Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very nice. Puts in perspective the blue collar mentality of this sharp shooter.

I got no doubt that he's going to learn how to play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remarkable story. Very Spursy in overcoming situations, not just once but throughout life and basketball. He is fast becoming one of my favorite Spurs. The guy’s 3’s are not only quick but lethal. But now he added penetration, rebounding, pushing the ball on a fastbreak, closing out. His 1st step isn’t even bad with quick fake to the left then bursting to the right, would make his defender thinking twice to overplay him. He’s not just an athletic Bonner, but much more and still getting better.

You Are Not Worthy ZeusWillJudge's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Learn from Timmy, you crush him on the court not get yourself ejected and made your team short-handed.
    Bertans needs to hit his 3's and keep his cool.We don't need an enforcer,we need him to play his role at 110%.

Thank you Milli and Vanilli, for having the
    courage to share your little world with us.
    Never change. Never, ever change.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remarkable story. Very Spursy in overcoming situations, not just once but throughout life and basketball. He is fast becoming one of my favorite Spurs. The guy’s 3’s are not only quick but lethal. But now he added penetration, rebounding, pushing the ball on a fastbreak, closing out. His 1st step isn’t even bad with quick fake to the left then bursting to the right, would make his defender thinking twice to overplay him. He’s not just an athletic Bonner, but much more and still getting better.
    Honestly, he doesn't get to do anything on offense unless someone (usually White) passes him the ball in the right spot.

Aldridge and DeRozan who get most of the touches are terrible facilitators! This is why the Spurs aren't as good as they should be!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Honestly, he doesn't get to do anything on offense unless someone (usually White) passes him the ball in the right spot.

Aldridge and DeRozan who get most of the touches are terrible facilitators! This is why the Spurs aren't as good as they should be!
    The slam on Mavs was punishing an overplaying, and I’ve seen him rebound and push the tempo several times. He has added to his offensive arsenal and no longer just a catch and shoot like Bonner.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Oh so now championships are won by players that are suspended instead of those playing on court. Sorry didn't know about this change. I just remembered the only year that warriors won a championship against the cavaliers was when their enforcer draymond was suspended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh so now championships are won by players that are suspended instead of those playing on court. Sorry didn't know about this change. I just remembered the only year that warriors won a championship against the cavaliers was when their enforcer draymond was suspended.

Kevin Willis says "Hi". Actually, Kevin Willis says " off".

I needs six for my fix. UnWantedTheory's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The enforcer type player is needed when a team wants to take the "mental" advantage from the opposition.When the refs disrespect you,when other teams enforcers try to bully you and take you off your game.

The Spurs have needed that advantage multiple times in the past,some times they managed to bully teams and win series (hip check to Nash,Bowen making opposing guards their pants),and sometimes they failed.

In my honest opinion though,ever since the Spurs went from the team from San Antonio who had a chance for the le,to the Spurs Golden standard of an NBA franchise,ever since Popovich went from another good NBA coach to the most respected (and many times feared) non player figure in the league,the Spurs don't really need an enforcer.They just have to play the better basketball from the other team and they'll win.

For example,let's take Serge Ibaka,a moronic player who wants to play the enforcer role.
    He engages in fist fights 2-3 times per year.Last year it was Robin Lopez,this year it's Chriss.When he was in OKC he got into it against Portland's LMA.It's just Portland so they got tangled up together and went back and forth.
    Last year with Toronto in San Antonio Ibaka tried to start with Aldridge again,in a close game.Big difference,the logo in LMA's jersey was a Spur and not whatever Portland has.Ibaka got pushed away and did jack .

Tim Duncan was the one player who couldn't be bullied and he has shaped this franchise to be the living embodiment of his iden y.I dunno how long it's going to last but we're still respected.
    When Nephew got Zaza'd,Pop gave an interview that in today's NBA media would say he went too far,and the Warriors players would stand up for their teammate.And nobody said .Silver went down to the locker room before we were eliminated thanked the Spurs and apologized for lack of protection.Next year he enforced the undercutting rule in full effect with video replay.

Bertans needs to hit his 3's and keep his cool.We don't need an enforcer,we need him to play his role at 110%.
    I didn't mean to come across as if I was advocating for Bertans to be an "enforcer" or a serious need of one. I merely stated to XDT76 that an "enforcer" type could be advantageous at times for any team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't mean to come across as if I was advocating for Bertans to be an "enforcer" or a serious need of one. I merely stated to XDT76 that an "enforcer" type could be advantageous at times for any team.
    Well you're right and i get what you're saying but the point i was trying to make is that the need of said enforcer is becoming so less and less frequently needed in today's NBA and especially for the Spurs,that the role itself is basically going extinct.

The closest thing to an actual enforcer today is a guy like Steven Adams.He will try to get his team the mental edge by overpowering opposition and controlling scuffles.But he has to do it in such of a politically correct way so his team doesn't lose him with a flagrant 2 that the role loses it's original meaning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well you're right and i get what you're saying but the point i was trying to make is that the need of said enforcer is becoming so less and less frequently needed in today's NBA and especially for the Spurs,that the role itself is basically going extinct.

The closest thing to an actual enforcer today is a guy like Steven Adams.He will try to get his team the mental edge by overpowering opposition and controlling scuffles.But he has to do it in such of a politically correct way so his team doesn't lose him with a flagrant 2 that the role loses it's original meaning.

I would give a testicle to have a prime Rasheed Wallace on this roster right now. Of course, it's easier for me since mine grow back.

I already mentioned the role that Mario Elie played, and Kevin Willis. Tony Massenberg, too. I get the feeling that a lot of you don't even know (without looking it up) who the Bruise Brothers even were. Draymond Green has done a pretty good version of it. There is always a place for a tough guy/enforcer in the NBA. Nobody said anything about being some kind of serial killer who can't stay in a damn game. Well, you and a couple of your buddies did... but nobody who counts.

In case you haven't noticed, sometimes Pop gets himself ejected. How is that good for the team if he's really the GOAT coach? It's because it can pay dividends, if you know when to play the card. He's called his own teams out for being "soft" many times over the years. Not mentally weak... soft. Bertans was looking out for a teammate. That also pays dividends, and Pop was an asshole for doing his doghouse routine over it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would give a testicle to have a prime Rasheed Wallace on this roster right now. Of course, it's easier for me since mine grow back.

I already mentioned the role that Mario Elie played, and Kevin Willis. Tony Massenberg, too. I get the feeling that a lot of you don't even know (without looking it up) who the Bruise Brothers even were. Draymond Green has done a pretty good version of it. There is always a place for a tough guy/enforcer in the NBA. Nobody said anything about being some kind of serial killer who can't stay in a damn game. Well, you and a couple of your buddies did... but nobody who counts.

In case you haven't noticed, sometimes Pop gets himself ejected. How is that good for the team if he's really the GOAT coach? It's because it can pay dividends, if you know when to play the card. He's called his own teams out for being "soft" many times over the years. Not mentally weak... soft. Bertans was looking out for a teammate. That also pays dividends, and Pop was an asshole for doing his doghouse routine over it.
    I feel we are on different wavelengths on this argument my good sir.You are looking at it from a romantic,old school point of view while i am being more pragmatic,more adjusted to today.

Nobody is arguing with you about the value of the tough,"stand up for my teammates",no easy basket made on my watch,"don't push cause i'll push back" type of player historically in the NBA and in Basketball in general.
    These are the type of players that give an iden y to the entire team,they push their team to not give up,to always hustle,to never back down from anybody and in general they try to instill "fear" to the opposition while letting their teammates know at all times "i got your back".

The today version of the NBA,unfortunately,has less and less room for such players.I am not endorsing the current state of the game friend.I am simply observing and pointing it out.
    We have a league of teams that shoot 40 3's a game.We have players that care more about getting to the free throw line than making the basket.We have players that will let their man dunk alone instead of challenging him just cause if they fail they will be ridiculed for being posterized on twitter.They even call it "making business decisions" instead of being a pussy that played no defense.

This is the game today.An enforcer cannot have the same effect he did 30 years ago in today's league.If you want a player like Bertans to try and play the way he was playing in Europe,he'll get thrown out of the game faster than you can say "ejection".
    The man was ejected for arguing a foul in Memphis for crying out loud.He gets zero respect from the refs.I prefer him in the game making his 3's cause he is elite at them,instead of getting sent to the locker room.

Also,i think you are vastly overrating Draymond Green in the enforcer role.In my honest opinion he is more of a dirty,sneaky defender than an enforcer.He comes off more as a fake tough guy than an actual tough guy.

With all due respect,is this the enforcer of 2020? Slow dancing with the enemy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I feel we are on different wavelengths on this argument my good sir.You are looking at it from a romantic,old school point of view while i am being more pragmatic,more adjusted to today.

Nobody is arguing with you about the value of the tough,"stand up for my teammates",no easy basket made on my watch,"don't push cause i'll push back" type of player historically in the NBA and in Basketball in general.
    These are the type of players that give an iden y to the entire team,they push their team to not give up,to always hustle,to never back down from anybody and in general they try to instill "fear" to the opposition while letting their teammates know at all times "i got your back".

The today version of the NBA,unfortunately,has less and less room for such players.I am not endorsing the current state of the game friend.I am simply observing and pointing it out.
    We have a league of teams that shoot 40 3's a game.We have players that care more about getting to the free throw line than making the basket.We have players that will let their man dunk alone instead of challenging him just cause if they fail they will be ridiculed for being posterized on twitter.They even call it "making business decisions" instead of being a pussy that played no defense.

This is the game today.An enforcer cannot have the same effect he did 30 years ago in today's league.If you want a player like Bertans to try and play the way he was playing in Europe,he'll get thrown out of the game faster than you can say "ejection".
    The man was ejected for arguing a foul in Memphis for crying out loud.He gets zero respect from the refs.I prefer him in the game making his 3's cause he is elite at them,instead of getting sent to the locker room.

Also,i think you are vastly overrating Draymond Green in the enforcer role.In my honest opinion he is more of a dirty,sneaky defender than an enforcer.He comes off more as a fake tough guy than an actual tough guy.

With all due respect,is this the enforcer of 2020? Slow dancing with the enemy?

Read the first sentence. Lost interest. You should talk to your doctor about Low-T.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the first sentence. Lost interest. You should talk to your doctor about Low-T.
    While certainly.
    I have noticed in other instances as well that you talk about disrespect and try to insult someone on the personal level when you cannot deal with a more valid,logical basketball take than your own.

So,since more evidence further imply that you are nothing but a basement dwelling,ignorant,trolling little i'd very much appreciate it if you go back to romanticizing about your mother and fapping to the pictures of 12 year old girls online.

In other words, off you moron,don't ever quote me again.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kevin Willis says "Hi". Actually, Kevin Willis says " off".
    Yeah and Spurs lost the game that he was ejected. Jordan and Pippen has to wrestle and pin Rodman to the floors tells u how much more valuable a player is on the court than get ejected. Duncan owns DMC and Ginobilli putting Garnett on his back with a block shows you how to react to the on court bullies. Not charging in shoving the guy and giving them 2 free throws and get yourself thrown out of the game. If you think the reason Bertans was in the doghouse because he stand-up for his teammate then I don't think there is anymore point in me replying to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bertans story was long over due. The kid is a Spur written all-over him. The kid is a feel-good story, overcoming every adversity. Freaking lost a finger in his shooting hand? ACL injuries twice? The kid is more than a fighter. He is a winner. He is becoming one of my favorite Spurs. I bet he would’ve knocked the Curry brothers out in the 3-pt contest but it was in front of daddy’s home court. I expect him to be in the 3pt contest in Chicago next year though, maybe with his brother Dairis. With Demar, Aldridge and now White all attacking the rim, I expect Bertans to be more open. And you know he’ll just let it fly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Draymond Green is usually valuable in spite of, not because of his tough guy antics. He can guard multiple positions, distribute, rebound. But he's also the only guy in the history of the NBA who ruined his team's chance of claiming "greatest season ever" with stupid behavior after multiple technicals and flagrants in the playoffs. He himself says he thinks he cost the Warriors a championship that year, but also says he would do it again, because " I'm a man, and that'll always take precedence over any basketball game."

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24952146/the-warriors-draymond-green-kevin-durant-steph-curry-future-golden-state-dynasty

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    While certainly.
    I have noticed in other instances as well that you talk about disrespect and try to insult someone on the personal level when you cannot deal with a more valid,logical basketball take than your own.

So,since more evidence further imply that you are nothing but a basement dwelling,ignorant,trolling little i'd very much appreciate it if you go back to romanticizing about your mother and fapping to the pictures of 12 year old girls online.

In other words, off you moron,don't ever quote me again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's gonna want a big pay bump after next season

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude's gonna want a big pay bump after next season
    He is not the only one, Murray, Poeltl and Whites contract are all expiring soon.

Not in POs roster NameLess Scrub's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's incredible that he shoots so well with half a finger, and it's refreshing to see he can also attack the basket aggressively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude should not get a penny over 7 mil.if this season proved anytging dude needs to get much stronger

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop did put him in the dog house for standing up for his team mate I hate that about Pop. Also I have always liked Bertans but Unless Poop takes the leash off him he will never be the player he should be. So if he is not going to use him right at least try and trade him for something.

Thread Information