Page 189 of 360 FirstFirst ... 89139179185186187188189190191192193199239289 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 8991
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    See above. It's not pining. It's acknowledging uncertainty in a different context. You seem more invested in downplaying Sengun then I am in using him in the context of a broader point. But that's alright.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd much rather get wins off epic Wemby performances than a couple more lottery balls for a crap draft tbh.
    This is where I'm at too. The difference between 1 and 6 isn't that great. Give me positive performances to build on and a pick that has as much chance of panning out as anyone else...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is where I'm at too. The difference between 1 and 6 isn't that great. Give me positive performances to build on and a pick that has as much chance of panning out as anyone else...
    If Amen Thompson or Brandon Miller was in this draft I'd probably be all for the tank in the last ten games, but yeah I don't see much difference in getting Risacher or Buzelis or Topic. Only guy I really like in this draft is Dillingham but he has enormous question marks too so give me a win and an epic Wemby performance we'll still remember 20 years from now over a couple of extra lottery balls any day.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're looking for a Doug McDermott, the player most like him may be Johnny Furphy.
    omg here we go again with Furphy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good analogy - and that's my point. Was it murder, or was it manslaughter? How would we even know?
    Well, the historical record suggests a level of competence on the part of PATFO, so we can hope. Also, if next season turns out significantly better, that would give you a clue. Especially if they start by bringing in a useful vets to show the youngsters how it's done... Say a proper starting-level PG (3 tool threat - shoot, drive, pass)...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah we tanking again next year - Cooper Flagg

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle is playing. So far his defense and passing looks legit. He has a good shot also that looks like it will improve. He is #1 on my board if we drafting around pick 5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah we tanking again next year - Cooper Flagg
    Doubt it, Wemby will be to good for that to be effective, unless they get really blatant in sabotaging him...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would consider drafting Clingan with the TOR pick. He is such a presence inside. He would be nice off the bench when Wemby goes out.
    Last edited by Ditty; 03-30-2024 at 06:26 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Here is a short list of some backup centers who get paid less than Collins once his extension kicks in (dollar figures listed are AAV in millions):

Big Daddy Val - $15.0
    Mitc Robinson - $15.0
    Naz - $14.0
    Zubac - $10.9
    Mo Wagner - $8.0
    Hartenstein - $8.0
    Plumlee - $5.0
    Powell - $4.0
    Drummond - $3.3
    Zeller - $3.2
    T Bryant - $2.7
    Eubanks - $2.5
    Mo Bamba - $2.3

If Collins were a FA, I couldn't see anyone offering him above the MLE, personally, but who knows.
    These are only relevant if they were signed when the cap was equal or close.

Starters: Valanciunas, Robinson, Zubac.

Starting caliber primary backups: Reid (combo big), Hartenstein.

Primary backups: Wagner, Plumlee, Drummond, Eubanks.

Deep bench: Powell, Zeller, Bryant, Bamba.
    Last edited by TD 21; 03-30-2024 at 05:56 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are only relevant if they were signed when the cap was equal or close.

Starters: Valanciunas, Robinson, Zubac.

Starting caliber primary backups: Reid (combo big), Hartenstein.

Primary backups: Wagner, Drummond, Eubanks.

Deep bench: Powell, Zeller, Bryant, Bamba.
    I highlighted the 4 players I think are in roles equivalent to what Collins might be expected to play, and who's contracts were signed recently. In the case of Hartenstein and Drummond, they are in year 2 of a 2 year deal (Drummond opted into Year 2). Wagner and Eubanks signed this past off-season.

So, I'd say that Collins that if Collins were UFA this offseason, he'd probably fetch somewhere between $5-10MM AAV on a two-year deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Castle didn't do much offensively in the first half as it was the Clingan show.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people want or think the Spurs will want Castle. I'd be stunned if they selected him or Holland.

Not only because of need, but if you've listened to Pop throughout the season, he's clearly had it with the lack of shooting, even going so far as to admit recently that they're "behind" in that area.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clingan’s easily been the most impactful player in the tournament. He’s been considerably better in this tourney offensively than he was all season. His 7’2 frame and long arms make him a force defensively. He understands positioning really well offensively. Cerebral player.

He’s an old school Center though — average athlete who can’t shoot — wouldn’t fit next to Wemby. Likely won’t be anything more than a role player at the next level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Other than one nice dunk, Castle’s been a ghost offensively this game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't believe people want or think the Spurs will want Castle. I'd be stunned if they selected him or Holland.

Not only because of need, but if you've listened to Pop throughout the season, he's clearly had it with the lack of shooting, even going so far as to admit recently that they're "behind" in that area.
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like this draft is really overflowing with shooters at the top of the draft. Dillingham and Sheppard bring their own issues (outside of shooting), Risacher appears to be the top shooting prospect but may not be in our range OR may not actually be that good.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There’s an excuse that can be given for a college player who plays on an unselfish team… the problem with Castle is, he’s like the 10th option on anything in the offense. To be not featured on offense at any level should be a major red flag for a team like the Spurs who are in dire need of players who have scoring ability. Castle has no semblance of an offensive game to show any indication that he can be a consistent scorer for any team in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perfect Spur tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup... he's not helped his case tonight...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt it, Wemby will be to good for that to be effective, unless they get really blatant in sabotaging him...
    Some poster said the same thing after we drafted Wemby and now we talking about a top 5 pick. It is a done deal we going to tank next year get a great pick and also get some other lottery picks and that will be our Core for years to come. ;

Draft Express 2025 mock:

#5. Spurs - Hugo Gonzalez - SF
    #8. Spurs - Tre Johnson - SG
    #9 - Spurs - Egor Demin - PG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dunk by Castle! He's upside on both sides of the floor might be too good to pass up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Even when the starters have sat, Castle is showing no initiative. Quite pathetic.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone in this draft has at least 1 major concern (except maybe Knecht...he's pretty solid all around). It comes down to what flaw you think is fixable...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a dunk by Castle! He's upside on both sides of the floor might be too good to pass up.
    yup he's already the best defender and ball handler on the best team in the nation. shown unselfishness with a few dimes tonight as far as offense goes he's not asked to take over but do his part on an already loaded team.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Everyone in this draft has at least 1 major concern (except maybe Knecht...he's pretty solid all around). It comes down to what flaw you think is fixable...
    Yeah, I am starting to think that either Knecht or even Flipowski can be two guys who at worse can be legitimate backups for playoff type teams and even start and help win a few games - Not bad picks using Raptors pick if we get it.... I would not hate Castle pick if the Spurs think they can turn around his shooting

Thread Information