Page 180 of 278 FirstFirst ... 80130170176177178179180181182183184190230 ... LastLast
Results 4,476 to 4,500 of 6947
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Malik would be a huge get, no doubt. But do you expect A&M to hire a coach based on a single recruit?
    Yeah, sorry, I meant "smart move" (sarcasm) on Malik's part to pick a school given the nonexistent defensive staff. Like Floss said, he's just dead set on A&M.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Yeah, sorry, I meant "smart move" (sarcasm) on Malik's part to pick a school given the nonexistent defensive staff.
    Oh alright. It is a bit strange, but I hope he does pick A&M. If we lose him because of this, people are going to flip .

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Behind the scenes with Malik Jefferson:http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?story...F2576900%22%7D

"I may not like Texas A&M because they suck right now. I may not like Texas because they suck. But both have so much potential," Jefferson said. "That's what I'm looking at now. To be honest, A&M has twice as much potential."
    "My class, the class that's going to A&M, they're going to have a lot of heart," Jefferson said. "They're going to change that."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    "Want a clue? Malik Jefferson isn't offering many these days."

Yet the article all but states where he's going.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

I don't believe Malik's decision is as complicated as Max Olson is trying to portray I really think he's doing the kid a favor in playing this up to create controversy as anyone could tell where he was leaning. As with Kirkland's announcement I'm making my pick with advanced science by way of twitter. Malik said he was trying to stay off twitter yet his most recent follow was to aggie DE Myles Garrett. So there you have it folks I know this is not a surprise but I had to toss in my input. Malik will be an aggie rejoice all of those in CS.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't believe Malik's decision is as complicated as Max Olson is trying to portray I really think he's doing the kid a favor in playing this up to create controversy as anyone could tell where he was leaning. As with Kirkland's announcement I'm making my pick with advanced science by way of twitter. Malik said he was trying to stay off twitter yet his most recent follow was to aggie DE Myles Garrett. So there you have it folks I know this is not a surprise but I had to toss in my input. Malik will be an aggie rejoice all of those in CS.
    I like your logic.

Post Count
    I think I have stated this a previous post but I am not overly concerned with UT losing 5 star defensive recruits cause I think there system and coaching will always produce an above average product on that side of the ball.

Has shaken hands with #50 ThePop's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think I have stated this a previous post but I am not overly concerned with UT losing 5 star defensive recruits cause I think there system and coaching will always produce an above average product on that side of the ball.
    Cool. Won't win championships without elite talent though.

Post Count
    True, but to say 3 or 4 star players cannot become elite is false..How many 5 star players out of high school at baylor or TCU?

DeAndre McNeal just very recently followed Kyler Murray on twitter. Congrats aggies your clean sweep is looking very promising.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    mormons upset lady horns vb ......................

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Post Count
    Thx for posting..elite coaching can = elite recruiting, its been proven time and time again.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I don't think he was talking about half of the big 12 championship.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't think he was talking about half of the big 12 championship.
    TCU should be in the four team playoff. NCAA politics is the only thing that kept them out.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    And the fact that there's no championship game, so TCU played one less game against decent compe ion. And they play in the big 12 (particularly in a year where both texas and oklahoma are lousy). And they almost lost to kansas last month. And bama or the ducks would slaughter them.

Maybe it was just a fluke that the big 12 got left out, and it has nothing to do with not having a championship game. Next year will probably be a fluke too. Stay at 10 for four or five years to be sure.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Suchomel of OB just came out with a bunch of encouraging stuff for Texas re: McNeal and Jefferson. Quotes they attributed to McNeal from yesterday:

"If I had to predict, I would put it between those three (Texas, Texas A&M, UCLA). But I think he's going to Texas."

"This is a huge class of (Sumlin's) coming in. You have to do something at the front of your program. He shouldn't have fired him when he did. Some kids are on a timeline. If you don't have something in place, you're going to risk losing your place in line," McNeal said.

"The thing I can get from them not having a wide receiver coach is being coached by Sumlin as a wide receiver coach," McNeal said. "But I know my game. I know what I have to do. Whoever they hire, I'll be starting fresh, he'll be starting fresh. He'd be just as open-eyed as I will be."

They're claiming Malik had an unpleasant exchange with Sumlin on Wednesday night about the DC situation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't get your hopes up.

south central hood rat the chronic's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And the fact that there's no championship game, so TCU played one less game against decent compe ion. And they play in the big 12 (particularly in a year where both texas and oklahoma are lousy). And they almost lost to kansas last month. And bama or the ducks would slaughter them.

Maybe it was just a fluke that the big 12 got left out, and it has nothing to do with not having a championship game. Next year will probably be a fluke too. Stay at 10 for four or five years to be sure.

According to Vegas odds right before matchups were official, TCU would have been only a slight underdog to Bama and Oregon (3 pts or less), and would have been a notable favorite versus FSU or Ohio State (6+).

So although your opinion may be a certain team would slaughter them, that was not the opinion of the experts or big money.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...ghorn-network/

Anyone else stoked? Might need to set the DVR.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    So it would be nice to have a good kid like Malik. But recruiting and player development go on. Those stars attached by various recruiting services can change as kids develop physically, or reach their peak early. There are too many examples of overlooked flabby kids maturing and physically mature teenagers not progressing much.

I like the kid, but not his penchant for sharing every moment a fly lands in his soup. I hope he is more even keeled where ever he ends up. Life will find him, there is no magic recipe. When the ACL rips, the concussion occurs, or a bigger fish moves into his spot next season, life will find him. Maybe he will be lucky enough to be good enough to last 3 years in pro ball...

- The Lama
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-19-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Thread Information