Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The Kraken. ‏@DeShonElliott_4
    My commitment coming soon.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Will choose between us and aggy. Crystal ball trending towards Texas. Worth noting aggy already has 2 safeties committed.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deshon-Elliott-36367

Rockwall S Deshon Elliott plans to make his decision in mid-spring and mentioned it would be tough for anyone to beat the Horns following his Jr. Day visit.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting OL Conner Dyer of Mesquite Horn may be in town this weekend for the second Junior Day. He's trying to work things out with the staff right now, so we should know by today or tomorrow if he's coming in. Definitely an offer candidate.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting OL Conner Dyer of Mesquite Horn may be in town this weekend for the second Junior Day. He's trying to work things out with the staff right now, so we should know by today or tomorrow if he's coming in. Definitely an offer candidate.
    Had no interest in Texas before Wickline arrived.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Will choose between us and aggy. Crystal ball trending towards Texas. Worth noting aggy already has 2 safeties committed.

http://247sports.com/Player/Deshon-Elliott-36367
    @ DeShonElliott_4: Tune in Thursday to here me live on the Arkansas Radio Station! 93.3 the source!

24/7's Crystal Ball has him at 91% Texas. HOWEVER, a few hours ago he tweeted:

@ DeShonElliott_4: I think I forgot to tell you all on my Arkansas offer

The previous tweet had a surprised face at the end of it. It's important to note, though, that he hasn't visited Arkansas (to my knowledge).

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Evidently he spent some time in Arkansas for family reunions years ago and likes Arkansas for its architectural design program. The weird thing is he said he wants to visit Arky on Saturday, but later he tweeted he'd announce on Thursday. (source)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting beer sales for UT athletic events starts tonight at the women's basketball game.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    OrangeBloods reporting beer sales for UT athletic events starts tonight at the women's basketball game.
    Does this mean no more going across the street during halftime of the football games?

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    I wonder how well this goes over. I understand the reasoning and that many folks to go to football games drunk already, but the lack of beer sales in Austin I think add to the family environment in Austin. I can tell you from attending multiple UT and UTSA games a year I'd rather take my kids to a UT game due to the amount of drunk s running around the AlamoDome on game day.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wonder how well this goes over. I understand the reasoning and that many folks to go to football games drunk already, but the lack of beer sales in Austin I think add to the family environment in Austin. I can tell you from attending multiple UT and UTSA games a year I'd rather take my kids to a UT game due to the amount of drunk s running around the AlamoDome on game day.
    Collect all the drunk guys in one end and allow fireworks! That should fix some of the "boring atmosphere" problems as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    Incarnate Word Cardinals
    Post Count
    ^^^ that almost looks burnt orange.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Akward that I'm answering my own question but here's the answer:
    According to Brazos County PD Speedy Noil was in the car with Golden and Claiborne, but was not arrested. #Aggies
    it was all three and the car they were in was parked in a handicap spot. claiborne was arrested for a "noise-violation" (yelling while they were being questioned). the noise arrest seems stupid but that doesn't address the fact that claiborne was in a car where there was dope and he had already been arrested two months earlier for possession. sumlin has to suspend claiborne and golden at the very least, which would of course put the team in a big bind, defensively against SC. claiborne needs to get 2-3 games imho. he's skirting on dismissal, but it's hard to say if sumlin will have the brass to be firm. the university is getting way too giddy about the success of the program and should never let any of its athletic programs transcend the university itself.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    it was all three and the car they were in was parked in a handicap spot. claiborne was arrested for a "noise-violation" (yelling while they were being questioned). the noise arrest seems stupid but that doesn't address the fact that claiborne was in a car where there was dope and he had already been arrested two months earlier for possession. sumlin has to suspend claiborne and golden at the very least, which would of course put the team in a big bind, defensively against SC. claiborne needs to get 2-3 games imho. he's skirting on dismissal, but it's hard to say if sumlin will have the brass to be firm. the university is getting way too giddy about the success of the program and should never let any of its athletic programs transcend the university itself.
    what is this success you speak of?

If 8-5 gets you this, I wonder would would happen to this university if they actually win something.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two notes from Inside Texas...

-Five-star CB Kendall Sheffield will not be at JD2 this weekend because of track obligations, but has had a handful of conversations with different staff members recently and getting back on a campus is a priority. A&M is still considered to be the leader.

-OL Tyler Higby of Houston Kinkaid will be on campus this weekend.

http://247sports.com/Player/Tyler-Higby-31812

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/747068...ghts/119156382

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    what is this success you speak of?

If 8-5 gets you this, I wonder would would happen to this university if they actually win something.
    thus the adverbial phrase that proceeded the word success-"way too giddy". this is not success. just the mere scent of it has the university on the precipice of selling its soul to the devil. this is not a unique situation to a&m, of course. texas has had more than its fair share of social miscreants over recent years, so it's going to happen. the real concern is that these are underclassmen setting the tone and there has to be some accountability that resonates at some level, whether that is in the locker room, from the coaching staff or at the administrative level.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumor on 24/7 from a poster that senior FB Chet Moss, senior DB Leroy Scott and redshirt freshman OLB Deoundrei Davis are gone. The poster cited a buddy who purportedly walked on last year.

@BWQB12: Looking forward to Texas Jr. Day with @rileydodge11 CoachWatsonUT @Strong_TexasFB #hookem #UT

2016 Pro-Style QB Brennen Wooten of Marble Falls, Texas. Holds offers from Clemson and Akron.

@KirkoGrinds: Can't wait for the Texas Junior day! #hookem

2015 RB Kirk Johnson of Vallley Christian in San Jose, California. He and his brother 2016 WR Collin Johnson are expected to be in Austin this weekend for Texas' second Jr. Day. Father is former UT DB Johnnie Johnson.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Rumor on 24/7 from a poster that senior FB Chet Moss, senior DB Leroy Scott and redshirt freshman OLB Deoundrei Davis are gone. The poster cited a buddy who purportedly walked on last year.
    Wow. I'm surprised. Especially after OrangeBloods (or whoever Shuttlesworth "works" for) reported that Scott had been bustin' his ass off this off-season. I was a huge fan of Davis, so that one really bothers me.

thus the adverbial phrase that proceeded the word success-"way too giddy". this is not success. just the mere scent of it has the university on the precipice of selling its soul to the devil. this is not a unique situation to a&m, of course. texas has had more than its fair share of social miscreants over recent years, so it's going to happen. the real concern is that these are underclassmen setting the tone and there has to be some accountability that resonates at some level, whether that is in the locker room, from the coaching staff or at the administrative level.
    It would be even more powerful if it came from the upperclassmen on the team.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't know what's behind it, but nine guys have set their Crystal Ball picks for WR Ryan Newsome to Texas since Feb. 23, including guys switching their picks from Tech and Baylor. It's now at 64% for Texas.

Five guys have also thrown in for CB Jordan Tolbert to switch from U of H to Texas.
    Last edited by Needs More Bourbon; 02-25-2014 at 06:03 PM. Reason: correcting percentages

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The one problem I had with Manziel is that he seemed to have a strong feeling of en lement and when the team leader has issues with en lement it will rub off on the ones behind him.

Texas had the same issues with the Big 3 and Ced Benson. Thank heavens for guys like Derrick Johnson Aaron Ross who were guys that led by example. Vince also had it but his off field habits weren't as noticeable or published as Manziels were. McCoy was another great leader that didn't have it. The biggest problem at Texas was the coaching staff was full of guys who thought they were en led and it did come out.

IMO the best thing we get with Strong is a guy who hates en lement and believes in discipline. That alone will make this team better.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Louisville commitment arrested for...impregnating his cousin:

http://deadspin.com/louisville-commi...ing-1530936903

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    According to his Twitter, WR Jaelan Austin of South Grand Prairie will be in Austin on Saturday.

Thread Information