Page 178 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5940
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas made a lot of people very rich over the last month. Pretty funny that Charlie Strong is making double what Chip Kelly is making in Phili.

The only thing I don't like about the hire is that I personally was hoping for a guy with a strong offense, it's a lot more difficult to keep replacing a good OC than it is to replace a good DC. Everytime you replace an OC you change the offense for the players.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Strong huh.... I guess that's just as good as Saban or Harbaugh lmao
    You don't need the big name..you need the right name. Mack wasn't a big name when Texas brought him in either.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    as to the hire itself, let's recall no one thought the mack brown hire was all that great back in 97. i think strong is a pretty solid hire to be honest.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

better hire than sumlin imo

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    All I care about is that he is better than Mack has been since 2009.

He is known as a killer recruiter
    A great defensive mind
    He won a BCS le as DC with Florida
    He recruits Florida like a witch

Texas has the bones to hire the best assistants available, so finding the right guys is just a matter of making the right choice.

Time will tell, but for now I like the hire.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SportsCenter@SportsCenter55m
    Louisville coach Charlie Strong hasn't accepted Texas job but wants to talk to Louisville AD and president. (via @McMurphyESPN)

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Would love to steal Morris from Clemson but I doubt he goes anywhere but a head job.
    Morris has an absurd buyout if he takes another coordinator job. I believe it's upward of $5m.

My Name Is Mitchell Brown
    My Team
    Oklahoma Sooners
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan
    nobody wanting to go to UT

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Hope he doesn't bring the Louisville OC, tbh.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Wasn't necessarily bashing the hire, just those who thought Texas would bring in some major coach because "they're Texas". Out of the realistic candidates that were out there, Strong actually might be the best out of that group... but that's really not saying much. Hiring a defensive guy in that conference is certainly interesting.

All Hail the Legatron The Reckoning's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wasn't necessarily bashing the hire, just those who thought Texas would bring in some major coach because "they're Texas". Out of the realistic candidates that were out there, Strong actually might be the best out of that group... but that's really not saying much. Hiring a defensive guy in that conference is certainly interesting.

not to mention someone with recruiting ties in SEC territory

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    You don't need the big name..you need the right name. Mack wasn't a big name when Texas brought him in either.
    Exactly.

All these coaches basically have Mack to thank for their extensions. He put Texas into the huge $$

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So Strong turns it down and Saban then scoops it up? Really? Seriously?

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    If he puts a good staff around him I'm sure he'll do alright. The place recruits itself. I'd be a little weary of him taking a bunch of his staff from Louisville with him. He needs to go hire the best coordinators out there with that payroll he has, not bring all his buddies with him.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Michael Jordan
    nobody wanting to go to UT
    You do know that Texas wanted Strong a while back, right? Once these guys were told Texas was offering to Strong, they all said they didn't want the job. Why do you think everyone came out today out of nowhere and said they didn't want the job? You think it's just a coincidence?

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....nterview.html/

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If he puts a good staff around him I'm sure he'll do alright. The place recruits itself. I'd be a little weary of him taking a bunch of his staff from Louisville with him. He needs to go hire the best coordinators out there with that payroll he has, not bring all his buddies with him.
    In some aspects, this is right, but if there's someone on your staff that you click with, and communicate with, sometimes it's good to bring them along. There's no subs ute for teamwork...on the field and on the sidelines.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    McMurphy just said on SC that all signs point to him taking the job and that working out the formalities is all that's left.

Post Count
    Defense wins championships. If Sumlin had a clue about that, the he'd have more BCS Bowl victories than Strong does by now, but he doesn't. Besides, he knows how to run the spread. He's been around Teddy and Tebow for a while.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Since this IS a recruiting thread, here's some good news...

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....uestions.html/

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Many Florida fans are ready to jump off a bridge; they were hoping he'd replace Muschamp. The guy can coach a defense, scout and recruit. You don't have to be overjoyed, but Texas fans should be optimistic.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just want us to tackle in his first year.
    Tackling would be nice to see again.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Many Florida fans are ready to jump off a bridge; they were hoping he'd replace Muschamp. The guy can coach a defense, scout and recruit. You don't have to be overjoyed, but Texas fans should be optimistic.
    I'm excited, honestly...I really hope Texas gets back to the top where they belong. It's been so frustrating watching them fall apart slowly over the last few years. I remember screaming at the top of my lungs after Vince Young ran that touchdown in against USC...and being in agony when Colt McCoy got hurt against Alabama. Strong actually excites me as a fan of college football. Can't wait to see what he does with Texas.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I just want us to tackle in his first year.
    Tackling would be nice to see again.
    Forgot what a good tackle looked like.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My question is... does Louisville have any significant commits that would be a good get for Texas if they followed Charlie strong to Texas?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Just heard Charlie called a 9 AM staff meeting tomorrow morning.

Thread Information