Page 184 of 745 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188194234284684 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 18607
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure it can. Even if insurance covers the salary in the event of a catastrophic injury, you're stuck with a HUGE amount of dead money on the cap until it expires. The final year's cap figure would be $49M. What if cord cutting leads to the next TV deal being less, and the cap dropping to 90M? That's only about an 18M drop, but would leave you with only 41M to put together an entire roster.
    Spurs can get injury consideration a year after Leonard's last game played. Unsure what's required to do the Bosh thing where he is still getting paid but has no impact on the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a rumor, chill the out.
    I’m impressed at your ability to post without any misspelled words while Kawhi’s is in your mouth. I suppose it’s because you’ve had so much practice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if someone has said it before but apalisoc=Uncle Dennis.
    Nah...He doesn't know a about Kawhi's and his family but makes 100 threads like he knows something...He's just a bad troll.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m impressed at your ability to post without any misspelled words while Kawhi’s is in your mouth. I suppose it’s because you’ve had so much practice.
    Post a legit link claiming Kawhi wants a no trade clause. Talking gossip like a high school . Gtfo with your pussy ass. Fukin clown. Also go talk to coachmac about your fantasies. Keep me out of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep in mind, during Dwightmare, Dwight asked for a trade during training camp and magic didn't trade him. Halfway through the year, Dwight signed the opt in for the following year. Dwight was traded that offseason. So it's still possible Leonard can sign the opt in, in advance.
    Not the greatest analogy. I think they threatened to trade him to an undesirable location, and he only opted in to go to the Lakers, which is where he wanted to go anyway.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    this asshole. mark aguire bull . burn him up next year. you're gonna give this guy everything he wants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs can get injury consideration a year after Leonard's last game played. Unsure what's required to do the Bosh thing where he is still getting paid but has no impact on the cap.
    If Bosh had been a , he could have put all of that money back on Miami's cap by trying a comeback and playing a certain number of games. He didn't, but I can totally see Kawhi and The Group doing something like that. The only way the money stays off the cap is if he medically retires.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    he "quietly" ed you all year long.

think about that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not really. In the last three seasons, money was the reason why the teams lost their franchise players. Spurs, Bulls and Kings refused to give supermax deals and lost Kawhi, Jimmy Butler and Cousins.

Before, Presti lost Harden for the same reason, too. While Jazz refused to max and give an extension to Hayward, then they matched offer as RFA...which media said it was the begining of Hayward's displeasure in Utah.

Only LMA and KD decisions weren't about money when they left their teams.
    Harden wasn't a Supermax decision. He was traded, LITERALLY, over just a few million dollars over the life of the potential contract. If that were the case in SA, I'd be leading the charge against SSE headquarters. OKC's owner mandated that they never pay the tax, they kept Ibaka, and let Harden slip away. Just overall bad management and decision making. They then paid the tax for B level players PG and Melo. WTF?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're a solid poster with solid points...not denying that. But this Kawhi thing has clouded your judgment.

It might help to step back and view it from a different angle.

Source: Someone that used to be on your side.
    Don't worry, when the Spurs trade Kawhi, we won't talk more about him.

Also, I love our future young team with Murray/White-Walker...If true that we would get some talented guys from Boston, Philly or Charlotte -I wouldn't forget MJ saying that he only would trade Kemba for Kawhi- could be a great season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I swear, YGWHI is such a su ious handle. I seriously doubt someone from San Antonio would pick it. It screams Southern California. It also sounds like a handle somebody who followed Kawhi’s career before he was drafted would select. All I can say for certain, though, is that YGWHI is NOT Bryan Colangelo’s wife.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harden wasn't a Supermax decision. He was traded, LITERALLY, over just a few million dollars over the life of the potential contract. If that were the case in SA, I'd be leading the charge against SSE headquarters. OKC's owner mandated that they never pay the tax, they kept Ibaka, and let Harden slip away. Just overall bad management and decision making. They then paid the tax for B level players PG and Melo. WTF?
    I never said Harden was a supermax decision, I said Presti lost him for being cheap. Like you said, they didn't want to pay tax and kept Ibaka.

That's my point against daslicer's post, most players gets traded or left their teams for money reasons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All I can say for certain, though, is that YGWHI is NOT Bryan Colangelo’s wife.
    Not a KD's fake account either...We can agree on this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So say one of PG/Lebron goes to the lakers next month, does that give more confidence in teams trading for Kawhi or does it stay the same?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said Harden was a supermax decision, I said Presti lost him for being cheap. Like you said, they didn't want to pay tax and kept Ibaka.

That's my point against daslicer's post, most players gets traded or left their teams for money reasons.
    Right, but you lumped his case in with the others. To sign a player or not sign them to a SM deal is a legitimate financial concern for some franchises. Harden's case was just sheer stupidity by Clay Bennett. I don't see all financial decisions as being the same, and wouldn't group Harden with the others, under any cir stance.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Right, but you lumped his case in with the others. To sign a player or not sign them to a SM deal is a legitimate financial concern for some franchises. Harden's case was just sheer stupidity by Clay Bennett. I don't see all financial decisions as being the same, and wouldn't group Harden with the others, under any cir stance.
    No one denies it. I've said before that small market franchises like the Spurs could have issues with those deals, but IMO it's still a money reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they increased their offer but gave Harden a few hours to sign. He didn't, so they traded him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and co have until a date in October to sort things out before the super max is expired. Nothing will happen for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought they increased their offer but gave Harden a few hours to sign. He didn't, so they traded him.
    Nope. They drew a line in the sand, and THEN gave him a few hours. Stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop and co have until a date in October to sort things out before the super max is expired. Nothing will happen for a while.
    At this point, with his health a question mark, and his group wanting a NT clause on the SuperMax so they can control where they go, I don't want the Spurs to offer it. You'd see the same fake injury as last year if they don't get their NT clause, in an attempt to force a trade to a team of their choice. I don't see a path to a resolution where Kawhi stays here and is happy or at least content. He wants out, so there's no reason to cut him a big check as that happens. If he wants LA so badly, he can go there for <= $149M over 4 years, whatever they manage to clear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see why the Spurs don't just give him the $219M and then trade him after a year if he still wants out. They'd have a lot more leverage that way. If they are thinking about keeping him for a year and losing him for nothing, or only getting crappy offers at the trade deadline, why not sign him to the Super Max? That way, there's a much better chance of them getting a better return if they do trade him.

I know people have mentioned that he can't be traded for a year after getting the Super Max, but I wanted to clarify -When would that year start? After his current contract ends, or after the first year he's on the Super Max, or is it simply one year after he signs for it?

Also, any idea of what reason/s Kawhi said for wanting out?

Your scenario suggests your paying one year of crazy money to a disgruntled player who sit out a whole year (for whatever reason you wanna pick) and said he wants to go to LA.

What kind of motivation if he really wants out ?
    What kind of distraction for teammates, team, media...
    how will he handle eventual injuries not to risk anything considering how he did this year ?

If he gets injured, or for some other reasons his value decreases and you ultimately can't trade him, while relationship is really bad...

I'm not sure we will see a lot of those SM contracts in the future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your scenario suggests your paying one year of crazy money to a disgruntled player who sit out a whole year (for whatever reason you wanna pick) and said he wants to go to LA.

What kind of motivation if he really wants out ?
    What kind of distraction for teammates, team, media...
    how will he handle eventual injuries not to risk anything considering how he did this year ?

If he gets injured, or for some other reasons his value decreases and you ultimately can't trade him, while relationship is really bad...

I'm not sure we will see a lot of those SM contracts in the future.
    It gets a better contract to trade to the Celtics (, for example). Big difference between trading now and threatening kathi with just a lower check amount if he walks, without any recompense vs a scenario where money is the same, the team has the right to say no , and they get back something from the Lakers is huge.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It gets a better contract to trade to the Celtics (, for example). Big difference between trading now and threatening kathi with just a lower check amount if he walks, without any recompense vs a scenario where money is the same, the team has the right to say no , and they get back something from the Lakers is huge.
    They're not trading with the Lakers. You need to dump that idea, now. Their position is that they'll field offers from 28 other teams and consider them. They basically hung up on Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one denies it. I've said before that small market franchises like the Spurs could have issues with those deals, but IMO it's still a money reason.
    I legitimately could see a team thinking, “The supermax is 34% more than any other team can offer... let’s float something around 86% of the supermax. That’s still 15% more than what anybody else can do.”
    But the player feels insulted and disrespected, and at that point would rather go elsewhere just on principle.

It’s no excuse for letting emotions take over and failing to honor one’s current contract, but I could see a player thinking, “You talk like we’re family here, but at the end of the day it’s just business.” Which, sincere personal relationships aside, is true and always was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If the Spurs really balked at offering a supermax before all this injury crap then I absolutely support Kawhi in wanting out. Not the crap he's pulled since if that was really the case but for sure wanting out.

After the absolute bull contracts they gave out to Pau, Patty, and Porky previously, cheaping out on Leonard would have been an absolute slap in the face tbh.

Thread Information