Page 19 of 71 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last year you were sure the Charlotte pick was going to convey this year because they can't tank with Ball on the team and Miller and Williams and Bridges coming back.

You were wrong then as you're wrong again now.
    To be fair Charlotte has played very few games with both players because of Ball's injury. They actually were playing quite well before he got injured after Bridges came back.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They just beat Miami by 24 points, and organization sources have said they aren’t tanking. I’m much more worried about them dropping to 10 or 11 than drawing into the top 6 in the lottery.
    I have to agree with Ex on this.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They are about to move into the 8th slot soon because the Nets are not playing well at all.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair Charlotte has played very few games with both players because of Ball's injury. They actually were playing quite well before he got injured after Bridges came back.
    They weren't playing well with Ball. They were 5-10 before he went out with an injury. They are 0-3 since he's come back, all blowout losses including one to the Spurs.
    They only had one good win against Boston in OT and a two game win streak beating Wash by 3 after the Boston win.
    They were never going to be a playoff team this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamello Ball doesn't win basketball games. The real floor-raiser for Charlotte is Mark Williams.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lamello Ball doesn't win basketball games. The real floor-raiser for Charlotte is Mark Williams.
    He's clearly a game changer for them, remember last year when he was injured and when he was with the team.

And i agree that having both Williams and Ball will change this team but even with that i don't see them winning a lot of games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's clearly a game changer for them, remember last year when he was injured and when he was with the team.

And i agree that having both Williams and Ball will change this team but even with that i don't see them winning a lot of games.
    im pretty sure charlotte has had a total of 4 games with their top 6 guys suited up

Ball/Rozier/Miller/Bridges/Williams and Hayward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like there gonna stall there rebuild and let us have there pick

...Its obviously there gonna tank and try to keep there pick
    lmao they're their their their

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    with both the spurs placement and the raptors protection coming into play, this might be one of the more exciting and impactful draft lotteries in recent spurs memory tbh
    yeah, last year was so boring and inconsequential

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's tough....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That is scary. I hope the NBA is doing what they can to help him get treated.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If this situation is like Bosh's, it's more sad than scary. Basically Koloko will be fine so long as he takes his medication, but the meds will make it impossible for a doc to sign off on him playing a contact sport again. Obviously, that sucks, and unlike Bosh, Christian isn't an end-of-career mega-millionaire who's already won rings. But considering a coach just died young, at least they caught this in time. Hopefully Toronto offers him a coaching/scouting job or otherwise helps him transition to a non-playing career.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more likely we gonna lose raptors pick...Toronto keeps losing and traded their best players.And portland and memphis
    and charlote keep fighting to win games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    more likely we gonna lose raptors pick...Toronto keeps losing and traded their best players.And portland and memphis
    and charlote keep fighting to win games
    Again, Toronto is closer to 11th place than 5th

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m not worried about the pick I still think Raps finish in the 7-11 range for worst record.

The terrible 5 are a lock.

Memphis will lose a lot and end up with the 6th worst record.

Then you have Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, free falling Magic that are on about the same level as the Raptors. Anywhere from 7-11 is where the pick ends up imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Memphis is the key. They’ve been much better than expected even with injuries lately. Need them to lose like 7-8 of next 10 or something

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I’m not worried about the pick I still think Raps finish in the 7-11 range for worst record.

The terrible 5 are a lock.

Memphis will lose a lot and end up with the 6th worst record.

Then you have Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, free falling Magic that are on about the same level as the Raptors. Anywhere from 7-11 is where the pick ends up imo.
    I don’t see Orlando as free falling. They’re a young team. Wouldn’t be surprised if they make a move or two at the deadline. They got a playoff caliber team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Again, it depends on what you mean by 'likely' to not convey.

We have a full half the season to go but the worst five seem pretty set. I suppose it depends - Portland is winning now that Sharpe and Scoot aren't playing much or at all. Memphis has a good coach and is playing off adrenaline. Those won't last.

Even with the 6th worst record, Toronto would be more than half likely to convey.

The current 7th worst record, they are about a two out of three chance to convey.

If they climb up the rankings, they only lose the chance at the 6 and then 6/7 and then 6/7/8, and so on, spots while only incrementally adding percentage points to the chances to convey.

https://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

tbh, with this draft and its weakness, it's not the worst thing in the world to lose the pick to future years

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird in the hand. I want that guaranteed lottery pick this year. Lots SA can do with it and its pretty important IMO, but ya, not end of world IF it gets pushed to next year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bird in the hand. I want that guaranteed lottery pick this year. Lots SA can do with it and its pretty important IMO, but ya, not end of world IF it gets pushed to next year.
    Even though next years draft is better, I'd prefer it conveys thos uear as well for two reasons: 1) it's likely to be a top 10 pick this year and could a good bit worse next year and 2) it'd be a known commodity if we decide to make a trade this summer and need to use it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gaming this out:

Spurs automatically start with two picks in the 2025 draft, their own and Atlanta, with a good chance both will be lottery picks.

Chicago currently is 11th worst record in the NBA hovering just under .500 at 20-23, presently in the play-in. They will lose DDR this summer. Lonzo Ball may come back. Otherwise, significant questions hover over them. The 2025 pick is protected 1-10 next year (following two years, 1-8).

Toronto's pick, if it does not convey, means they will have a top 6 pick added to theri roster along with roster changes this summer with significant cap room opening up. They have a budding star in Barnes and some good pieces. It's hard to imagine they will fall below 6 in the next two years.

Ergo...

If Toronto DOESN'T convey this year, I think it does next. AND, there's a strong chance the Bulls' pick does not convey next year.

Optimal situation is two picks with SAS/TOR this year, two picks SAS/ATL in 2025, two picks SAS/CHI in 2026 (with ATL swap considered)

BUT there's a very good chance of having SAS ONLY this year, three picks SAS/ATL/TOR in 2025, and SAS/CHI in 2026.

There's a non-negligible chance at ONE pick this year SAS, FOUR picks next year SAS/ATL/TOR/CHI and one pick in 2026. That 2025 could be crazy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gaming this out:

Spurs automatically start with two picks in the 2025 draft, their own and Atlanta, with a good chance both will be lottery picks.

Chicago currently is 11th worst record in the NBA hovering just under .500 at 20-23, presently in the play-in. They will lose DDR this summer. Lonzo Ball may come back. Otherwise, significant questions hover over them. The 2025 pick is protected 1-10 next year (following two years, 1-8).

Toronto's pick, if it does not convey, means they will have a top 6 pick added to theri roster along with roster changes this summer with significant cap room opening up. They have a budding star in Barnes and some good pieces. It's hard to imagine they will fall below 6 in the next two years.

Ergo...

If Toronto DOESN'T convey this year, I think it does next. AND, there's a strong chance the Bulls' pick does not convey next year.

Optimal situation is two picks with SAS/TOR this year, two picks SAS/ATL in 2025, two picks SAS/CHI in 2026 (with ATL swap considered)

BUT there's a very good chance of having SAS ONLY this year, three picks SAS/ATL/TOR in 2025, and SAS/CHI in 2026.

There's a non-negligible chance at ONE pick this year SAS, FOUR picks next year SAS/ATL/TOR/CHI and one pick in 2026. That 2025 could be crazy.
    You forgot the other, even less probable but still possible, scenario where we end up with:

-One pick in 2024 (SAS)
    -Five picks in 2025 (SAS, ATL, TOR, CHI, CHA)
    -One pick in 2026 (Best of SAS/ATL)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two picks in 2024:

There are about 6-8 players I'm interested in right now. Otherwise, in the lottery range, I see a lot of dross. Obviously my powers of evaluation are shaky at best and the team will have other ideas. If we DO have two picks, it's sweet to have them all in the 1-9 range because I think things get ty after that. Now, the question is whether those are actually great prospects or whether we're/I'm really pushing it. But it's highly likely two of those preferences will be availalbe with first and Toronto's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got beat hard by Memphis at home.

Thread Information