Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'd obviously be bought out
    It might not make sense for him to want a buyout...

Where does he go after that? Can he swallow his pride to go play for 7M/year or so somewhere?

There aren't many teams that make sense for him at all.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yak, McD, and JRich make sense in that they are low drama at least.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Where does he go after that? Can he swallow his pride to go play for 7M/year or so somewhere?

There aren't many teams that make sense for him at all.
    So the Spurs could just pay him to stay home then. Either way.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count

if he agrees to a buyout then he'll end up with at least 75% of that 42 million.

everyone who agrees to a buyout winds up signing with another team for pennies on the dollar (compared to their last contract), because of the money from the buyout.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    i'm pretty torn TBH because part of me still wants to see him as a spur.

he doesn't really fit on this roster ... i really think russ needs to play with a true PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    if he agrees to a buyout then he'll end up with at least 75% of that 42 million.

everyone who agrees to a buyout winds up signing with another team for pennies on the dollar (compared to their last contract), because of the money from the buyout.
    Yes, but I'm talking about signing a multi year deal. Otherwise he becomes a nba journeyman for the remainder of his career with declining contracts each year. A buyout is the beginning of the end for him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but I'm talking about signing a multi year deal. Otherwise he becomes a nba journeyman for the remainder of his career with declining contracts each year. A buyout is the beginning of the end for him.
    He’s on the Carmelo arc. A journeyman is literally what he is now. If he accepts that like Carmelo eventually did, he could play another 4 years. If not, he might be done. This is what happens to players who lean heavy on athleticism instead of fundamentals. They age badly and quickly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’s on the Carmelo arc. A journeyman is literally what he is now. If he accepts that like Carmelo eventually did, he could play another 4 years. If not, he might be done. This is what happens to players who lean heavy on athleticism instead of fundamentals. They age badly and quickly.
    Yeah it’s a shame because he can still salvage his legacy, extend his career and help a contender win but he needs to do it asap in the right situation.

Like you made your damn money, go play for an up and coming playoff team and make your mark again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be surprised if Westbrook is in the league next season. Not working out in Houston was the beginning of the end for him. Being traded from LA is the end of the end.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl ain't worth no 1st c'mon man
    Typical casual who doesn't follow the league outside of their own team. Probably looked at his counting stats and concluded he wasn't very good.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    You can resist all you want but someone is taking both them firsts from you guys if you have any attention whatsoever of upgrading your roster while Lebron's abilities are still in his championship window

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Typical casual who doesn't follow the league outside of their own team. Probably looked at his counting stats and concluded he wasn't very good.
    Maybe, maybe not. However, I'd rather the Indy deal. Why? There are at least 4 centers in the west that would worry me: Joker*, Ayton*, Gobert, and maybe Nurk.

Poeltl does not move the needle for me. And given our history, Pop will try to bend us over for Richardson, McBuckets and Poeltl? Naaaaah. Miss me with that nonsense son .

*plays on an expected contender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Pelicans are salivating right now over their pick swap with the Lakers in the next draft. Hopefully the Spurs can be in a similar position in 2026 with Boston. People forget that Scottie Pippen was drafted by Seattle with a pick swap, but then they traded him on draft day. Good article here on how rarely pick swaps convey, but how great they can be in rare cir stances: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/1...aft-swap-picks

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe, maybe not. However, I'd rather the Indy deal. Why? There are at least 4 centers in the west that would worry me: Joker*, Ayton*, Gobert, and maybe Nurk.

Poeltl does not move the needle for me. And given our history, Pop will try to bend us over for Richardson, McBuckets and Poeltl? Naaaaah. Miss me with that nonsense son .

Bend you over?(where is baseline bum)... first round picks 4 to 6 years down the road isn't getting bent over... you do realize you have very little to offer right? If you want something appreciably better than the Spurs package you're gonna have to build something around AD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

LOL bending you over. Westbrook is an extremely negative asset, I don't know why Laker fans can't understand that despite seeing how ty he is every night. He's basically just setting $48 million on fire to whoever trades for him because he is completely unplayable.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    LOL bending you over. Westbrook is an extremely negative asset, I don't know why Laker fans can't understand that despite seeing how ty he is every night. He's basically just setting $48 million on fire to whoever trades for him because he is completely unplayable.
    Which expiring was worst?

2008: Kwame at $9M
    2022: Westbrick at $47M

We saw what Kwame's contract did for Grit & Grind. Remember 8!?

Given the immediate cap relief any team that trades for Russ will get, I ain't getting bent over just to get rid of Russ.

I don't care what you farmers say

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Bend you over?(where is baseline bum)... first round picks 4 to 6 years down the road isn't getting bent over... you do realize you have very little to offer right? If you want something appreciably better than the Spurs package you're gonna have to build something around AD.
    Yup, bent over. History tells me whenever the Lakers lose a franchise player, they suck for a while before poaching another disgruntled star from a small market team:

Last Showtime le: 1988. Kareem retired in 1989. Next le: 2000.

Last Shaq and Kobe le: 2002. Next le: 2010.

Last Kobe and MVPau le: 2010. Next le: 2020.

We know Anthony Day to Day Davis is brittle. Bron will be long gone by 2027, let along 2029.

Whoever the Lakers trade those picks to might win the lottery those years. I can't take a chance on that being the Sp*rs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which expiring was worst?

2008: Kwame at $9M
    2022: Westbrick at $47M

We saw what Kwame's contract did for Grit & Grind. Remember 8!?

Given the immediate cap relief any team that trades for Russ will get, I ain't getting bent over just to get rid of Russ.

I don't care what you farmers say
    Even though Marc Gasol wasn't much of a prospect when that trade was made, you don't even have anyone like that you could throw in this time. No Crittenton either. And now Jerry West works for the Clippers so you're not getting him to just hand you a star like it was 2008 again. Brick is pure cancer. Even when Spencer Haywood almost died in practice he was still aging better than Westbrook.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup, bent over. History tells me whenever the Lakers lose a franchise player, they suck for a while before poaching another disgruntled star from a small market team:

Last Showtime le: 1988. Kareem retired in 1989. Next le: 2000.

Last Shaq and Kobe le: 2002. Next le: 2010.

Last Kobe and MVPau le: 2010. Next le: 2020.

We know Anthony Day to Day Davis is brittle. Bron will be long gone by 2027, let along 2029.

Whoever the Lakers trade those picks to might win the lottery those years. I can't take a chance on that being the Sp*rs
    So instead of competing now you'd rather suck now...and suck when you get to those picks in 4 years....that's some breathtaking logic right there...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So instead of competing now you'd rather suck now...and suck when you get to those picks in 4 years....that's some breathtaking logic right there...
    And LOL sucking right now when NOP gets to swap their pick with the LOLkers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

your LA Avengers are bending over every night

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Even though Marc Gasol wasn't much of a prospect when that trade was made, you don't even have anyone like that you could throw in this time. No Crittenton either. And now Jerry West works for the Clippers so you're not getting him to just hand you a star like it was 2008 again. Brick is pure cancer. Even when Spencer Haywood almost died in practice he was still aging better than Westbrook.
    Dayum

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    your LA Avengers are bending over every night

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We got picks (swaps) but we got em.

And at you tryna force the Spurs to sodomize the Lakers with a ed 14-incher

I'd rather the Indy deal if that's the case

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    DP

Thread Information