Page 175 of 238 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,375 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    knight had actually committed to a&m and then switched after the aggies picked up kenny hill and of course, after seeing the success of manziel.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It doesn't matter if he was recruited or not. If he would have come he would have probably sucked because Texas has a problem with developing QB's. Then on top of that, they lack the ability to successfully evaluate talent.
    I will disagree with the developing QB's part, because we are formulating that theory around Case McCoy. There haven't been any quarterbacks to develop. Which leads us to the lack of successfully evaluating talent.

Post Count
    It doesn't matter if he was recruited or not. If he would have come he would have probably sucked because Texas has a problem with developing QB's. Then on top of that, they lack the ability to successfully evaluate talent.
    I'm curious if Colt would have been Colt if his dad weren't a coach.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Trvor is a Regan grad and I'm pretty sure he committed to Ou pretty early in the process before Texas had a chance to even look at him
    Texas looked at Knight and really liked him but took Brewer as only scholly QB that year. It was well known Knight would have committed in a heart beat. Knight was another guy whose room was filled with Longhorn gear, etc. His father went to Texas and supposedly took him to a lot of games.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Well the good news is the guy making those decisions is gone

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I will disagree with the developing QB's part, because we are formulating that theory around Case McCoy. There haven't been any quarterbacks to develop. Which leads us to the lack of successfully evaluating talent.
    Well for me.. Case of course isn't very good. He may be the only QB from the past few years to actually reach his ceiling. To me, Ash was never polished, he just always had the most potential to be. He was better than the rest but that isn't saying much. I never had confidence in him. And then once sorry ass Gilbert left for SMU and started lighting it up that's when I turned to the development of the quarterbacks and declared it ty. The talent evaluations don't need explaining we hear and see about that on a daily.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And then once sorry ass Gilbert left for SMU and started lighting it up that's when I turned to the development of the quarterbacks and declared it ty. The talent evaluations don't need explaining we hear and see about that on a daily.
    Gilbert started playing well? I used to check his stats every once in a while and he never seemed to play any better. Even if he did, you have to question the compe ion he faced in the B12 compared to the AA. I wouldn't say we were unable to develop quarterbacks, but it's pretty clear that we've whiffed on talent since Colt left.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Knight hasn't been good until last night, so let's not pretend he's a bona fide world beater. We also don't know how good Brewer is going to be — not that it matters since we ran him off.

Post Count
    Knight hasn't been good until last night, so let's not pretend he's a bona fide world beater. We also don't know how good Brewer is going to be — not that it matters since we ran him off.
    agreed..This is far and away knight's best game but you cannot ignore that the talent is there and he should be much more consistent next year for the sooners.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    i think jerrod heard is going to work out for the longhorns. from what i've seen, he's a pretty solid threat.

Post Count
    i think jerrod heard is going to work out for the longhorns. from what i've seen, he's a pretty solid threat.
    I think Charlie Strong would be a perfect coach for Heard.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    Briles released a statement saying he is not a candidate for the UT job

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Everyone that is a candidate will say they aren't a candidate, everyone that isn't a candidate will say they aren't a candidate.

Every agent will say their client is a candidate

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count

My Team
    St. Mary's Rattlers
    Post Count
    These candidates announcing they're withdrawal from consideration this morning has to mean UT has their guy and the coaches are trying to settle down their respective fanbases, right?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    These candidates announcing they're withdrawal from consideration this morning has to mean UT has their guy and the coaches are trying to settle down their respective fanbases, right?
    Yup. Those guys have been told that they are out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    We're making solid progress if guys are starting to "withdraw" their names.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I find it very interesting that we never saw or heard anything about Gundy.

My Team
    Colorado Buffaloes
    Post Count
    i really really really hope my frat bruh, strong, gets the gig.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yup. Those guys have been told that they are out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think it will be Strong.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I'm starting to think it will be Strong.
    Strong is the 3rd option behind Saban and Fisher

Thread Information