Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They were all buddy buddies back in the days, there was no social media

Demar DeJordan played golf with his opponents in the middle of playoffs/Finals series , Magic would hang out with Zeke, Aguirre, Salley during the Finals.

As for the dunk contest, scrub Dee Brown won one

Also, the last time the All Star Weekend was in Salt Lake City, Harold Miner won the dunk contest

Mmmm… I wonder what happened to him

yesterday’s NBA
    Jordan was notorious for faking friendships and then ripping their hearts out

Magic and isiah became bitter enemies.

Dee brown and Harold minor actually played for the league for more than 2 days and further proved the point that athleticism does not equal basketball skills. So thank you very much.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah sure for them it was « compe ive edge, killer instinct »

If Lebron was golfing with Draymond during the Finals you wouldn’t hear the end of it : lol

the reason Magic and Zeke were at odds was because Magic thiught Zeke asked around if he was gay, a rumour that started with Magic’s agent. Agents didn’t like Zeke who was the players association President and they were losing money because of him, it had nothing to do with the Finals, and Magic being the gullible sensitive got he is , ran with it

Brown snd Miner were scrubs in a watered down NBA
    Last edited by lefty; 02-20-2023 at 10:52 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    no it’s not harder

Unless you’re unskilled like those scrubs from the 90s

Handchecking doesn’t affect great players

Besides it was illegal, Derek Harper was called for handchecking many times by the refs
    And of course anyone who dared handcheck jordan
    It's like you didn't even watch any of those Detroit series

They literally beat the out of him on a regular basis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like you didn't even watch any of those Detroit series

They literally beat the out of him on a regular basis.
    But I thought Jordan wax tough and survived the physical era
    ckearky he didn’t

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Compe ive all star games died with Kobe. That and when they stopped sorting teams by conference. The sense of pride that comes with your conference being the best.

Flashback to 2013, posters on here labeled Kobe a try hard, for playing full court defense on Lebron and blocking a couple of his shots in the all star game.

At least Kobe tried and made it look compe ive.

Now those same posters are mad, because the all star game turned into their local sunday ymca game between divorced dads
    Last edited by Donald Sterling.; 02-21-2023 at 12:35 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    oh yeah sure for them it was « compe ive edge, killer instinct »

If Lebron was golfing with Draymond during the Finals you wouldn’t hear the end of it : lol

the reason Magic and Zeke were at odds was because Magic thiught Zeke asked around if he was gay, a rumour that started with Magic’s agent. Agents didn’t like Zeke who was the players association President and they were losing money because of him, it had nothing to do with the Finals, and Magic being the gullible sensitive got he is , ran with it

Brown snd Miner were scrubs in a watered down NBA
    I don’t care about what they do off the court. It’s their live and they can live however they want. The issue is that buddy buddy system is leaking onto the court, not just in individual cases, but throughout. Lebron can go golf with green all he wants as long as he wants to tear him a new one on the court. We saw that and that’s why the 2015 finals was great.

Durant harden Simmons Irving Et al don’t seem to care anymore. It’s really odd. They have a brand to protect and it’s seeping onto the court.

Minor and brown weren’t good, they were athletic. Which is the point.

Finally, 100% agree magic is a moron with a fragile ego. Still my favourite non spurs player though. So fun to watch him do no look passes past guards half a foot shorter than him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Compe ive all star games died with Kobe. That and when they stopped sorting teams by conference. The sense of pride that comes with your conference being the best.

Flashback to 2013, posters on here labeled Kobe a try hard, for playing full court defense on Lebron and blocking a couple of his shots in the all star game.

Now those same posters are mad, because the all star game turned into their local sunday ymca game between divorced dads
    We play better d in the local Y.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

+1... not sure why they gave up sorting players by conference.. players certainly don't give a to see team lebron win, they had at least a bit of compe ive spirit playing for their conferences. Dat draft stuff is pathetic.

yesterday's asg > today's asg tbh fwiw...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no it’s not harder

Unless you’re unskilled like those scrubs from the 90s

Handchecking doesn’t affect great players

Besides it was illegal, Derek Harper was called for handchecking many times by the refs
    And of course anyone who dared handcheck jordan
    Okay now I know you’re trolling lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Greg Pop told Timmy Duncs the players really run the league.

It's becoming more and more obvious.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Clippers/ Kings game is nuts. Both teams about to score 170+ each.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Clippers/ Kings game is nuts. Both teams about to score 170+ each.
    Kawhi plays 46 mins in a loss and his knee will be sore …

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That game must be some king of scoring record.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think det den at 186-184 or something like that is still the record but I think that went 3OT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the 76ers-Celtics game, WTF

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Trying to think of a player comparison for Embiid, and Spurs fan might not like it, but I thought of David Robinson. Clearly, a dominant individual player, MVP caliber production, uniquely gifted center. But it may just be reality that he'd be better served as a star complementary player to a better franchise star if he wants ultimate team success. Not a role player, just not the guy the team is built around.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to think of a player comparison for Embiid, and Spurs fan might not like it, but I thought of David Robinson. Clearly, a dominant individual player, MVP caliber production, uniquely gifted center. But it may just be reality that he'd be better served as a star complementary player to a better franchise star if he wants ultimate team success. Not a role player, just not the guy the team is built around.
    Robinson’s teams were never good enough to challenge for a le
    The best team he had before the Duncan was probably 1990 but Strickland had a terrible turnover at the end of game 7 vs Portland by trying an ill advised no look pass
    But ownership was cheap and the team got worse overtime

You don’t win a le with AJ and Del Negro as your starting backcourt

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Embiid's superior post game, handle and versatile shot making make him an offensive hub of the highest order (Robinson was clearly a superior defensive anchor though).

I have zero question that Jokic and him can be the go-to guy on a championship team, they just need a legitimate chance and this season is shaping up to be their first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Out of action Sunday for any of you sports betters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, Embiid's superior post game, handle and versatile shot making make him an offensive hub of the highest order (Robinson was clearly a superior defensive anchor though).

I have zero question that Jokic and him can be the go-to guy on a championship team, they just need a legitimate chance and this season is shaping up to be their first.
    But can Joel trust Harden in the playoffs?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or his own durability (lack thereof)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No.
    Zero'd in on Hardens defense in yesterdays choke to the Celtics.

Moar pathetic effort. Too many greasy strip clulb chicken wings n frys.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Tough to win a le with a injured Murray or mentally weak porter jr as your #2 and #3
    Pre 2011 Dirk is probably closest comp as a situation but I’d rather have that 2011 team around Jokic than this one …
    But I could be wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to win a le with a injured Murray or mentally weak porter jr as your #2 and #3
    Pre 2011 Dirk is probably closest comp as a situation but I’d rather have that 2011 team around Jokic than this one …
    But I could be wrong
    Agreed. If/when the Nuggets don't win a championship this season, Jokic will get killed by many of the talking heads and casuals, despite him not having a second star.

Thread Information