Page 162 of 238 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166172212 ... LastLast
Results 4,026 to 4,050 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    So let's hear your rendition of Texas recruiting under McWilliams and Mackovic smartass?

Go through those years. Tell the board about the state of recruiting at Texas.
    MJ is obviously not a true longhorn fan. Guy picked up a burnt orange shirt in 04 or 05 and now feels obligated to have a winning program. Pretty obvious.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    MJ is obviously not a true longhorn fan. Guy picked up a burnt orange shirt in 04 or 05 and now feels obligated to have a winning program. Pretty obvious.
    Aggy still posting in a Longhorn thread?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So let's hear your rendition of Texas recruiting under McWilliams and Mackovic smartass?

Go through those years. Tell the board about the state of recruiting at Texas.
    Mack was responsible for Ricky Williams?

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack was responsible for Ricky Williams?
    Where was Williams recruited from?

Lets hear about the WHOLE of Texas recruiting? You don't know squat. We got out recruited badly in this State. Fairly consistently by Slo .

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All that recruiting must be why he's got 2 conference championships in 16 years. And smoked by Stoops Got it. But Mack has not and will never be the program. him for holding the program hostage.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack put the program back together, that's not really up for debate. Mackovic left a mess behind. 66-3 in the stands was awful. Dead quiet.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Where was Williams recruited from?

Lets hear about the WHOLE of Texas recruiting? You don't know squat. We got out recruited badly in this State. Fairly consistently by Slo .
    so pretty similar to the situation right now then with Sumlin?

Mack sucks donkey at recruiting these days. guess kids stop taking you seriously when you can't even get a double digit in the win column.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    so pretty similar to the situation right now then with Sumlin?

Mack sucks donkey at recruiting these days. guess kids stop taking you seriously when you can't even get a double digit in the win column.
    Yep.

But the actual coaching is worse.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All that recruiting must be why he's got 2 conference championships in 16 years. And smoked by Stoops Got it. But Mack has not and will never be the program. him for holding the program hostage.
    How is it that Texas can command top revenue? For ANY School. Was that Mackovic?

Mack put Texas back together. But you don't get this. You see the now, you don't know the history of the program.

This still does not excuse the fact that Mack has lost the football end. And has for a while.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ok.

Compare Stoops bowl record with Mack? Things are not all lovely with Stoops at Oklahoma. Their final rankings suffer after their bowl blunders. What does it say about a coach who can't get his kids back on track after a long break?

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Ok.

Compare Stoops bowl record with Mack? Things are not all lovely with Stoops at Oklahoma. Their final rankings suffer after their bowl blunders. What does it say about a coach who can't get his kids back on track after a long break?
    never been a fan of Stoops. a really good coach at Texas would dominate that idiot every year.

Board Man Comes Home Clipper Nation's Avatar
    My Team
    Boise State Broncos
    Post Count
    Mack put the program back together, that's not really up for debate. Mackovic left a mess behind.
    And Mack repeated Mackovic's mistake, tbh....

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    FYI Mack's retirement press conference should start at 1 p.m.

Not sure which channels will air it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    WR Emanuel Porter of Dallas Lincoln visited TCU yesterday.

He hasn't officially de-committed but word is he will be opening things up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two new rumors from HornSports...

-Mack had dinner with Art Briles last week concerning the Texas job

-Urban Meyer's representation has already called

Two new rumors from HornSports...-Mack had dinner with Art Briles last week concerning the Texas job-Urban Meyer's representation has already called

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

There are a few versions of this story, but supposedly the big money guys felt Powers and Mack purposely stalled the retirement announcement all week to derail the Saban deal. Following Friday's news that Mack was intending on staying as coach and Saban had re-signed with Alabama, several calls were made to Powers on Saturday morning basically saying "no more money until Mack is out." That news somehow got back to Mack and the decision was made it was time to step aside.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Porter is one of the better receivers in this class but we can afford to lose him.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

There are a few versions of this story, but supposedly the big money guys felt Powers and Mack purposely stalled the retirement announcement all week to derail the Saban deal. Following Friday's news that Mack was intending on staying as coach and Saban had re-signed with Alabama, several calls were made to Powers on Saturday morning basically saying "no more money until Mack is out." That news somehow got back to Mack and the decision was made it was time to step aside.
    Seems legit with the timing of everything. Just Mack being Mack... ing Texas right out the door.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    You have no idea the state of Texas recruiting before Mack.

Why do you think Texas can go after top coaches and kids Einstein?

Mack. That's right T-shirt.

He stayed too long and lost his edge, it happens. But he has some pride and he should.
    How is it that Texas can command top revenue? For ANY School. Was that Mackovic?

Mack put Texas back together. But you don't get this. You see the now, you don't know the history of the program.

This still does not excuse the fact that Mack has lost the football end. And has for a while.

Basically what Ive been saying to these imbeciles tbh. Mack turned UT into a monster and for that he deserves some gra ude from UT fans, or at the very least deserve to not get a kick in the ass on the way out the door like these t-shirts are doing.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Mack put the program back together, that's not really up for debate. Mackovic left a mess behind. 66-3 in the stands was awful. Dead quiet.
    That was one of the most humiliating loses ever. We gave up. The bowl game against Iowa was awful as well. MJ was not around to watch a team give up on a coach.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And Mack repeated Mackovic's mistake, tbh....
    Mackovic did not did not advance the program. He left Texas with all the Texas HS coaches hating him and no recruiting base. The money raising he did was peanuts compared to Mack. The only similarity is staying too long.

Jesus, people on this board have walked into the middle of a movie like a child, and make up what happened during the part they missed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Two new rumors from HornSports...

-Mack had dinner with Art Briles last week concerning the Texas job

-Urban Meyer's representation has already called
    Not Urban, please.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RUMOR

If it actually stopped Saban from coming then good job.

Post Count
    I do NOT want Urban, and his agent calling is almost certainly just an attempt to get more money out of Ohio State.

Thread Information