Page 191 of 281 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191192193194195201241 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 7004
    Post Count
    ^I agree. How is LSU an upgrade from Florida State (at least one worth moving for when Jimbo has already won a national championship at FSU)?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    - Note: Higdon is absolutely refusing to talk about Sonny $#@!bie, which is weird considering he's freely talking about other OC candidates. Keeps changing the subject whenever his name is brought up.
    Shame to hear that on Gilbert.

I believe bie is the #1 guy right now.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Explain to me why Jimbo would make that move. I'm not saying LSU isn't an incredible job (it is) but so is Florida State and he has a much easier road to the playoff in the ACC. It's the definition of a lateral move.
    I suspect this is what everyone will realize when LSU hires someone else. It seems really obvious to me, too, but so many people keep claiming otherwise that I'm doubting myself.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Shame to hear that on Gilbert.

I believe bie is the #1 guy right now.
    Can someone enlighten me on Gilbert? I don't know anything about him, but isn't Montgomerys fingerprints all over that offense?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Can someone enlighten me on Gilbert? I don't know anything about him, but isn't Montgomerys fingerprints all over that offense?
    http://www.tulsahurricane.com/coaches.aspx?path=&rc=2

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I haven't been around long enough to know about this guy, but he broke the news about Mack being hired in 1997 and he never posts.

He just went on OrangeBloods and said that "Strong will leave after the season."

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's just hard to believe he will just bail...especially after all his recent quotes about finishing what you start and telling his players he's not going anywhere. It would fly in the face of everything he's built his image on. No one would ever buy his "core values" again. I don't see him going anywhere after this season unless he's forced out.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's just hard to believe he will just bail...especially after all his recent quotes about finishing what you start and telling his players he's not going anywhere. It would fly in the face of everything he's built his image on. No one would ever buy his "core values" again. I don't see him going anywhere after this season unless he's forced out.
    It depends on these last two games. If he's embarrassed twice more, there could be a deluge of complaints and big money vying for control. He really needs to win the Tech game and show in the Baylor game against the third string quarterback.

Post Count
    agree..

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's not about walking out of the job, it's about getting fired. His word will prevail no matter what.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    Explain to me why Jimbo would make that move. I'm not saying LSU isn't an incredible job (it is) but so is Florida State and he has a much easier road to the playoff in the ACC. It's the definition of a lateral move.
    From what I've heard, it would be personal reasons. Might need a change of scenery. Regardless, that's who the powers that be at LSU expect to be our next football coach. They're all in on a flush draw, and the river better come up spades or LSU is screwed. I'm terrified.

My Team
    LSU Tigers
    Post Count
    I suspect this is what everyone will realize when LSU hires someone else. It seems really obvious to me, too, but so many people keep claiming otherwise that I'm doubting myself.
    I don't think our administration decided willy nilly to throw their hat in the ring of the coaching carousel this year unless they have a sure thing lined up. If they're willing to put up $20 million this year to send Miles packing, they aren't doing it to hire Herman or Fuente. They mean business. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part, but there's too much at stake to screw this up.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    From what I've heard, it would be personal reasons. Might need a change of scenery. Regardless, that's who the powers that be at LSU expect to be our next football coach. They're all in on a flush draw, and the river better come up spades or LSU is screwed. I'm terrified.
    Well, good luck. It's just weird, that's all.

Personal reasons like Florida State is about to get hit with sanctions, or personal reasons i.e. family?

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't think our administration decided willy nilly to throw their hat in the ring of the coaching carousel this year unless they have a sure thing lined up. If they're willing to put up $20 million this year to send Miles packing, they aren't doing it to hire Herman or Fuente. They mean business. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part, but there's too much at stake to screw this up.
    Whats confusing to me (sorry to derail further, TFloss) is that Texas is in a similar boat (it'll be in the same range to get rid of Strong) but the fans are focused on Herman. Like you said, if you're going to spend $20m, why do it for another ex-G5 coach?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I haven't been around long enough to know about this guy, but he broke the news about Mack being hired in 1997 and he never posts.

He just went on OrangeBloods and said that "Strong will leave after the season."

There's a few other old timers who rarely post coming out of the wood works, confirming this is true. Something must of went down this morning.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    There's a few other old timers who rarely post coming out of the wood works, confirming this is true. Something must of went down this morning.
    If this is all true, I think something went down very recently.

And I didn't think twice about it, but I thought the timing of the post was interesting after news broke about Herman.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Whats confusing to me (sorry to derail further, TFloss)
    No derailment. It's all relevant, bud.

Especially if UT is about to be in the market for a new coach.

Musical chairs all over the country.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Sounds to me like a bunch of donors trying to make some noise.

Believe.
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think you're right. Nobis60 (I believe it's the same nobis60 who writes for Barking Carnival) posted this on IT:

Absent something truly bizarre behind the scenes, it does feel more like a self-fulfilling prophecy attempt than hard news. Take a look and realize that God's actual middle finger has once more split the clouds, Monty Python sketch-style, to take out Vahe/Foreman/Gray and render a game against the nation's pre-eminent red carpet run defense into a toss-up. Push the chips to the middle of the table now and try to get someone to run with a "Perrin and Fenves were just bull****ting/Charlie really IS looking to leave" narrative for ten days running up to Baylor. Fervently hope that Baylor absolutely runs your alma mater, and then hope that if nothing else the chatter has helped to sufficiently hinder recruiting and kneecap the OC search such that Perrin and Fenves have to re-evaluate the prospects for 2016 and beyond.

I'd love to see someone in the know compile the Venn diagram intersection of BMDs who were in the mix in 1997 and pouty that Barnett didn't receive the nod with the group that have been in Defcon 1 Pout since January '14 to triangulate the good barrister's patron.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    these assholes.

My Team
    Miami Hurricanes
    Post Count
    So, assuming that Charlie was to leave, voluntarily or otherwise. What grandslam hire could realistically be made? Chip Kelly?

Thread Information