My Team
    Portland Trailblazers
    Post Count
    How does he compare to Neal?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've only watched him play few games but I think he is much better ball handler.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He doesn't, beyond their comparable size and athletic traits. Neal is vastly superior as a shooter and scorer, whereas De Colo is vastly superior as a ballhandler and distributor. Both are generously considered 'combo' guards, but the reality is that De Colo is as much a liability playing the 2 as Neal is playing the point. Having both on the court at the same time would be an ugly sight defensively.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not the same type of player. Neal is a shooter, De Colo plays more athletics basket. He can shoot, can drive to basket, draw some contact. His ballhandling skills looked really good.

Valencia used him as their closer, and prime weapon at iso situations during ACB semifinals. He seemed solid at doing it. Made some buckets. Valencia lost deciding game because of 3 stupid decisions made by his teammate. When De Colo had ball, Valencia was effecient on offense.

Cant say anything specific about his defens. He`s not a road pole, I am sure of this.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd rather have De Colo here than Neal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This series is really emphasizing the importance of back up ball handler/point guard, no more turning 2 guards into PGs. Neal is ok when Manu is out there with hiim, but there are times when that isn't available, and the Spurs offense goes downhill in this series.

I'll take a slow ball handler over a slow shooter (both aren't great defensively) for the back up PG spot. I don't have a problem with Neal on the roster, just Pop has to stick with him at the SG spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take a slow ball handler over a slow shooter (both aren't great defensively) for the back up PG spot. I don't have a problem with Neal on the roster, just Pop has to stick with him at the SG spot.
    "slow ball handler" isn't really a good definition for De Colo. While it's true he hasn't a quick first step or good lateral mobility, he isn't a slow player. He is a player that fasten the game.

De Colo is too a great shooter. His 3P% might not be great but that's mainly because he take complicated 3 point shots in Europe where he is often the central point of the offense. A good stat to show what kind of shooter he is are his FT%.
    Over 3 years in Spain, he has played 155 games in Spanish league and European compe ions. In these 155 games, he is 378/422 from the line. It's a 89.6% FT%. You can't do that without being a heck of a shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well with Neal sucking in this last game and him not being on the flight to OK I can see us trading him real quick this summer. All I hope is De Colo a player who plays better in crunch time or is he like Bonner who turns into Butter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Bonner is that he never worked on anything other than his 3 pt shot (and he doesn't even do that well). He should have learned to take advantage of that skill by working on a decent pump fake drive move and/or post game around the basket.

Green could evolve to the next level as well if he incorporates a pump fake/drive to the basket. You have to be able to drive and finish at the basket when your shot isn't falling or you will be useless out there.

---

Yeah and Bruno didn't really mean De Colo was slow just speed isn't one of his listed skill sets, same for Neal, and for the back up PG spot (even if it is a combo guard) you need to be able to handle the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This series is really emphasizing the importance of back up ball handler/point guard, no more turning 2 guards into PGs. Neal is ok when Manu is out there with hiim, but there are times when that isn't available, and the Spurs offense goes downhill in this series.

This series is also emphasizing the Spurs need for a decent, young post player, with size, skill and athleticism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This series is also emphasizing the Spurs need for a decent, young post player, with size, skill and athleticism.
    when the spurs draft in the lottery maybe you will see one these type players playing in a spurs uni..not until then

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Timmy and Manu are gone then will get that young guy until then just sign Lobrek and De Colo and call that your draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boris didnt help his case in the last games of the series. I wouldn't be surprised if Spurs were once in the plan of trying to sign both, but now shifted to an either or approach. For the record I like Diaw, but his aggression in games 1&2 versus the rest of the series was noticeable. I'm not sure if that is all on him, or on Pop not using him to attack more.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could mean that Spurs don't bring in Lorbek, which would have some logic.
    MLE will likely be used for Diaw and LLE likely won't be enough for Lorbek, but enough for DE Colo. after re signing Diaw an acquisition of Lorbek is no longer a major need anyway.

btw. I don't care about the possible back court rotation at this point. Spurs should just stockplie talent and then figuere out whatever works best. if DeColo pushes Neal out of the rotation...so be it. Neal makes 850K next season, so even if he ends up as a 3rd stringer behind De colo next year, he just makes the money any other 3rd stringer would make either.
    Forget Diaw he doesn't do anything we need which is defend and hit open shots. SIGN LOBREK

YOU JUST GOT THE BUISNESS SamoanTD's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would sign him trade Neal and Lorbek for a better pick in the draft honestly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget that go with trading Neal+Blair and then maybe trade Bonner since he has only one year left on his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Canal NBA ‏@Canal_NBA

Rdv ce soir à 20h45 pour un retour très complet sur le match 1 ! Aux côtés de @VinceRadureau et @JMonclar, Nando De Colo et Mike Gelabale

Appointment tonight at 8:45 p.m. for a comprehensive return on a game! Alongside @ @ VinceRadureau and JMonclar, Nando De Colo and Mike Gelabale

--

I wonder if the Spurs will come up

--

Valencia VP: De Colo determined to play in the NBA

De Colo's current team's (Valencia) Vice President, Paco Raga, spoke on whether or not De Colo will be heading to the NBA (via TuBasket.com) and stated he thinks De Colo is NBA bound.

I think he is going to the NBA. We will make an offer for him to stay but everything has a limit but I think he is determined to go to the NBA and there's nothing we can do.

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-art...n-the-nba.html
    Last edited by ace3g; 06-14-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for sure:

PG: Parker/ De Colo
    SG: Manu/De Colo
    SF: Kawhi
    PF:
    C: Duncan

The other players are on the trading block or should I say some of them Better be on the block:

Neal - Great offense with terrible defense but still with generate interest
    Blair - Can produce if given minutes is cheap and teams need to get under the cap
    Green - I want him back just as long as we don't break the bank
    Diaw - Their was not argument until the playoffs now I am liking Lobrek a lot more.
    Splitter - Like him but after Pop when postal on him on national T.V I don't know what happens...Pop was as ass for doing that.
    Bonner - GET THE FCK OUT!

Trades:

I like were we trade SJ to the Honrets for Okafor and and maybe Xavier Henry plus their 10 rd draft. We could even throw in our first rounder next year as long as it is protected top ten. We then draft SG Terrence Ross 6'7 or Myers Leondard 7'1

Then look at trading Neal and Blair for late first rounder or early second rounds.

Then look at trading Bonner he pretty much wil be for a team looking to shed contract next year that shoud give us at least a high scond round pickin 2013.

Then sign Lobrke and De Colo.

Done take out Cigar and smoke em if ya got em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So for sure:

PG: Parker/ De Colo
    SG: Manu/De Colo
    SF: Kawhi
    PF:
    C: Duncan

The other players are on the trading block or should I say some of them Better be on the block:

Neal - Great offense with terrible defense but still with generate interest
    Blair - Can produce if given minutes is cheap and teams need to get under the cap
    Green - I want him back just as long as we don't break the bank
    Diaw - Their was not argument until the playoffs now I am liking Lobrek a lot more.
    Splitter - Like him but after Pop when postal on him on national T.V I don't know what happens...Pop was as ass for doing that.
    Bonner - GET THE FCK OUT!

Trades:

I like were we trade SJ to the Honrets for Okafor and and maybe Xavier Henry plus their 10 rd draft. We could even throw in our first rounder next year as long as it is protected top ten. We then draft SG Terrence Ross 6'7 or Myers Leondard 7'1

Then look at trading Neal and Blair for late first rounder or early second rounds.

Then look at trading Bonner he pretty much wil be for a team looking to shed contract next year that shoud give us at least a high scond round pickin 2013.

Then sign Lobrke and De Colo.

Done take out Cigar and smoke em if ya got em.

There are NO 10 rd draft. Also, SJax will not bring Okafor and #10 pick much less adding in Henry. Trading for #10 pick and Okafor would cost SJ and Splitter at minumum. I do hope you know that trades have to match in money for us.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ok trade SJ and Bonner for Okafor and their 10th pick does that work for ya?
    Last edited by BackHome; 06-16-2012 at 06:13 PM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope De Colo would take the place of Neal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I watched a video of him and, wow, his passing is damn amazing.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope De Colo would take the place of Neal.
    He'll take Mills spot on the roster next season.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    There are NO 10 rd draft. Also, SJax will not bring Okafor and #10 pick much less adding in Henry. Trading for #10 pick and Okafor would cost SJ and Splitter at minumum. I do hope you know that trades have to match in money for us.

Okafor has over $25M in salary due the next two seasons. Eating that, and only sending ending deals might just pull you that #10 pick.

I think N.O. is trying to avoid the scenario that OKC is facing where Harden and Ibaka were picked in the same draft, they've already paid a couple of other players, and they now essentially have to choose one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NOLA has made it clear that they don't want to simply dump Okafor with the 10th pick. They want more than that.

Even though Okafor massively overpaid, he is still the only starting material Center NOLA has right now. So i don't think they're that desperate to move him.

They could simply draft Davis and Lillard with their picks and keep Okafor.

Thread Information