Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Quote from five-star RB Kendall Milton of Clovis, CA before his unofficial visit to Texas this weekend (OrangeBloods):

"The first thing is the strength of the business school because I want to be able to set myself up well after football. The second thing is seeing how the depth chart is because I want to go in and get early playing time. The third thing is just seeing how the teams can benefit you after college because once that clock ticks and it’s all said and done, you have to be able to be set up for life after football because it’s still a long life to live. I want to go to a school that can help me succeed off the field after everything is all said and done."

https://247sports.com/Player/Kendall-Milton-46041050/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put much thought into it, but 24/7 saying RB Kendall Milton and RB Zach Evans have been in frequent contact and have a desire to play together.

Evans specifically mentioned Milton this weekend when asked if there's another RB he'd like to play with in college.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    24/7 reporting LB Justin Flowe of Upland, CA ending up at UT is becoming more of a reality.

He's open to playing away from home, USC is down, he's friends with LB De'Gabriel Floyd and played on the same 7-on-7 team with Floyd and ATH Bru McCoy.

https://247sports.com/Player/Justin-Flowe-46038116/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on Virginia grad transfer OL RJ Proctor after his visit to UT over the weekend (24/7).

He plans on officially visiting Florida State, Houston, Ohio State and Oklahoma before making a decision.

“The visit was great,” Proctor said. “I’ve never been to Texas, so I didn’t have any idea how it would be, but as soon as I stepped off the plane and felt that weather, I knew I would like it (laughs). My favorite part honestly was just being with the players. Their culture is tight much like ours at UVA, so it reminded me of my old team.”

“We had good conversations,”
    Proctor said. “He’s (Coach Hand) always been a down to earth guy. He cares a lot about his players. Like I said, I’ve been studying Coach Hand’s fundamentals before I even met him in person. Our coach went to a clinic of his, and I’ve been following his technique ever since."

“I got to meet his wife, and he told us about his kids, so I feel like I know him on a different level now. He’s a good guy, and I’d love to be coached by him.”

“I don’t really have anything to compare it to, but Texas is a good school, and I like everything about the program,”
    Proctor said. “I can’t just narrow it down to one thing I like about Texas.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Update on five-star RB Zach Evans of Galena Park North Shore (24/7):

“I’m just playing it slow leading into my senior year,” Evans said. “I’m still looking to make my decision in February. I’m still looking at Oklahoma, Texas, Alabama, Clemson and other schools like that.”

“Texas stands the same,” Evans said. “It’s just about me getting back to campus. I’ll be up there soon. I know they are already building their offensive line. They have the hype right now. I think they’ll live up to it. I mean, they beat Georgia.”

“Their offensive line recruiting does impress me,” Evans said. “It’s going well. Offensive line is a big factor. I’m also looking at quarterback. I know they have Hudson Card. As a player, he’s very athletic. We hadn’t played against a quarterback like that until him then Duncanville.”

“I DM’d Kendall (Milton) on Twitter and got his number and we got know each other,”
    Evans said. “Kendall can carry the load. He’s a big back. I like competing with the best. Being on the team with him would be great. He’s physical and fast. With me and him, no other team would stop us.”

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    He’s one of the big fish though right? So what am I missing here, why would there be any doubt as to whether or not they truly want him?
    Yes, he's highly-ranked.

But there are questions about who's running his recruitment (Deion and his 7-on-7 coach), if Texas actually likes others more than him and if he's a personality/culture fit ("recruit me like I'm a five-star").

I don't expect him to end up at Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    On JUCO OL Willie Tyler of Iowa Western C.C....24/7 saying the staff told him that they'll be waiting on their graduate transfer options before deciding on an offer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2021 DT Maason Smith of Houma, LA told Rivals Texas should be the next school he's visiting this spring.

https://247sports.com/Player/Maason-Smith-46057128/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2022 QB Quinn Ewers (Southlake Carroll)

https://247sports.com/Player/Quinn-Ewers-45572600/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    2021 DE Landon Jackson (Texarkana Pleasant Grove)

https://247sports.com/Player/Landon-Jackson-46049327/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I guess Fedora is somewhat official now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wow, Kendall Milton's film reminds me of the kid we just faced at Georgia, he is huge and can cut on a dime without slowing down one bit. Honestly, I think I like him more than I like Evans, and that is saying something because I love Evans. Dare we think we can get Mookie, Evans and Milton? Seriously, Those 3 to go along with Keontay and Whittington might be the deepest backfield in Texas history.

Yes, he's highly-ranked.

But there are questions about who's running his recruitment (Deion and his 7-on-7 coach), if Texas actually likes others more than him and if he's a personality/culture fit ("recruit me like I'm a five-star").

I don't expect him to end up at Texas.
    Ahhh he’s that guy I remember the quote...I understand now.

Evans, Milton, Flowe...

I want to believe.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Believe it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds like Flowe is the most realistic option out of California.

Heck even with Flowe and Evans I’ll begin to see what Eric Nahlin meant when he said this could be the best class he’s covered for Texas.

^^ You start talking about those guys No.1 LB and No.1 RB to go along with guys who are Texas leans...CB Kelee Ringo and OL Chad Lindberg it all begins to add up.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Heck even with Flowe and Evans I’ll begin to see what Eric Nahlin meant when he said this could be the best class he’s covered for Texas.
    ^^ You start talking about those guys No.1 LB and No.1 RB to go along with guys who are Texas leans...CB Kelee Ringo and OL Chad Lindberg it all begins to add up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Zach Evans told The Football Brainiacs his current plan is to sign early and enroll early at the school of his choice.

They feel Texas is the early leader after speaking with him this weekend and those familiar with his recruitment.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    RB Zach Evans told The Football Brainiacs his current plan is to sign early and enroll early at the school of his choice.

They feel Texas is the early leader after speaking with him this weekend and those familiar with his recruitment.
    Weird. Didn't Evans just tell 24/7 that he wouldn't sign until February?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Weird. Didn't Evans just tell 24/7 that he wouldn't sign until February?
    Yup, that was my first thought when I read that.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I feel the key to the Evans recruitment is where his teammate Damieon George ends up. If George ends up at Bama I give them the edge, if he ends up at Texas then i will feel a lot better about our chances with him.

Thread Information