Page 16 of 153 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Meanwhile Paris is in the low-mid 80’s right now, which is abnormally hot for them this time of year. Wemby’s in for a rude awakening tbh.
    Yes, but you're not taking into account that no-one uses AC in France. That makes a huge difference. Triple digits are OK if you can go inside to 65.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We as spurfans have the obligation of stopping this myth that somebody created, Wemby plays nothing like Kevin Durant.
    i disagree

there is a decent comparison

wemby has good handles and a pretty shot and is skinny as

i like the comparison and not sure why you are clutching your pearlz over nothing

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i disagree

i like the comparison and not sure why you are clutching your pearlz over nothing
    Hysteria to support his take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i disagree

Because Durant is a perimeter player and Wemby is a center. It would be like comparing Gervin to Duncan. It is dumb, it is ignorant. I cringe when people do it, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hysteria to support his take.
    Sensibility to fight idiocy, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of topic: I'm not sure "sensibility" is the word I was looking for there. I was looking for the noun of "sensible", but "sensibility" isn't quite right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Out of topic: I'm not sure "sensibility" is the word I was looking for there. I was looking for the noun of "sensible", but "sensibility" isn't quite right.
    Sensitivity. susceptibility...

You're welcome.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I lack the imagination to see a 7’4” player as anything other than a center.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because Durant is a perimeter player and Wemby is a center. It would be like comparing Gervin to Duncan. It is dumb, it is ignorant. I cringe when people do it, tbh.
    too bad for you then, because the comparison is a good one!

both are really tall players who are able to not only do damage near the basket but both can also handle the ball well and both can draw mismatches anywhere on the court

both have really good shooting form and both are anomalies from the big nba men of the past

also- its a new nba where 5 players on the court can all handle the ball and can guard several different positions
    and this is not the old nba where centers were relegated to the paint area

deal with it

pretty sure a lot MORE people will make the comparison really soon so it sux to be you i guess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I just called 7'0" Durant a perimeter player.

I call Wemby a center not because he's 7'4" but because that's the position he plays. I don't know if you've been watching his games, but this is what's up with him:

Wemby with the nice And-1 with some post moves for the dunk.
    Way too much hovering around the 3-Point line for Wemby. Need to get him down in the box again like they did to start the game.
    That's it. Get the ball to Wemby in the post and open up easy layups off the double
    Nice, strong and-1 finish there by Wemby. They need to keep going to him inside. They can’t stop him when they do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    too bad for you then, because the comparison is a good one!

both are really tall players who are able to not only do damage near the basket but both can also handle the ball well and both can draw mismatches anywhere on the court

both have really good shooting form and both are anomalies from the big nba men of the past

also- its a new nba where 5 players on the court can all handle the ball and can guard several different positions
    and this is not the old nba where centers were relegated to the paint area

deal with it

pretty sure a lot MORE people will make the comparison really soon so it sux to be you i guess
    Actually, it's the other way around. Now the trendy thing is to compare Wemby to Durant, but once Victor gets to the NBA and more people start to realize how the French actually plays, there will be less and less people that make that lazy comparisson.

Durant was always a SF that played mostly in the perimeter, is an elite shooter, brings the ball up the court many times and plays the pick and roll as the ball handler.

Wemby is a bigman that never brings up the ball, plays the pick and roll as the screen setter and is a below average jumpshooter (for now). They are actually pretty far apart aside from the fact that they are both tall and skinny.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually it's the other way around. Now the trendy thing is to compare Wemby to Durant, but once Victor gets to the NBA and more people start to realize how the French actually plays there will be less and less people that make that lazy comparisson.

Durant was always a SF that played mostly in the perimeter, is an elite shooter, brings the ball up the court many times and plays the pick and roll as the ball handler.

Wemby is a bigman that never brings up the ball, plays the pick and roll as the screen setter and is a below average jumpshooter (for now). There are actually pretty far apart aside from the fact that they are both tall and skinny.
    well

we shall see pretty soon…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    well

we shall see pretty soon…
    Actually, you can watch his game tomorrow and find out for yourself, tbh.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, you can watch his game tomorrow and find out for yourself, tbh.
    ive been watching him

he reminds me a lot of durant!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, I just called 7'0" Durant a perimeter player.

I call Wemby a center not because he's 7'4" but because that's the position he plays. I don't know if you've been watching his games, but this is what's up with him:
    I didn’t say 7’0”, I said 7’4”.

Wemby right now is more perimeter skilled than the 19 YO KD who entered the league. Your main flaw is watching an amazing player on a putrid team, and thinking this is all he can be. I could find hundreds of plays in KD’s career where he scored unassisted near the hoop. Doesn’t make him a center, either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Wemby right now is more perimeter skilled than the 19 YO KD who entered the league. Your main flaw is watching an amazing player on a putrid team, and thinking this is all he can be. I could find hundreds of plays in KD’s career where he scored unassisted near the hoop. Doesn’t make him a center, either.
    Dude, blatanly lying will get you nowhere.

Here's Durant's scouting report:

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/kevin-durant/

Few phrases that stand out: "dynamic wing player", "His ability to pull up off the dribble is absolutely illegal ", "shooting =10", "ball-handling = 9", "passing = 8", "POSITION: SMALL FORWARD".

Here's Wemby's:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...big-board/amp/

"Advanced ball-handling skills for his position and size", "defensive anchor", "POSITION: CENTER"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I know you don’t make this decision based off that, but it would look good for Wemby to have a fellow rookie up there with him at the conference. Especially another Lotto or high ranked guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he gets to nba the bigger size n strength here will reduce his interior game

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he gets to nba the bigger size n strength here will reduce his interior game
    Bigger than 7'3 Youssoupha Fall that was put on him in his latest playoff series?

Oh you're probably talking about guys like 6'9 Bam Adebayo, right.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Just to be clear here. We should take stats at face value but when it comes to how a player is currently playing, we should it with a grain of salt and believe there’s a lot more to uncover? Wemby is not a more perimeter skilled player coming into the NBA, that’s just foolish talk. Durant was a lights out shooter from 3 and pretty sure if we look up Wemby’s shot profile he has a higher tendency to gravitate inside the paint.

Wemby isn’t basketball Jesus. He’s not going to do everything on the court. This pile-everything-on-him at ude has got to stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know if some of you ever played as the tallest guy on the court and be tasked with both blocking shots inside and bringing the ball up + defending guys outside. That takes a huge toll and leads to fatigue.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are just using the comparison because there isn't a center with the shooting stroke wemby has

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Actually, it's the other way around. Now the trendy thing is to compare Wemby to Durant, but once Victor gets to the NBA and more people start to realize how the French actually plays, there will be less and less people that make that lazy comparisson.

Wemby is a bigman that never brings up the ball, plays the pick and roll as the screen setter and is a below average jumpshooter (for now). They are actually pretty far apart aside from the fact that they are both tall and skinny.
    Joel Embiid shoots quite a lot of pull-up jumpers from midrange. And he doesn't stop being the center because of that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll have better usage alongside a center unless a team goes small ball ( either way he never leaves the court ).

Thread Information