Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But god forbid they learn about the existence of gays or Jim Crow. That can't be allowed to happen.

Firearms became the leading cause of death for American children and teenagers in 2020, according to researchers who analyzed Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) data.

This sad fact represents a major shift in risks for young people in the U.S. For over 60 years, car accidents were the leading cause of death for kids and teens. Car accidents are now number two, while drug overdoses are number three
    .https://time.com/6170864/cause-of-death-children-guns/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Names and faces

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    It's true.

I am an European liberal. I do not lie or play games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Health care should be issue taken by Republicans. Doesn't make sense that conservatives don't support the mental health of its people.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's true.

I am an European liberal. I do not lie or play games.
    There are no liberals in Poland.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    There are no liberals in Poland.
    I am liberal Polak. Born in Skarzysko raised in California.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    This in' broad here, Prox, this Kayyem woman. She's a bagman for the boy's downtown and always has been.

She needs the same 12 incher that Blake needs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am as disgusted by this almost inconceivable violence against these kids as anyone. I will never understand what drives these people to do such disgusting things.

At the same time, what laws do you guys propose that will prevent these in the future.

Please be specific.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am as disgusted by this almost inconceivable violence against these kids as anyone. I will never understand what drives these people to do such disgusting things.

At the same time, what laws do you guys propose that will prevent these in the future.

Please be specific.
    You can’t prevent them all but there are many things you could do to at least lower the number of those killed. For example, an assault rifle ban, given that these kinds of mass murders are virtually always done with assault rifles (or semi automatic long guns, whatever you want to call them).

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Please be specific.
    Turn your gun in 1PM tomorrow

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Please be specific.
    You’ll never prevent drunk drivers either, so why bother having a law against that, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can’t prevent them all but there are many things you could do to at least lower the number of those killed. For example, an assault rifle ban, given that these kinds of mass murders are virtually always done with assault rifles (or semi automatic long guns, whatever you want to call them).
    Isn't that horse already out of the barn? there are millions on the street already. That doesn't count all the double stack pistols out there.

Do you make possession a misdemeanor? Felony? Capital punishment? How many new prisons do we need to build?

these shooters are already breaking laws that allow capital punishment. If this shooter yesterday was alive and being charged he would face at least 25 capital punishment charges in Texas.

These are serious questions.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’ll never prevent drunk drivers either, so why bother having a law against that, right?
    Laws are designed to punish law breakers. If possible punishment was really a deterrent to crime we wouldn't have any crime. Murder is already illegal but it doesn't stop them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If possible punishment was really a deterrent to crime we wouldn't have any crime.
    This is profoundly stupid bull . It makes me question the quality of our education system that someone here could even think it. Just because a law doesn’t deter 100% of crime, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deter a significant amount of crime effectively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is profoundly stupid bull . It makes me question the quality of our education system that someone here could even think it. Just because a law doesn’t deter 100% of crime, doesn’t mean it doesn’t deter a significant amount of crime effectively.
    Why don't you have an honest discussion instead of trying to insult me. Be specific? What new laws do you propose that will prevent school shootings?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is an undeniable percentage of the population that commits crimes despite laws being against it. I am not against laws. I am asking how you prevent that percentage from committing school shootings.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support the right to own a firearm however I do believe the minimum age to purchase one should be increased. I don’t see why an 18 year old should be able to purchase an AR 15 when handguns aren’t allowed until 21. I’d even go so far as to say 25 is a good starting point for gun ownership. I would imagine a lot of mentally ill people show their cards before 25.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I support the right to own a firearm however I do believe the minimum age to purchase one should be increased. I don’t see why an 18 year old should be able to purchase an AR 15 when handguns aren’t allowed until 21. I’d even go so far as to say 25 is a good starting point for gun ownership. I would imagine a lot of mentally ill people show their cards before 25.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Isn't that horse already out of the barn? there are millions on the street already. That doesn't count all the double stack pistols out there.

Do you make possession a misdemeanor? Felony? Capital punishment? How many new prisons do we need to build?

these shooters are already breaking laws that allow capital punishment. If this shooter yesterday was alive and being charged he would face at least 25 capital punishment charges in Texas.

These are serious questions.
    No, you’re right, we should just do nothing, it’s worked great so far! Conservatives are killing it in this thread (no pun intended).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you can prevent 100% of all future shootings, then you might as well do nothing!

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    And honestly, considering the alternative, “Moar Gunz” is the best of the terrible options. Armed officers at every school entrance in this country is more palatable than what happened yesterday. Of course that plan will backfire horribly, but it’s still better than nothing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And honestly, considering the alternative, “Moar Gunz” is the best of the terrible options. Armed officers at every school entrance in this country is more palatable than what happened yesterday. Of course that plan will backfire horribly, but it’s still better than nothing.
    I'm OK with this. it is at least a rational propoal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unless you can prevent 100% of all future shootings, then you might as well do nothing!
    Again, just attacking and not offering a reasonable proposal.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'm OK with this. it is at least a rational propoal.
    lol it’s a re ed proposal that will result in a whole other set of problems (can’t wait for that “i feared for my life” security officer killing a group of black high schoolers), but it’s better than nothing.

Thread Information