My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    pgpgpgpgpgpgpg......those passes ......

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm at the point where I would rather have Sochan/Tre/Cissoko as the rotation running point than trying to make either Branham or Wesley do it.

Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So I'm at the point where I would rather have Sochan/Tre/Cissoko as the rotation running point than trying to make either Branham or Wesley do it.

Thoughts?
    Branham isn't a point and I'm not sure why people keep saying he is. He's strictly looking for his shot at this point, and that's good. Wesley needs work but I don't mind keeping him in the rotation. I think we're getting overly excited about Cissoko, although I like him a good deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll get his shot but his decision making will need to get better overall though, he’s a keeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is why people need to stop pissing their drawers about not picking some other guy. Cissoko has a unique skillset plus his size slots him at a great defensive range the team could use.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why Spurs drafted him. Not to sound repea ious, he’s another big defensive body who can pass, rim run, secondary passer. I’m rooting that he can knockdown those 3’s and he’s in.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree 1000%. We need a six foot eight point guard for our seven foot five inch big man or it will look weird. Plus he played point guard in euro league. Give him a shot, Pop, if you’re reading this!
    I see you….

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see why Spurs drafted him. Not to sound repea ious, he’s another big defensive body who can pass, rim run, secondary passer. I’m rooting that he can knockdown those 3’s and he’s in.
    He seems Uber compe ive and coachable ( per his g league coach Jason hart / former Spur ). If he can take pops ass chewings we may just have something. Bully ball with him as the lead ball handler is intriguing…..

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Forget the Green comparison. He reminds me of Manu with them slick passes, nose for the ball, knocking out ball and hard nosed defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Barlow has been making us smile, Cissoko has been raising our eyebrows. The rookie has had some electrifying plays. Not saying he’s going to become a star or anything, but he is fun to watch. More fun to watch than guys who have improved tbh

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As already said this dude is a lot like Stanley Johnson in terms of build and skillset. Much like Johnson his career will depend on developing some semblance of scoring.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cissoko is a future 6 man of the year you heard it here first

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As already said this dude is a lot like Stanley Johnson in terms of build and skillset. Much like Johnson his career will depend on developing some semblance of scoring.

I don’t know …….. I kinda think they are different in skill set but time will tell.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t know …….. I kinda think they are different in skill set but time will tell.
    I also comp Sidy with Stanley. Both burly who can defend, rim run and pass. The only big difference is the outside shot, but I hope Sidy will prove me wrong.

I liked Stanley’s game. At times he backed Sochan as defender and a Point Forward pushing the ball. Too bad he asked to be waived, but Spurs cleared a spot and got Champagnie (if I’m not mistaken) so that was that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his game, but untill he finds out how to put the ball in the basket he's unplayable, unfortunately. That new shooting coach has some serious work to do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As big as he is and his good handle finishing at the rim seems like he could do

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like his game, but untill he finds out how to put the ball in the basket he's unplayable, unfortunately. That new shooting coach has some serious work to do.
    If they loosen the reigns a bit we will see a better scoring Sidy; maybe no efficient in the beginning but more output.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Please learn to shoot Sidy because you'll be awesome! :prayingdog

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like he is known for hot/cold shooting streaks, and very possible he started SL in a shooting downside. I read he shot 35% on spot up 3s for the season, which is promising, though his mechanics leave a lot to be desired.

But honestly, I didn’t watch much of him at all in SL, and hard to tell how he did overall judging from the emotional lability on the board here.

To me the dream is he is a serviceable starter and comes close to Keldon’s offensive bulldozing drives but with great defense and passing. But that’s a long way to get there, obviously. But with a shot of bourbon and some intense squinting, I can see a version of that path for him ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels a bit like a lazy comparison but I really do see some Diaw in him. The build is the most obvious aspect But additionally he’s a very solid ball-handler for someone his size + has some really impressive vision/passing abilities particularly for a 19 year-old wing. Lastly, he seems to have some sneaky athleticism based on his Ignite highlights.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he has potential I would really like them though to put him in the G League but make him run the point and also make him the number 1 or 2 on offense as far as taking shots or drives. I think his last year showed that he deferred to much to Scoot and to Leonard Miller which is a good thing with a seasoned team but bad if your trying to reach your potential.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Branham isn't a point and I'm not sure why people keep saying he is. He's strictly looking for his shot at this point, and that's good. Wesley needs work but I don't mind keeping him in the rotation. I think we're getting overly excited about Cissoko, although I like him a good deal.
    Your first sentence could equally apply to Wesley. Branham ran some point last year. Probably more than Wesley did with the big team.

I like all three guys a good deal, but Sochan was the best at initiating the offense last season. That is why I wouldn't be opposed to having two point forwards just for consistency.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big body with them thick calves
    That body type tends to gain weight.
    Hopefully the kid can not Zion out on the Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your first sentence could equally apply to Wesley. Branham ran some point last year. Probably more than Wesley did with the big team.

I like all three guys a good deal, but Sochan was the best at initiating the offense last season. That is why I wouldn't be opposed to having two point forwards just for consistency.
    I consistently mean defense as well as offense. I'm not sure why so many of us ignore the other side of the ball. Branham cannot guard points at all, Wesley can.

I like Sochan but he's become overrated as a point.

Thread Information