Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bubbas' country (as promoted by the gun industry): all teachers should open-carry and have full body armor in classrooms.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    SO now random teachers will be carrying guns that their students don't know that they have.

It's a school and they are teachers not guards. That's what is wrong with it.
    And they have a choice as to act or not as well.

I see you completely lack common sense.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    bubbas' country (as promoted by the gun industry): all teachers should open-carry and have full body armor in classrooms.
    no.

I am really curious how you can be so stupid, as to extrapolate that from my words?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

common sense

So whats your employers policy towards you bringing a gun into work?

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    common sense

So whats your employers policy towards you bringing a gun into work?
    They don't allow it, and that is their right.

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    i don't see no problem with teachers carrying guns to school as long as they keep their guns out of students' reach, assuming that teachers are all mentally healthy and are responsible for their behaviors. one or two cops at school ain't gonna be enough deterrents when the criminal is poised to expend his own life

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no.

I am really curious how you can be so stupid, as to extrapolate that from my words?
    you're not curious about anything outside of your close-minded, benighted blind ideology.

Any teacher having a gun in a classroom safely (locked up) and not wearing body armor is a sitting duck for a surprise attack by body-armored, semi-automatic, high capacity attacker.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    you're not curious about anything outside of your close-minded, benighted blind ideology.

Any teacher having a gun in a classroom safely (locked up) and not wearing body armor is a sitting duck for a surprise attack by body-armored, semi-automatic, high capacity attacker.
    And they aren't a sitting duck unarmed?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And they aren't a sitting duck unarmed?
    Of course they are. So arming every teacher is nothing about child safety and all about, as always with you gun fetishists, enriching the arms industry.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    lol

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Common sense would dictate that you examine what the teachers think about this idea.

I believe you will be disappointed.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some quote from a mother of "collateral damage" of less gun fetishists and the corporate guns-and-ammo industry. the less gun fetishists suckered into "believing" that unregulated guns for everyone everywhere is a pure and principled 2nd Amendment argument when the FF's had nothing like in their "originalism".

He already knew how to read; he had a vocabulary well beyond his years, using words like “DNA” and “dynamic.”

“He excelled academically,” says Danielle. “His teachers said he was really, really, smart.”

He was on a constant path of discovery. “It was always, ‘How does this work? Why does this happen?’ He wanted to understand cause and effect,” says Veronique.

Noah also wondered about God, asking his mother, “If God exists then who created God?” He wanted to know what happens after death. “I would always tell him, ‘You are not going to die until you are a very old man, Noah.’ He was afraid of death, I know he was. He feared the unknown,” Veronique says. “Sometimes I wonder whether he had some foretelling, some prescience about it. Of course I will never know for sure, maybe it was just the random fears of a child.”

For hours, she sat in the firehouse, waiting. Her stomach clenched; she vomited in the bathroom. When she came out there was pizza and donuts, but she couldn’t eat.

Soon, nuns, priests, ministers and a rabbi arrived. “When I saw all those clergy people I knew in my gut of guts and my heart of hearts that they were dead,” she recalls. “I knew there was absolutely no way they would dispatch this multi-denominational fan of clergy people were it not the case that the news would be absolutely catastrophic.”

Finally, an official announcement was made: 20 child fatalities. “That is when, for me, my whole world shifted on its axis,” she says. “It was like you are sitting in a room, and everything, including you, is turned upside down and you are sitting on the ceiling instead of the floor. You have this surreal sense of void, like all the air has been sucked out of the room.” Veronique wanted to place a blanket on Noah. “They told us, ‘No, it is a crime scene.’ They would not let us go.

Read more: http://forward.com/articles/168277/n...#ixzz2GMR2Bt1Q

Watering the tree of corporate profits with the blood of children.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-28-2012 at 10:40 AM.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Of course they are. So arming every teacher is nothing about child safety and all about, as always with you gun fetishists, enriching the arms industry.
    You should conceal your blinders better.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Common sense would dictate that you examine what the teachers think about this idea.

I believe you will be disappointed.
    Are you saying that no teacher wants to carry, or that no teacher has a conceal carry permit?

I don't see your point since facts make statistics but statistics do not make facts.

Please tell me that isn't your angle...

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I would suggest you read my post again. I'm being quite clear.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I would suggest you read my post again. I'm being quite clear.
    OK, I'll admit. I made an unfounded assumption.

If you mean that a consensus should be taken, I disagree.

Again, "Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I mean: Ask the teachers what they think about this issue. Get their thoughts before we craft an initiative and ram it through via knee jerk mechanics.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    I mean: Ask the teachers what they think about this issue. Get their thoughts before we craft an initiative and ram it through via knee jerk mechanics.
    We definitely see this differently. I do not see it as "ramming" anything by simply lifting the restriction that prevents teachers from exercising the rights and privileges of have the conceal carry permit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    hyperbole. You don't even deny your attempted framingof my views.

More assertions inserted for facts too.

And now he could have done the same thing with a .38 as he did with an AR-15.....

You are being really, really boring. I just picture you stamping your feet as you type, wrist.
    I am sure that's how you picture things, where you are destroying the field in forums and the other guy is saying "curses... foiled again!" but the reality is that you're dodging issues I've called you out on, won't even touch them even though originally they were your main talking points.

For example: talk about how there have been no mass shootings in Australia since 1996.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/27/us/uta...iref=allsearch

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take it a step further and let the honor roll students also carry concealed weapons.

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    Take it a step further and let the honor roll students also carry concealed weapons.
    Do you think they would qualify for a state issued conceal carry permit?

Wow...

Just wow...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's brilliant! All the potential dropout/gangbangers would have an incentive to make good grades!

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think they would qualify for a state issued conceal carry permit?

Wow...

Just wow...
    zoom

My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    That's brilliant! All the potential dropout/gangbangers would have an incentive to make good grades!
    LOL...

Come to think of it, I like the idea...

Thread Information