Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh, putting BLM on the courts and letting players take a knee isn't really bending over. They did vow to donate $300 million over 10 years to black communities but that isn't BLM.

If the players chose not to play, then what can the NBA really do? Trying to compel them to play would lead to a backlash. The playoffs are in jeopardy but it has to be their decision as to whether they play or not. I think the majority of fans will be disappointed but understand.
    What can they do? You think this is free? Owners don't own teams to reform Social Justice. They care about making money.. We are headed for a long lock out.. You have any idea how much ad revenue gets flushed down the toilet if the players bail? Trust me that is what the owners care about.. And fans want Basketball.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but he was there with a gun he owned illegally. If you crash without a license that certainly changes the dynamics of the case, does it not? For some reason you're ignoring the fact that he shouldn't have been there. As I've said before, two wrongs don't make a right. But this kid went above property damage, he killed two people, people that he went looking for.
    I'm not ignoring it... I've said over and over that he was there with an illegal firearm and thatll ultimately be found guilty of that.

You are though when you say he 'killed people he went looking for'...you don't know that you just want it to be that way.... facts are stubborn and he was retreating when he shot people...two physically attacked him...one pointed a gun at him.... this isnt even close to what you assert

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, why are all the fat pussy kid defenders skirting around the fact that he was brandishing a firearm that he had illegally?
    Not to defend the shooter because I don't know enough facts to know if it was homicide or self defense at this point, but I think there were a lot of laws being broken that night but it appears some people only care about the ones that support their agenda.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We care about the ones that don't end up with people leaving with holes in their head.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but he was there with a gun he owned illegally. If you crash without a license that certainly changes the dynamics of the case, does it not? For some reason you're ignoring the fact that he shouldn't have been there. As I've said before, two wrongs don't make a right. But this kid went above property damage, he killed two people, people that he went looking for.
    I agree with you that the kid shouldn't have been there with a gun, regardless if it was legally obtained or not. But I also think the protesters and rioters shouldn't have been there either. I think there was a curfew that they all violated and certainly they shouldn't have been there looting and burning businesses that had no involvement whatsoever with the police shooting, which in and of itself may have been justified under the cir stances (kind of need to wait for the evidence to come out before rushing to judgment).

I don't know that the 17 year old was a cold blooded murderer. He might have been. Or maybe he was a 17 year old that was emotional and caught up in the moment and felt threatened. I don't know. But inexperienced kids with guns should not be policing the streets. The governor should have called in the feds, but he didn't want to hand Trump a photo op, so instead he allowed this dangerous situation from all parties, including the rioters, to happen. He has as much blood on his hands as anyone.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I knew they wouldn't cancel the playoffs. Too much money at stake.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We care about the ones that don't end up with people leaving with holes in their head.
    Do you care about the ones where innocent people have their places of businesses robbed and burned to the ground and lose their jobs when they had nothing to do with the incident?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This isn't the politics forum though. If your done with the NBA, then be done with it tbh.
    Nah, I'll continue to of the groupthink league that pretends to champion diversity.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL this little was a high school dropout with no future, no wonder he was so pissed to grab his rifle and stir up in another community.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the group think last night that concluded it's okay to break gun laws and bravely fire into crowds if you're going to a BLM protest?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you care about the ones where innocent people have their places of businesses robbed and burned to the ground and lose their jobs when they had nothing to do with the incident?
    Is that what the men who died were doing when they lost their lives, or are you just glossing over killing people?

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to defend the shooter because I don't know enough facts to know if it was homicide or self defense at this point, but I think there were a lot of laws being broken that night but it appears some people only care about the ones that support their agenda.
    Well some people are focused on the main issue of self defense and others that have a history of demonizing white kids for smirking are trying to hate him for any reason possible.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree with you that the kid shouldn't have been there with a gun, regardless if it was legally obtained or not. But I also think the protesters and rioters shouldn't have been there either. I think there was a curfew that they all violated and certainly they shouldn't have been there looting and burning businesses that had no involvement whatsoever with the police shooting, which in and of itself may have been justified under the cir stances (kind of need to wait for the evidence to come out before rushing to judgment).

I don't know that the 17 year old was a cold blooded murderer. He might have been. Or maybe he was a 17 year old that was emotional and caught up in the moment and felt threatened. I don't know. But inexperienced kids with guns should not be policing the streets. The governor should have called in the feds, but he didn't want to hand Trump a photo op, so instead he allowed this dangerous situation from all parties, including the rioters, to happen. He has as much blood on his hands as anyone.
    Those same feds who were kidnapping protesters and escalating in Portland? No thanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well some people are focused on the main issue of self defense and others that have a history of demonizing white kids for smirking are trying to hate him for any reason possible.
    He broke gun laws and it led to deaths. If it was a BLM protester holding the weapon with MAGATs who had the holes in their heads you would be crying for justice you disingenuous prick. Also, this is an NBA forum. GTFO already.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like the group think last night that concluded it's okay to break gun laws and bravely fire into crowds if you're going to a BLM protest?
    I'm not sure if this a disingenuous way to frame self defense or a different issue entirely.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is that what the men who died were doing when they lost their lives, or are you just glossing over killing people?
    I don't know what they were doing. That's why I'm not jumping to conclusions about whether it was homicide or self defense. I do know that none of them were supposed to be there per the law. I do know that businesses were being burned and looted and you seem to gloss over that very important fact. I don't know if the shootings were justified or not, but I do know that the looting and burning of buildings were not justified. Can we agree on that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Destroying property and breaking laws to try and stop police murders: Bad, bad, bad. Always bad.

Breaking gun laws and murdering people to protect property: Good. Patriot. MAGA!

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know what they were doing. That's why I'm not jumping to conclusions about whether it was homicide or self defense. I do know that none of them were supposed to be there per the law. I do know that businesses were being burned and looted and you seem to gloss over that very important fact. I don't know if the shootings were justified or not, but I do know that the looting and burning of buildings were not justified. Can we agree on that?
    There is video of everyone that died trying to attack this kid tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can we agree that destroying property to end police murders =/= Murdering people to protect property?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Those same feds who were kidnapping protesters and escalating in Portland? No thanks.
    The governor declined the national guard help. So it's not the same thing. And the kidnapping in Portland didn't lead to people dying so there's that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, if this kid was an illegal from Mexico you all would call for a swift bullet in the head, ship his corpse to Mexico in a MAGA hat, then scream "law and order, build the wall".

But since he loves Trump and licks cop boots, it's totally okay to break gun laws and kill fellow Americans in the name of protecting property.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He broke gun laws and it led to deaths. If it was a BLM protester holding the weapon with MAGATs who had the holes in their heads you would be crying for justice you disingenuous prick. Also, this is an NBA forum. GTFO already.
    If maga people were attacking a BLM rioter with a gun he'd have the same rights to self defense as this guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Destroying property and breaking laws to try and stop police murders: Bad, bad, bad. Always bad.

Breaking gun laws and murdering people to protect property: Good. Patriot. MAGA!
    Except I never said that. If he murdered the people then he should be prosecuted. I just don't have enough facts. And neither do you. I do know that some crimes for sure were committed and on the ones that might have been committed, I withhold judgment. But I agree that regardless of whether or not it was self defense, the kid should not have been there trying to police the mob. He wasn't trained for that and he had no right to be there policing what was going on.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If maga people were attacking a BLM rioter with a gun he'd have the same rights to self defense as this guy.
    And yet all your disingenuous ass would muster is that he "shouldn't have been rioting". You wouldn't be calling for the dropping of charges or staying up all night defending said BLM protester.

No one is buying your BS.

Done with the NBA
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The kid actually showed remarkable composure when defending himself against his attackers.

Thread Information