Page 16 of 400 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Orlando are the two teams with probably the best young core in the league. For both these teams, they had 2 seasons with less than 25 wins followed by a mediocre to bad season and this year they’re taking off. Spurs look like they’re following that trajectory with 2 horrible seasons last year and this year. Next year will probably be mediocre to bad with 30-40 wins, and then expect to take off 2025-2026 when Wemby will be *21*, or still younger than either Duncan or Robinson their rookie years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This could also be an indicator that it is difficult to escape the basement with draft picks alone. Though I don't like FVV/Dillon Brooks, Houston paired their youth with these veterans and the early indication is that it appears to be paying off.
    By paying off, do you mean better record, still in the lottery, but forfeiting their pick since it most likely won't land in the top 4 to save it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OKC and Orlando are the two teams with probably the best young core in the league. For both these teams, they had 2 seasons with less than 25 wins followed by a mediocre to bad season and this year they’re taking off. Spurs look like they’re following that trajectory with 2 horrible seasons last year and this year. Next year will probably be mediocre to bad with 30-40 wins, and then expect to take off 2025-2026 when Wemby will be *21*, or still younger than either Duncan or Robinson their rookie years.
    Duncan was 21 as a rookie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for anyone interested, stephon castle will make his season debut tonight against UNC.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for anyone interested, stephon castle will make his season debut tonight against UNC.
    He played two games but yes it will be interesting to follow him, really good prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His return from injury. He played two games, VERY well I might add, and impressed a lot of people. His production and two way game places him as my top PG candidate r/n.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His return from injury. He played two games, VERY well I might add, and impressed a lot of people. His production and two way game places him as my top PG candidate r/n.
    Can't wait to watch him tonight. He could be the guy for the Spurs.

(His first two games were against high school teams btw.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't wait to watch him tonight. He could be the guy for the Spurs.

(His first two games were against high school teams btw.)
    UConn plays HS teams?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    UConn plays HS teams?
    Sorry to break it to ya.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who I could see them selecting, based on current projections . . .

Natural pick, if they're top 3-5: Risacher, Topic, if beyond: Walter

If Raptors 1st conveys and if mid lottery: Walter, Buzelis, if late lottery: Proctor, Carrington, Dunn

Collier seems the virtual an hesis of a Spur and I don't see them investing heavily in a C (Sarr, Clinigan), when they just got the best prospect at it in 26 years or a poor shooter without lead creator potential (Holland, Castle).

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not expecting much yet with playing time restricted.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who I could see them selecting, based on current projections . . .

Natural pick, if they're top 3-5: Risacher, Topic, if beyond: Walter

If Raptors 1st conveys and if mid lottery: Walter, Buzelis, if late lottery: Proctor, Carrington, Dunn

Collier seems the virtual an hesis of a Spur and I don't see them investing heavily in a C (Sarr, Clinigan), when they just got the best prospect at it in 26 years or a poor shooter without lead creator potential (Holland, Castle).
    Why is Collier the an hesis of a Spur?

I worry Topic with the natural pick is too high, and think he’ll be there at 9-10 with TOR pick. Agree on Sarr, especially after they extended Zach, but it’ll be tempting if he’s still on the board when they pick.

I’m sticking with Collier/Dunn as my top preference. If Collier goes earlier, I then shift to best SF available (Holland/Matas) and then best PG available (Topic/Proctor) with TOR pick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I worry Topic with the natural pick is too high, and think he’ll be there at 9-10 with TOR pick. Agree on Sarr, especially after they extended Zach, but it’ll be tempting if he’s still on the board when they pick.

I’m sticking with Collier/Dunn as my top preference. If Collier goes earlier, I then shift to best SF available (Holland/Matas) and then best PG available (Topic/Proctor) with TOR pick.
    If TOR is anyone near the 10th Pick with 25 games left in the season, they’re gonna tank hard tbh. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that pick conveying this year, though I’d love to be wrong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR is anyone near the 10th Pick with 25 games left in the season, they’re gonna tank hard tbh. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that pick conveying this year.
    25 games left is too late to catch probably the top 7-8 tankers. You can’t start that late and lose enough games. If they wanted to tank, they needed to trade one or both of OG and Siakam last summer. Your tank needs to start in July.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If TOR is anyone near the 10th Pick with 25 games left in the season, they’re gonna tank hard tbh. I wouldn’t hold my breath on that pick conveying this year, though I’d love to be wrong.
    This is one of the problems with owning a pick with protections - the team that has to give up the pick is in control of its own destiny and can choose to tank or not to manipulate the pick. I am cautiously optimistic about he Toronto pick, but the one I have lost all hope on is the chicago pick - that team is just a straight up dumpster fire and will be high lottery most likely for the next 5 years at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    25 games left is too late to catch probably the top 7-8 tankers. You can’t start that late and lose enough games. If they wanted to tank, they needed to trade one or both of OG and Siakam last summer. Your tank needs to start in July.
    Spot on. Even if they wanted to give this season a go, they need to pick a path like right now. Pick is only Top 6 protected.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is one of the problems with owning a pick with protections - the team that has to give up the pick is in control of its own destiny and can choose to tank or not to manipulate the pick. I am cautiously optimistic about he Toronto pick, but the one I have lost all hope on is the chicago pick - that team is just a straight up dumpster fire and will be high lottery most likely for the next 5 years at least.
    Yeah, Chicago is trickier by the day. Top 10 next year, and then Top 8 in 2026 and 2027. The silverlining is they’ve been better with Zach out these past few games (addition by subtraction potential?), and they did extend Vuc. Maybe enough to stay middling next year?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, Chicago is trickier by the day. Top 10 next year, and then Top 8 in 2026 and 2027. The silverlining is they’ve been better with Zach out these past few games (addition by subtraction potential?), and they did extend Vuc. Maybe enough to stay middling next year?
    Unfortunately, I think they blow it up this offseason. If Lavine goes, there's no reason to keep Caruso. Ball's had multiple knee surgeries and may not ever come back again. Pat williams is the ultimate tease as he's got great size and looks like he could be a great two way wing but he hasn't improved in 3 years. Has derozan actually requested a trade already? I'm not sure who else they have at this point worth building around. It's like a pistons level franchise without the young players. Brian wright might want to cash in and try to trade that pick while he still can, 8th worst record in the league is about 35 wins and I can't see the bulls winning more than that for a long time.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really

Last year many teams decided to tank during the year, Portland for one started sitting their players with about 25 to 30 games left.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

He's "too black" for their taste (and before you bring up Murray, he was an exception to the rule as a rare opportunity to get a lottery level talent, at a position of need, at 29).

I doubt they'll be in position to draft him anyway. As the player with the most perceived star power, he'll probably go 1st and they're obviously unlikely to get it again (Wizards need it most).

In a draft with so little star power or lead creator potential near the top, I suspect Topic rises.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of posters aren’t realizing how bad it would be for Toronto if they decided to tank. Even if they finish the season as the 6th worst team they have a higher percentage of sliding to 7–10 than moving up or MAINTAINING that 6th pick. 56.6% vs 43.4%.

Thats even assuming they could get to the 6th pick at all. One of the main reasons for the Spurs to tank is to ensure that pick converts. One slot taken. WAS - another taken. DET - definitely taken. That’s 3 right there. Them you have CHA - always terrible. CHI - already tragic without trading anyone. POR - likely a lock to be worse even if Toronto traded half their roster.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think a lot of posters aren’t realizing how bad it would be for Toronto if they decided to tank. Even if they finish the season as the 6th worst team they have a higher percentage of sliding to 7–10 than moving up or MAINTAINING that 6th pick. 56.6% vs 43.4%.

Thats even assuming they could get to the 6th pick at all. One of the main reasons for the Spurs to tank is to ensure that pick converts. One slot taken. WAS - another taken. DET - definitely taken. That’s 3 right there. Them you have CHA - always terrible. CHI - already tragic without trading anyone. POR - likely a lock to be worse even if Toronto traded half their roster.
    Anything can happen with the Toronto pick. It can fall between 7 and 10 or Toronto can tank enough and luck out into getting a top four pick.

I just did a draft sim Lottery at Tankathan and Toronto got the number 1 pick. Spurs fell to 6th. It's too early to know if Toronto will decide on a full tank and what the results will turn out with that Toronto pick.

Spurs can only count on their own pick for sure. Important to lose enough to try to get into the top five.
    Last edited by rascal; 12-06-2023 at 09:58 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Anything can happen with the Toronto pick. It can fall between 7 and 10 or Toronto can tank enough and luck out into getting a top four pick.

I just did a draft sim Lottery at Tankathan and Toronto got the number 1 pick. Spurs fell to 6th. It's too early to know if Toronto will decide on a full tank and what the results will turn out with that Toronto pick.

Spurs can only count on their own pick for sure. Important to lose enough to try to get into the top five.
    In the history of the current lottery odds, from 2019 to now, the lowest team to jump into the top 4 was New Orleans at #7.

How many times did you run the TaT simulator to get that result? And did you run it more to see if it would occur again? Just pulling that result once doesn't make it likely to happen in the lottery. Run it a hundred times, track it, and get back to us with the results. Then, realize that on drawing day, they don't run it a hundred times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really want Castle or Topic... but I'd even be happy if we got both of them.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a big fan of Collier after these highlights tbh... Not Spurs material imo

https://x.com/DraftExpress/status/17...189182094?s=20

PS: How do u insert a tweet guys?

Thread Information