Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    chet is a ing role player, dude takes 12 shots a game and plays next to a leading MVP candidate who averages 30+ a game

kid has game but he is not on Vic's level overall aside from shooting efficiency which anyone who isnt a smooth brain understands why that is. i'm inclined to take the TD 21 route and claim the media/fans are racist trying to prop up white american dude over black foreigner as their ROY when it's in obvious that is actual rookie doing unheard of and setting records while anchoring a pathetic team on both ends of the court is the real ROY not to mention his senile coach and the fact he plays less MPG..

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    chet is a ing role player, dude takes 12 shots a game and plays next to a leading MVP candidate who averages 30+ a game

kid has game but he is not on Vic's level overall aside from shooting efficiency which anyone who isnt a smooth brain understands why that is. i'm inclined to take the TD 21 route and claim the media/fans are racist trying to prop up white american dude over black foreigner as their ROY when it's in obvious that is actual rookie doing unheard of and setting records while anchoring a pathetic team on both ends of the court is the real ROY not to mention his senile coach and the fact he plays less MPG..
    This is pretty blatantly happening on social media. I’m not sure what’s going on with these journalists, but the suddenly new criteria for ROY is absurd

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet with a monster game against Wizards. 31 pts
    The amount of uncontested shots he gets on that team is ridiculous. Wemby would average 30 on the Thunder

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Victor's usage rate is 30.3%, Chet's is 22.0% (4th on his own team). Victor is the star of his team while Chet is a 4th option. They really aren't comparable other than both being really tall and liking to shoot threes.

Post Count

The desperation to pretend the Warriors dynasty didn't destroy American Youth Basketball and trying to prevent the inevitable that the best players in the NBA for like the next decade are going to know English as a Second Language

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    easiest money ever made

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To give you an idea of casual fan's perspective, a co-worker (who does follow the league as a whole) asked me if I'd rather have Chet over Wemby given the way this season is playing out. After hearing me out, he agreed Wemby is far superior but his initial take was brought on by the fact that Chet's team has elevated while the Spurs are 5-30, so he just assumes Wemby hasn't had a positive impact.

Like it or not, the stink of this horrible team does rub off on Wemby to casual fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a kid led all rookies in ppg, rbds, blks, stls and didn't win ROY? Did it ever happen?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To give you an idea of casual fan's perspective, a co-worker (who does follow the league as a whole) asked me if I'd rather have Chet over Wemby given the way this season is playing out. After hearing me out, he agreed Wemby is far superior but his initial take was brought on by the fact that Chet's team has elevated while the Spurs are 5-30, so he just assumes Wemby hasn't had a positive impact.

Like it or not, the stink of this horrible team does rub off on Wemby to casual fans.
    I think my answer to that question would be I wouldn't trade Victor for Chet+SGA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time a kid led all rookies in ppg, rbds, blks, stls and didn't win ROY? Did it ever happen?
    no

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Triple double. Clear ROY. ing bum ass Chet.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think my answer to that question would be I wouldn't trade Victor for Chet+SGA
    I love Wemby and hope that he stays a Spurs forever but Chet+SGA is hard to pass even for Wemby. Do you think that Wemby + Vassel will be superior to Chet+SGA?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby could average a triple double the rest of the season and people would still give Chet ROTY. They've decided team success suddenly matters because Wemby didn't go to their favorite team ...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love Wemby and hope that he stays a Spurs forever but Chet+SGA is hard to pass even for Wemby. Do you think that Wemby + Vassel will be superior to Chet+SGA?
    I really love Holmgren and think I rate him higher than most here, but Victor is such an unreal combination of size, speed, athleticism, basketball IQ, touch, and compe iveness and despite playing in a terrible situation he seems right on track to live up to his tremendous pre-draft hype. It's amazing how much he has grown just in these first 2.5 months of the season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby could average a triple double the rest of the season and people would still give Chet ROTY. They've decided team success suddenly matters because Wemby didn't go to their favorite team ...
    Early season when Victor was getting pushed around a lot and couldn't score against SF on the block I understood the Chet ROY talk, especially when Chet was shooting 60% from the field and 50% from the three. Against Victor as he stands today though nah Victor is the ROY.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really love Holmgren and think I rate him higher than most here, but Victor is such an unreal combination of size, speed, athleticism, basketball IQ, touch, and compe iveness and despite playing in a terrible situation he seems right on track to live up to his tremendous pre-draft hype. It's amazing how much he has grown just in these first 2.5 months of the season.
    and I agree but you said Chet PLUS SGA for Wemby. Hopefully, the Spurs will find a SGA-like player to put next to Wemby.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait for Wembys prime. He's gonna be the GOAT.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait for Wembys prime. He's gonna be the GOAT.
    again I agree but baseline put SGA in the trade as well. Hard to pass on 31 points (shooting 55%), 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2.4 steals + Chet

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and I agree but you said Chet PLUS SGA for Wemby. Hopefully, the Spurs will find a SGA-like player to put next to Wemby.
    It's like saying I wouldn't have traded Magic Johnson for Clyde Drexler and Kevin McHale if they were on the same team. Both amazing players but Magic was someone the league had never seen before (or since). Victor looks like he could end up another game-breaking player like Magic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    again I agree but baseline put SGA in the trade as well. Hard to pass on 31 points (shooting 55%), 6 rebounds, 6 assists, 2.4 steals + Chet
    Put it this way, would you trade Lebron James for Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Really hate the Chet bashing here and elsewhere. That dude is a stud and I wished somehow, we could have drafted him. This guy is in my opinion already all-star level and should defiantly be ROY of last season. Absolutely not even close this season of. Wemby on the other hand is absolutely special in everyway. ROY this year should be a no brainer. I think he's easily an allstar and should be defensive player of the year as well. Probably All-NBA 2nd team at the lowest. Instead of ting on Chet everyone should be pointing out just how much better Wemby is than Chet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's like saying I wouldn't have traded Magic Johnson for Clyde Drexler and Kevin McHale if they were on the same team. Both amazing players but Magic was someone the league had never seen before (or since). Victor looks like he could end up another game-breaking player like Magic.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Put it this way, would you trade Lebron James for Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh?
    Chet has more potential than Bosh, Bosh was never a good three point shooter or good shot blocker. 2008-2009 Wade is a good comparison with SGA so I'd take Wade at his peak + young Scottie Pippen over a young Lebron James

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chet has more potential than Bosh, Bosh was never a good three point shooter or good shot blocker. 2008-2009 Wade is a good comparison with SGA so I'd take Wade at his peak + young Scottie Pippen over a young Lebron James
    Pippen is a wildly underrated player IMO, and SGA isn't Prime Wade just yet. Scottie never was the same after his back injury in 98 and because of that people forget how amazing he was before then.

Thread Information