Page 175 of 745 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe Brett does us a solid and takes him to F him over as a thank you to pop who basically made him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thats fine.. never fault someone for that. But there are MUCH MUCH MUCH better ways of getting this ... Quitting your team, blaming problems on other people, etc is very unprofessional.
    My post was in reference to Paul George, not Kawhi.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Bryan Colangelo's wife, the problem with Fultz was mental/emotional as well, something about the relationship between his mother and his trainer/shooting coach, the one who was responsible for breaking his shot over the summer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Buggin'? Lol. I'm not, I'm just saying we're not going to get a great return for a guy who swears he won't re-sign with the team we're trading him too.
    It’s more than likely posturing. Watch him change his tune a couple of weeks into July once the big free agents sign.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zero chance Philly would give us all that if Kawhi tells them he's signing with LA next Summer no matter what.

I could see Philly offering Covington, ZSmith, Bayless and one of Saric or Fultz. Especially if they thought they could also get Lebron.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see Philly offering Covington, ZSmith, Bayless and one of Saric or Fultz. Especially if they thought they could also get Lebron.
    They can keep Saric.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was when his trade value was rock bottom. They should wait out free agency.
    Then he just signs with the Lakers and there is no trade. Oh, you mean this year. Thought you meant next year. Why does his value go up after free agency?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's by far the best player of those mentioned. He was a top 3 talent in the draft last year. Sure, he was injured and had some shooting issues, but Blake Griffin was hurt his first year and won ROY the following one and shooting can be fixed.
    And so was Simmons and Embiid. How many teams would love to have one of those guys right now?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Per Bryan Colangelo's wife, the problem with Fultz was mental/emotional as well, something about the relationship between his mother and his trainer/shooting coach, the one who was responsible for breaking his shot over the summer.
    Lol this is what happens when gms let media and fans dictate bs hype over supposed potential. You draft players who cant shoot dribble pass or defend. Sad that fans have no sense of the game. Just awful

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then he just signs with the Lakers and there is no trade. Oh, you mean this year. Thought you meant next year. Why does his value go up after free agency?
    Because things change... if the Lakers sign two major free agents then there's no room for Kawhi.... and if they don't and still have room you can always trade kawhi east as a rental to a contender for a lesser package. Toronto, Milwaukee, Miami would all give packages for a rental. It's not ideal but, it's better than trading him to LA for crap. If I have to take a crap package it's in the east.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That 2021 1st (possible first High School yr) will be included.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "Shelburne and Adrian Wojnarowski noted Leonard will alert teams interested in acquiring him that he intends to sign in Los Angeles when he's eligible for free agency next summer. "
    Is this a new quote?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because the Lakers only real shot to form a LeBron/PG13/Leonard trio is to have the Spurs trade Kawhi there in the next two or three weeks. If they sign PG13 + James it forces them to make a difficult decision on how they clear the last few million of capspace needed for those two. They have $61 million in capspace right now but would need $66 million to sign those two. The only assets they could use to move to that $66 million would be Ingram, Ball, or Deng. Everyone else would either be renounced (Randle) or doesn't make enough to salary dump (Kuzma, Hart). To move Deng they have to attach Ball or Ingram most likely. Maybe they get away doing it with only Kuzma attached, but Deng's contract is pretty ugly so I doubt it. They can't stretch Deng if they want to preserve capspace for Leonard, since the cap hit for Deng's stretched salary eats another $30 million off what Kawhi could be paid.

Even in the best case I can't see them holding onto that max salary slot. LeBron is about winning now and I expect he would not sign there if Magic wants to tie up nearly 1/3 of the payroll in unproductive capspace that isn't going to hit a jumpshot or stop a guy in transition for a year. I can't imagine someone his age at the tail end of his prime is going to be ok throwing a season of le contention away when the Lakers would be very strong candidates to sign Cousins, Capella, or DeAndre with the capspace they could open up this summer (on top of what they'd have to offer LeBron + PG13) by using Ball to get rid of Deng's contract. Then they could still hold onto Ingram and Kuzma also.

You take that Lakers superteam option off the table and Philly and Boston probably aren't concerned he leaves a stacked le contender to go be a one man show on the Clippers next summer. Then you might actually get a decent offer from each team. And you probably get a great offer from both teams if LeBron chooses Philly.

Worst case LeBron stays in Cleveland and the Lakers remain a viable option for signing Kawhi next summer, and we're back where we were draft night. No reason to rush things when the situation now is the same as the worst case trade market in two or three weeks.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 06-23-2018 at 09:01 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this a new quote?
    Was on the bleacher report article about the Spurs not sending f Kawhi to the west today.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Neither looks to have much of a chance of becoming anything special.
    I disagree. I think Ingram could be special.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only reason not to take Fultz in this situation would be our logjam at the PG/combo/SG slots, but that's a bad reason not to take him.
    Ummmmm....How about losing our ing franchise player??? Good God the ing studpity coming out of spurs fans because they just care about their ing “pride” over contending.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ummmmm....How about losing our ing franchise player??? Good God the ing studpity coming out of spurs fans because they just care about their ing “pride” over contending.
    Our franchise player lost his mind a year ago.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If they can extend Kawhi without giving him a no-trade clause then yeah you probably do that unless you believe he's facing a career threatening injury. But I believe him when he's leaking that he's done with this franchise. Though I'm not sold on supermaxing him, that's a tougher call IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop makes his first appearance since the end of the season.

the goat is smiling, good news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, 146 pages and no one has mentioned the obvious solution? Just sign kawhi long term. Boom I just solved it, also get Lebron James. I really should be a gm

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perhaps the Spurs have decided that Kawhi will have to play one more year with them and if he does walk then they will go after Tobias Harris or Klay Thompson as a FA in 2019.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz and Murray are close friends...

Just IMO horrible fit because neither can shoot and I dunno if they can play together on the floor..

But you do have to take him and have Chip do his thing..

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    the goat is smiling, good news
    He doesn't take basketball seriously anymore.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At this point I don’t really care who we get. I just want kawhi gone and traded so we can actually get back to talking about spurs basketball and the upcoming season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fultz and Murray are close friends...

Just IMO horrible fit because neither can shoot and I dunno if they can play together on the floor..

But you do have to take him and have Chip do his thing..
    Kawhi couldn’t shoot his first few years in the league. Just saying can’t always jump to conclusions after the first year or 2

Thread Information