Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea how US taxes work, but there are serious points made about Texas having much lower taxes than California does. Can someone count the diffrence ? 207/5 in California, how much money is really earned, and how this corelate to amount made in Texas ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no idea how US taxes work, but there are serious points made about Texas having much lower taxes than California does. Can someone count the diffrence ? 207/5 in California, how much money is really earned, and how this corelate to amount made in Texas ?
    Colin cowherd kinda breaks it down in the video above. If what he says is accurate, this could get interesting

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California has a personal income tax, Texas does not. Paul would fall into the highest bracket, so he's paying 13.3% personal income tax to the state of California.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is gonna be paid and if he walks out of that big payout and out of Los Angeles, then great. It willnsurely depend on where his priorities are right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    California has a personal income tax, Texas does not. Paul would fall into the highest bracket, so he's paying 13.3% personal income tax to the state of California.
    I think I read somewhere that it's based on how many games he actually plays in California.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think I read somewhere that it's based on how many games he actually plays in California.
    Or not. They do get some kid of credit if they play games in other states with income tax. And also seems to depend on where they live.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have people not watched CP3 P&R us to death over the last 3 years? You have to try and get him if both sides have mutual interest. Some people are really worried about losing Gasol and Green with his 7ppg on terrible efficiency and declining defense? Incredible.

CP3 and Kawhi being our floor generals will completely remove LMA postups out of the offense as well. Aldridge can get his shots from mid range wide open or cutting to the rim.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It is. He plays 47 games in California per season while he would play 45 games in Texas. He is taxed per game, and the taxes vary on where the game is played. New York also has high taxes while Florida also has none.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutchfans re s think this is CP3 using leverage to get the 5 year max from the Clippers... because according to this logic, he wouldn't get it if he didn't threaten the Clippers by leaving. LOGIC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you people learn nothing fro the Aldrige signing?
    No.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutchfans re s think this is CP3 using leverage to get the 5 year max from the Clippers... because according to this logic, he wouldn't get it if he didn't threaten the Clippers by leaving. LOGIC.
    Cuckfans posters don't realize CP3 is 9-10 tiers above Chris Bosh, who NEEDED to use the Rockets as leverage.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Better logic than thinking the Spurs are going hot and heavy after a player who's had durability issues and will be edging out of his prime in the two years. Not to mention, Parker will still be on the roster and Murray's development will be put on hold for the next 4 years. Also, CP3 hasn't even opened his mouth and rightfully so. It would be pretty egregious to walk away from another 20M to go to a team that's no closer to winning a championship than the team he's currently playing for. The roster gutting that would have to take place to make this a reality is almost unthinkable. The media likes to talk though and they know they can count on internet clicks from Spurstalk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have people not watched CP3 P&R us to death over the last 3 years? You have to try and get him if both sides have mutual interest. Some people are really worried about losing Gasol and Green with his 7ppg on terrible efficiency and declining defense? Incredible.

CP3 and Kawhi being our floor generals will completely remove LMA postups out of the offense as well. Aldridge can get his shots from mid range wide open or cutting to the rim.
    Exactly..People are forgetting this point..Getting CP take out the Clippers threat to the Spurs-- their worst match-up in the last 3 years-- just in the same fashion Warriors erased OKC out of contention by recruiting their best player ..

Warriors-Spurs would essentially be a WCF mortal lock before the start of the season.-- and likely the real Finals

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're being a re . I have been calling for the team to dump Aldridge since early in the Houston series. You keep bringing up Golden State even though I keep saying the guy is a because he couldn't even score on the Rockets and their horrible defense. A bigman who can't ing postup James Harden.

And you keep making these strawman arguments. No one expects Aldridge to carry the team. They expect him to be a reliable second option, and he isn't.
    No i dont. You're making up an argument again.

I said dropping pau and tony would go a long way, but was hard to see the team doing tony like that. Trading Aldridge for a player like randle was my way of saying as long as they get someone paul can run with, would work out decent. Anyone spurs drop Aldridge off with would likely take a pick and maybe another player as well.

In terms of dropping Aldridge, who you get back is the issue. What legitimate bigs are up for grabs this summer?

Hard to imagine replacing a key cog. Replacing tony and pau, doesn't seem as difficult to get paul. Was the original take.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't imagine anyone taking Livio Jean-Charles. Dedmon will opt out but I doubt Lee does after his injury. I could see someone taking Anderson and $2 million, but you dump Forbes and you're only saving maybe $350,000 capspace since you'll get hit with a cap hold for an empty roster spot under 12. If you can dump Anderson and Gasol together but Lee opts in and Dedmon opts out you're still $2.5 million over the cap if you offer Paul something like $32 million starting after factoring in cap holds for empty roster spots under 12. You dump Forbes and you're around $2 million or so over.
    Can't trade LJC's salary, he was waived.

Waiving Forbes would save 497k, the difference between his salary and the roster charge.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Exactly..People are forgetting this point..Getting CP take out the Clippers threat to the Spurs-- their worst match-up in the last 3 years-- just in the same fashion Warriors erased OKC out of contention by recruiting their best player ..

Warriors-Spurs would essentially be a WCF mortal lock before the start of the season.-- and likely the real Finals

Yes, by essentially eliminating the compe ion. Spurs would still get a mortal beat down by the Warriors. Rather have Westbrook.
    Last edited by Hoops Czar; 05-26-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better logic than thinking the Spurs are going hot and heavy after a player who's had durability issues and will be edging out of his prime in the two years. Not to mention, Parker will still be on the roster and Murray's development will be put on hold for the next 4 years. Also, CP3 hasn't even opened his mouth and rightfully so. It would be pretty egregious to walk away from another 20M to go to a team that's no closer to winning a championship than the team he's currently playing for. The roster gutting that would have to take place to make this a reality is almost unthinkable. The media likes to talk though and they know they can count on internet clicks from Spurstalk.
    Why would CP3 open his mouth?? And what would you'd expect him to say?

Everybody is jumping on Zach Lowe story because it's most recent..but Woj said this would happen even before the season started in October...which means Spurs probably have a good plan to execute this..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fap fap fap

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought the Spurs would have enough if they salary dumped Gasol, Jean-Charles, Forbes & possibly Kyle Anderson. Renounced all their free agents, and Dedmon & Lee don't opt in. Maybe I have the starting salary for Chris off.
    Depends on the starting salary for Paul.

If they dump Pau, stretch Parker, dump Kyle, waive Forbes, and Lee and Dedmon opt out, and they renounce Manu, Lee, Dedmon, Joel Anthony ...

And they keep their 1st this year AND bring over Milutinov ...

After roster charges they can get to a 32.982 starting salary.

If Milutinov agrees to not come over, that saves 650k vs roster charge. Dumping their 2017 1st or getting another stash guys saves 489k. Then the starting salary would be 34.121

This all depends on my math being right and all reported salaries being accurate. LMA had incentives both likely and unlikely, and it's hard to know how that affects his number.

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how they figure it for out of state players (like when the Spurs visit). As a California native with his primary residence there, he gets to pay it on his full salary. I do believe he gets a reduction for taxes paid for other games in other states with a local income tax, but that's trivial compared to his entire salary (and keep in mind, any endorsement deals he's getting are also getting taxed at that 13.3% rate there too).

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Why would CP3 open his mouth?? And what would you'd expect him to say?

Everybody is jumping on Zach Lowe story because it's most recent..but Woj said this would happen even before the season started in October...which means Spurs probably have a good plan to execute this..

The Clippers were a dysfunctional hot mess before the season. There were also reports mid season that said CP3 has a secret agreement with the Clippers on a 5 year extension. The Spurs have made two major splashes via trades/free agency over the last 8 years and they've both been epic disasters. If the Spurs didn't have Parker on the roster or they didn't draft Murray, it would make more sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A guy, who's been injury prone throughout his entire career, is going to be asked to come in and play harder defense, game after game, than he ever has in his entire career, and he's supposed to start doing this at age 32?

You might as well ask him to do the Pamchenko.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Depends on the starting salary for Paul.

If they dump Pau, stretch Parker, dump Kyle, waive Forbes, and Lee and Dedmon opt out, and they renounce Manu, Lee, Dedmon, Joel Anthony ...

And they keep their 1st this year AND bring over Milutinov ...

After roster charges they can get to a 32.982 starting salary.

If Milutinov agrees to not come over, that saves 650k vs roster charge. Dumping their 2017 1st or getting another stash guys saves 489k. Then the starting salary would be 34.121

This all depends on my math being right and all reported salaries being accurate. LMA had incentives both likely and unlikely, and it's hard to know how that affects his number.
    Is that all?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, that's also including the qualifying offer for Simmons. If they renounce Simmons, they can get to 34.977

Then the roster would be

Paul-Murray
    Green
    Kawhi
    LMA
    Bertans

+ Room exception + minimum guys. (Hanga?,. Bringing back Lee, bringing back Forbes on a full guarantee, Splitter? Etc)

I wouldn't go further than the 32.982 number which gives the Spurs matching rights on Simmons plus a first rounder plus Milutinov. Keep Anderson and you are at 31.646

Paul - Murray
    Green - Simmons
    Kawhi - Anderson
    LMA - Bertans
    Milutinov. -. 2017 1st rounder?

Plus room exception and minimums

For that same 31.646 you could probably get Hill/Holiday and a big who is near the MLE, maybe even keep Dedmon.

Thread Information