the season that were worse was Alexander from OKC. Teams will force him to shoot outside. He will either be a reall star by making the three or just another good player.
    i agree with most of this post but a big one that I know some are gonna say “I’m crazy” about is the top tier defender tag.

DJ isn’t a top tier defender. Is he good at playing the passing lanes? YES! Is he good at gambling and sometimes getting on ball steals? YES!

is he actually locking down other point guards? No. Is he a versatile defender than can guard all types of guards? No. Can he guard different types of wing players? No.

once again, I’m not saying DJ is a bad player. I think he is good, but I also think a lot of SPURS fans overrated him because he was on our team. DJ is really good at getting steals, but he gambles a lot and isn’t the type of defender who you’re really gonna expect to get stops on good offensive players.

now maybe he will be better at that in Atlanta because he will not be asked to shoulder a bigger (he didn’t when Demar was here also) offensive (I think he is gonna have a good bit of offensive responsibilities though) load or he will have better help defenders so he will not have to gamble as much in Atlanta.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Glad for Murray he got what he wanted and I think the Spurs got what we wanted some marriages don’t work out and better to leave on good terms. One think about Murray I agree he had a hard time staying in front of quick guards but he was a good overall defender and we DEFINITELY going to miss his rebounding

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the insight guys. I was just asking about the city as I simply don't know much about Atlanta not living in the US. Sounds like a city I wouldn't mind checking out if I ever go to the US.

It seems like such an interesting city. I heard about the nightlife, but didn't realize a lot of players, celebrities/affluent people like to live there. That is also very interesting to me that when the Hawks sucked, I do remember players not wanting to go/play there, but if the nightlife and socializing is that good from what you guys are saying, I wouldn't have thought they'd have any trouble at all getting players even when they did suck. I remember watching games when I was younger and they didn't even have much fans in the stadium. Why does LA, Miami, etc. draw players regardless of how bad the team is, but Atlanta doesn't?

I'm going to do a bit of googling as it seems like a super interesting city. Anyone know of any good movies or tv shows set in Atlanta that might give me a bit of glimpse into the city/lifestyle there?
    Yeah can't help you there much. Tons of movies and shows are in Georgia due to extremely favorable tax breaks but those studios are outside Atlanta in the surrounding areas

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol enjoy atlanta uh whatever your name was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah can't help you there much. Tons of movies and shows are in Georgia due to extremely favorable tax breaks but those studios are outside Atlanta in the surrounding areas
    I know dudes and women who have co-written some of those films done on a budget and they got 3 weeks.
    Like holy guys.

I know it's crap, but you barely got $200 bucks!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know dudes and women who have co-written some of those films done on a budget and they got 3 weeks.
    Like holy guys.

I know it's crap, but you barely got $200 bucks!
    All good, thanks guys. You've already given me a good bit of insight into ATL.

Thread Information