Page 17 of 162 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    so if barca wins all its games when messi is out

then this clearly says whose team it is...iniesta?

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    He was either running with the ball or just receiving it in full stride and some atletico player came in hard and slid and knocked him off the ball, sort took out his left leg while also hitting his right ankle (or messi stepped on his foot and rolled his ankle)

it was stupid, the guy had no real chance of stopping the play, pretty late challenge.
    And it was at the end of the game. I don't understand why coaches don't bench their main players when the result of the game is already known tbh. In that case it was only 2/1 but Barcelona even w/o Messi could have kept this result.

It would avoid injuries, give more rest and it would also be beneficial for the team to learn to play w/o the main assets of the team in case of long injuries.

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    And it was at the end of the game. I don't understand why coaches don't bench their main players when the result of the game is already known tbh. In that case it was only 2/1 but Barcelona even w/o Messi could have kept this result.

It would avoid injuries, give more rest and it would also be beneficial for the team to learn to play w/o the main assets of the team in case of long injuries.
    I agree

Pepe should have made a subs ution

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    I agree

Pepe should have made a subs ution
    That's OK, Iniesta will cure Messi...

Look up "Crackovia Iniesta Cura a Messi" on youtube...

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    That's OK, Iniesta will cure Messi...

Look up "Crackovia Iniesta Cura a Messi" on youtube...

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    so if barca wins all its games when messi is out

then this clearly says whose team it is...iniesta?
    Xavi > Iniesta

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count

The injury.

Ouch. Remembers me about some of Dirks twisted ankles and you thought first he is done for the season.

My Team
    CA River Plate
    Post Count
    Ouch! I can't bealive he didn't break his ankle. Funny how it doesn't seem so bad at first glance.

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    That's ing disgusting.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    He didnt hit him on purpose

Ugly dude wanted to play the ball, but Messi is so damn quick
    It was a late challenge regardless, he didn't have a chance, and I agree with everyone, Messi should have been out of the game by then, but I guess Guardiola was not convinced yet...Barca was not really on the offensive at that stage in the game but you never know, Atletico was still hanging around... it would have taken a stupid mistake for Barca to lose that game but it wasn't a completely convincing win either.

The defenseman was asking for it at that minute of the game, and the reason why he had such a small chance of ever getting away with that is because messi was running into a full sprint and the ball was more towards his right foot, Ujfalusi came from Messi's left side and reached across Messi''s left leg and there was not doubt he had to take out Messi's left leg in order to ever get to the ball...so before Ujfalusi crushed his ankle he took out his left leg too.

It was sort of stupid on both parts, Ujfalusi and Guardiola.
    Last edited by ALVAREZ6; 09-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.

WHAT A FLOP!!! he rolled like 3-4 times

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    WHAT A FLOP!!! he rolled like 3-4 times
    Well every soccer player does, Messi does not flop as much compared to most prolific scorers, and he suffered a legitimate hard injury.

LOL mabrignani don't talk about flopping, I remember the 2006 world cup, it's part of the reason I cannot take watching Italy play. They are flopping got primadonnas, it's just pathetic to watch. They cry on the ground delaying the game for a minute after a pathetic touch on the shin.

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Of all big time strikers, Messi tries to stay on his feet more than the vast majority:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU4Qxd8nmPs&feature=fvwk

My Team
    France
    Post Count
    It was a late challenge regardless, he didn't have a chance, and I agree with everyone, Messi should have been out of the game by then, but I guess Guardiola was not convinced yet...Barca was not really on the offensive at that stage in the game but you never know, Atletico was still hanging around... it would have taken a stupid mistake for Barca to lose that game but it wasn't a completely convincing win either.

The defenseman was asking for it at that minute of the game, and the reason why he had such a small chance of ever getting away with that is because messi was running into a full sprint and the ball was more towards his right foot, Ujfalusi came from Messi's left side and reached across Messi''s left leg and there was not doubt he had to take out Messi's left leg in order to ever get to the ball...so before Ujfalusi crushed his ankle he took out his left leg too.

It was sort of stupid on both parts, Ujfalusi and Guardiola.
    I cannot decide if Ujfa is doing that on purpose or not.

Look the way Ujfalusi goes to the ball. There is no change to play the ball without fouling/bodychecking Messi even if he played the ball...

Well every soccer player does, Messi does not flop as much compared to most prolific scorers, and he suffered a legitimate hard injury.

LOL mabrignani don't talk about flopping, I remember the 2006 world cup, it's part of the reason I cannot take watching Italy play. They are flopping got primadonnas, it's just pathetic to watch. They cry on the ground delaying the game for a minute after a pathetic touch on the shin.
    italy didnt flop more than any other country that played that year, i remember spain argentina, germany and brazil all flopping like crazy...even this year.
    i admit flopping is part of the game but messi in that video literally rolled 4 times after contact.....come on

Corpus Christi Spurs Fan Phenomanul's Avatar
    My Team
    Mexico
    Post Count
    italy didnt flop more than any other country that played that year, i remember spain argentina, germany and brazil all flopping like crazy...even this year.
    i admit flopping is part of the game but messi in that video literally rolled 4 times after contact.....come on
    Seriously dude? Not many soccer players... let alone athletes can take that type of hit and 'play it off' as if nothing happened... That's an ankle crushing blow... if you don't roll around (mind you after being taken out at full sprint) you run the risk of aggravating the injury further...

So who in this forum gonna foul mabri the same way so we can see how many times you gonna roll after it

My Team
    Arsenal FC
    Post Count
    In this case, Messi wasn't flopping with his rolls - he was injured, in extreme pain and his momentum from sprinting thrusted him forward. There are players like Lucio however who barrel roll any time they're touched.

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count

Nasty... can't believe it was just a sprain...

My Team
    Boca Juniors
    Post Count
    Well we can find some common ground..because I agree with you, when I was watching live it did seem he rolled more than naturally, but all players do this in soccer even when they don't suffer any injury at all. Yesterday, there's no doubt he was in serious pain, if you look at the image it looks pretty bad. If I were in his shoes and some scrub comes and does that to me in addage time when the game is over, I might exaggerate a little too just to make sure he gets sent off, which is exactly what happened.

So while he exaggerated in the roll a little bit, it's not like he completely flopped and fabricated it because he did suffer a harsh injury, and a very frustrating one at that, as he probably has huge ambitions to continue his level of play to keep Barcelona as compe ive as possible to outlast Mourinho & Co. and maybe win another FIFA player of the year. In his mind he knows he while taking that blow he's gonna inevitably miss a decent amount of games, and in his shoes it must have been really frustrating.

So who in this forum gonna foul mabri the same way so we can see how many times you gonna roll after it
    haha pussy, scared to do it yourself

what is messi doing even playing that late in the game anyways? youre up a goal and its already in the 90th minute? thats a managerial problem, he shouldnt even of been playing when they were winning

My Team
    Argentina
    Post Count
    what is messi doing even playing that late in the game anyways? youre up a goal and its already in the 90th minute? thats a managerial problem, he shouldnt even of been playing when they were winning
    TBH, Barcelona haven't won there in a long time... It was a big deal for them to get a win there... And the score was 1-2, far from a sure win.

Also, Messi probably did exaggerate post-contact, but anybody over 25 that gets stepped on the ankle like that breaks the ligament no questions asked.
    He's lucky he's still a young.

Thread Information