Page 18 of 143 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Baron is one of the most inefficient guards in NBA history..he also looks like Mr. T in "Freaked!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about this trade? Say if Spurs fail to to move up in the draft (which is likely), and most of the players they wanted are gone by 20?

Spurs receive
    : Tayshaun Prince, Chris Wilcox and Pistons 2011 2nd round pick.

Pistons recieve: Richard Jefferson and the #20th pick.

I know Prince had an injury riddled season last year, but the guy didn't miss one game in 6 consecutive years before last year; which indicates his true durability.

Not only that, but I believe Prince would be a better fit being a career 37% shooter from the distance and he also has a superior basketball mentality on both ends, which makes him much more proficient than R.J. He has been through a championship caliber system as a 4th and 5th option and knows how to efficiently pick his spots; something R.J had never been asked to do before last year.

I also believe his length would help the Spurs out tremendously on the defensive end and he would give the Spurs a lot of versatility, being the best option the Spurs have had as a small-ball four against the teams that go small.

He is also in his contract year, which should help his preparation going into next season.

I'd love this deal. IMO

As for Wilcox, he can be bought out; he is just a filler.
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-16-2010 at 10:41 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What about this trade? Say if Spurs fail to to move up in the draft (which is likely), and most of the players they wanted are gone by 20?

Spurs receive
    : Tayshaun Prince and Chris Wilcox

I know Prince had an injury riddled season last year, but the guy didn't miss one game in 6 consecutive years before last year; which indicates his true durability.

Not only that, but I believe Prince would be a better fit being a career 37% shooter from the distance and he also has a superior basketball mentality on both ends, which makes him much more proficient than R.J. He has been through a championship caliber system as a 4th and 5th option and knows how to efficiently pick his spots; something R.J had never been asked to do before last year.

I also believe his length would help the Spurs out tremendously on the defensive end and he would give the Spurs a lot of versatility, being the best option the Spurs have had as a small-ball four against the teams that go small.

He is also in his contract year, which should help his preparation going into next season.

I'd love this deal. IMO

I hate this deal. For one, it looks like a lateral swap, with both guys declining. Secondly, both guys are expiring and we give up a 20th pick. No from this guy here. Let us not forget Jefferson is an extremely durable guy himself too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For one, it looks like a lateral swap
    Ever heard the term, looks can be deceiving?

Prince would fit into the Spurs' brand of basketball much better IMO for the reasons I discussed in the previous post.

with both guys declining.
    Prince may have lost a step in his athletic ability from his first 2-3 years out of college, but the guy has been as consistent as any player year in and year out being a 4th or 5th option. His production has not declined and nothing suggests his production will anytime soon with him only being 30 years old.

Secondly, both guys are expiring and we give up a 20th pick. No from this guy here.
    Prince would be a better fit and is the better player in the situation (with the Spurs) and would be worth the 20th pick if the scenario that I proposed in the first sentence of my previous post were to play out . (I'm not sure if you read it.)
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-16-2010 at 11:03 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince would be a better fit and is the better player in the situation (with the Spurs) and would be worth the 20th pick if the scenario plays out; which I proposed in the first sentence of my previous post . (I'm not sure if you read it.)
    I like Prince, too, but Chieflion's makes a worthy point in that both RJ and Prince are on expiring contracts, so we'd give up the #20th just to rent Prince for a season. I'm all for "win now," but this deal leaves me a bit cold since it shoots our future in the foot and I don't believe we can get no one to help us at the 20.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Prince, too, but Chieflion's makes a worthy point in that both RJ and Prince are on expiring contracts, so we'd give up the #20th just to rent Prince for a season.
    What about this trade? Say if Spurs fail to move up in the draft (which is likely), and most of the players they wanted are gone by 20?

Spurs receive
    : Tayshaun Prince, Chris Wilcox and Pistons 2011 2nd round pick.

I'd love this deal. IMO

Read the bold part..

Spurs would have to give up something, since they are the ones getting back the player they want.

Either by taking on Maxiell's contract (3 more years for 15 million), or by including the 20th pick or Blair or a future lottery protected 1st round pick. IMO
    Last edited by MaNu4Tres; 06-16-2010 at 11:26 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm sure there will be a nice player at #20 this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the bold part..
    Yeah, sorry -- I edited myself before you posted for clarity's sake, but it looks like you beat me to the punch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @chadfordinsider

Scoop: Sixers agree to trade Dalembert to Kings for Nocioni and Hawes. Link coming shortly ...

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @chadfordinsider

Scoop: Sixers agree to trade Dalembert to Kings for Nocioni and Hawes. Link coming shortly ...

http://twitter.com/chadfordinsider

Edit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5297829
    Is this setting up a draft day trade of Parker and the 20 for Nocioni, Kapono and the #2 (Favors)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It better not, Kapono sucks. And there's no way we can plug in the hole left behind by Parker.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince wouldn't necessarily have to be a rental. The Spurs could re-sign him to an affordable 2-3 year deal if he shows his back issues are behind him and he's at least close to the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

It would be difficult to give up the 20th pick (in this scenario, the Spurs should try to get the Pistons 2nd round pick back), but worth it if the Spurs were convinced that Prince can do what I just said. There's the long three, who can play defense and knock down the three, that the Spurs need. It might sound like a lateral move, but Prince is (theoretically, at least) a better fit for the Spurs.

Then in free agency, the Spurs could focus solely on acquiring a shooter on the wing. They wouldn't have to look for someone with length, shooting and adequate defense, which is difficult to find in one when all you have to offer is the LLE or the minimum.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the news that splitter is probably coming over, would it be possible to partner his rights with McDyess and the 20 for a big with some success and higher pick in return?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you pull this trade?

Spurs give:
    McDyess/Splitter's Rights/De Colo's too/20th/Next year's 1st unprotected

Memphis gives:
    Gasol/Young/12th pick

We get a young NBA experienced 7 footer, a young combo 2/3 and move up in the draft.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would you pull this trade?

Spurs give:
    McDyess/Splitter's Rights/De Colo's too/20th/Next year's 1st unprotected

Memphis gives:
    Gasol/Young/12th pick

We get a young NBA experienced 7 footer, a young combo 2/3 and move up in the draft.

No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are kidding me, right? It does look kind of good, with the exception of the unprotected 1st, it should at least be lottery protected.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would think the Spurs would be all over this, I would just wonder if Memphis would do it.

We could reunite Blair and Young. They would be unstoppable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what about RJ/Splitter for Garnett?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take out Splitters rights and Gasol and I'm fine with that deal. Marc himself has said that Tiago is much better than he is. Maybe Marc has gotten a lot better since coming into the NBA, but he would know better than anyone else.
    Funny, Marc is the guy I would compare Splitter's game to as being the most similar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Take out Splitters rights and Gasol and I'm fine with that deal. Marc himself has said that Tiago is much better than he is. Maybe Marc has gotten a lot better since coming into the NBA, but he would know better than anyone else.
    I'd have a hard time dealing Dice (He's one of my favorite players) , but in the end, that's a great trade for the Spurs.

Funny, Marc is the guy I would compare Splitter's game to as being the most similar.
    I dunno, he seems to be a mix of Varejao, and Gasol to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are kidding me, right? It does look kind of good, with the exception of the unprotected 1st, it should at least be lottery protected.
    That trade is moronic beyond belief.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, that's a little better but still I'd pass. Not worth just 8 spots.

I think subtract Splitter and Colo and keep in Gasol but the Spurs throw in Parker might be better.

Moving 8 spots is worth it now because you keep Splitter, Colo and get Gasol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    76ers Still Looking To Make Deals

76ers general manager Ed Stefanski traded center Samuel Damelbert on Thursday, but he's not necessarily done dealing.

"After you come off of a 27-win season, you got to be aggressive," Stefanski said. "We are going to keep looking to see if we can tweak this even more. Yeah, we have to be more active."

He wouldn't name players he is willing to part with or positions he wants to upgrade through a trade.

"I don't know what positions or big needs [need attention], but we will just see the players that we have and what we can get back for them if it makes us better," Stefanski said. "We are not going to make a trade for the sake of making a trade. [Friday], we made a trade that made basketball sense to us."

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...#ixzz0rOf74XgE

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I hate this deal. For one, it looks like a lateral swap, with both guys declining. Secondly, both guys are expiring and we give up a 20th pick. No from this guy here. Let us not forget Jefferson is an extremely durable guy himself too.

Prince is not declining.. the last half of the season (when he wasn't injured for the first time in his career) was the best bball he has ever played.

Seriously the Pistons would be the ones to balk at this not the other way around. Joe likes Prince much more than Rip (that should say something.. well a little something). Prince is worth more than the 20th pick (really not going to count Jefferson because he is a down grade there) alone.. add the fact that he will be a proven player on an expiring contract at the trade deadline and he is worth much much more.. not even going to mention throwing in a second pick from the pistons is pushing it even more.

The only and.. really only way I would see this happening is if the trade was bigger and involved us getting ride of Max and getting back back more expiring or a good prospect on your end that makes $$ match.

But yea.. Joe right now is using Prince to move up in the draft.. not get jefferson and the 20th pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Prince is not declining.. the last half of the season (when he wasn't injured for the first time in his career) was the best bball he has ever played.

Seriously the Pistons would be the ones to balk at this not the other way around. Joe likes Prince much more than Rip (that should say something.. well a little something). Prince is worth more than the 20th pick (really not going to count Jefferson because he is a down grade there) alone.. add the fact that he will be a proven player on an expiring contract at the trade deadline and he is worth much much more.. not even going to mention throwing in a second pick from the pistons is pushing it even more.

The only and.. really only way I would see this happening is if the trade was bigger and involved us getting ride of Max and getting back back more expiring or a good prospect on your end that makes $$ match.

But yea.. Joe right now is using Prince to move up in the draft.. not get jefferson and the 20th pick
    Please keep Prince. You are overrating him. Both players, Jefferson and Prince are of the same age. Prince is now playing on a weak team that is the Detroit Pistons. We give up the 20th pick for a lateral swap. Prince is going to have a lesser role in SA, if he is traded here and his numbers would reflect that. He is putting up numbers on the 7th worst team in the NBA, and not even putting up that much, even though his effiency increased only because he lowered his touches, on a bad team. By my count, Jefferson averaged at least 19 points on the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2008-2009 NBA season, with Bogut out and his team was the 10th worst team. Jefferson will be worth way more at the trade deadline because he is also an expiring contract at 15 million dollars. The only other guy off my head that has a bigger expiring is Kirilenko at 16 million. LOL @ SA taking back Maxiell's contract, or us giving you guys Blair or George Hill. Oh, and where is that Pistons giving SA another pick from? It was definitely not there. Please continue the halluncination that is the Prince + 7th for a higher pick cause it is never going to happen.
    Last edited by Chieflion; 06-21-2010 at 07:01 AM.

Thread Information