Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    That's because he's never faced Hakeem. The GOAT himself doesn't even know how big of a he'd take on Hakeem if they met in 94 and 95.

Name for me a center that MJ ever faced that was at Hakeem's skill level...he ted on Ewing and all the les he won he never faced a guy like that African...that African was a cold mutha er...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The nigerian would've been crapped on if he ever saw 2003 Duncan and 2001 Shaq. Too bad he was too busy being a scrub on the raptors

A prime Duncan or Shaq didn't simply have the foot speed to stay with a Prime Hakeem...also Hakeem had too many moves and his jumper was like a point guards..the day that Timmy or Shaq could shot that rock and defend the basket like that African...then come holla at me

Soft Like Twinkie Filling Juggity's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Name for me a center that MJ ever faced that was at Hakeem's skill level...he ted on Ewing and all the les he won he never faced a guy like that African...that African was a cold mutha er...
    MJ faced Hakeem a bunch of times and never dropped less than 22 points on him

Link

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Very entertaining thread, tbh. But yeah,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    is this real life?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I can't wait until the young fans start saying mj is overrated in a few years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem is the best C ever IMO

I dont give a if Wilt scored 1000000 pts in a game or averaged 50 rbds/game, Dream would make him dizzy in a jiffy

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't wait until the young fans start saying mj is overrated in a few years.
    They're called Kobe fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This surely is a troll thread but I don't think Iris is a troll.. confused. It's hard to be the record holder in blocks and be on D plus the multiple DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem was not overrated. No one who's retired now is overrated by the other retired players. Maybe the games you saw didn't impress you or you have short term memory, but Hakeem would destroy any center in the league today, no questions asked.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They're called Kobe fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's because he's never faced Hakeem. The GOAT himself doesn't even know how big of a he'd take on Hakeem if they met in 94 and 95.

Banned
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    This surely is a troll thread but I don't think Iris is a troll.. confused. It's hard to be the record holder in blocks and be on D plus the multiple DPOY
    I'm neither a troll or making a troll thread. All i'm doing is speaking the truth, that a guy like Hakeem shouldn't be considered as better than Duncan and Shaq.

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    dream would dreamshake big ty so hard his little wang would flop one way and his body would flop the other

Banned
    My Team
    Miami Heat
    Post Count
    Led the Rockets to a repeat only when Michael Jordan retired and the Lakers didn't get Shaq yet. He's a good offensive player but plays no D and doesn't get called out for it. Beat a cinderella Knicks team in 7 games and beat an immature Shaq.
    we not talkin' bout steve nash, are we? hakeem plays no D and he was like the all-time leader in rebs and the runner up in blocks, is that even possible? i don't like the rockets nor the H-town which's the dumbest major US city imho but you gotta show some respect to hakeem tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep...MJ said his top 5 all time is:

MJ
    Hakeem
    Magic
    Bird
    *Pippen...

* we all know he'd replace Pippen with Kobe but it's just not the PC thing to say
    And MJ has sure shown a penchant for evaluating talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Give me some of what you're smoking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He got dpoy twice n probably would have stopped Jordan least one year if he never left nba
    I don't agree. Jordan won 6 times in a row when playing the full season, and beat much better teams than the Rockets en-route to every single one of those 6 times.

When you look at 1991-1998, the worst two champions were Hakeem's two Rockets teams by a wide margin. The worst losing teams were very arguably the two teams Hakeem beat for the le.

So to say Hakeem, captaining the worst two championship teams in an 8 year span, would've beat the best championship team in that span, is ludicrous.

Especially when you consider that the best Bulls teams were from 92-93 and '96. Literally book ending Hakeem's les. That's because those were Jordan's peak years. Hakeem would've beat peak Jordan? Gimmie a break. . .only happens if Jordan got hit by a car before the series.

Rodman would have shut him down easy.
    Rodman was guarding Hakeem a lot of the time in the series Hakeem lit up the Spurs. He gets no blame for Hakeem going off even though Hakeem pretty much scored 2/3rds of his points on him. So no, Rodman wouldn't have shut him down since he's a massively overrated defensive player who frequently didn't contest shots because he wanted that extra second or so to get in position for another rebound. Kevin Love does the same . Stay in front, rarely contest (or contest weakly), get the rebound.

except i dont think anyone of those guys would of been able to gaurd hakeem
    I would take my chances with a prime Duncan guarding him. He doesn't bite on fakes for blocks very often like the other 4 do, and is taller/longer than Hakeem. Hakeem would on Howard, KG, and Rodman though. Not sure about Wallace, but probably would on him too since imo he's worse defensively than Robinson was.

Of course, Hakeem's offense beating other people's defense doesn't mean anything in relation to their defense being arguably better than Hakeem's offense. Hakeem couldn't stop Hakeem either. He'd on a clone of himself too.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    It takes a huge leap to say MJ would of won 5 straight les. You could see how much winning those first 3 and he was in his prime and the best player by far. I think they 4 peat in 94 but if dream and drexler team up still I like the Rox in 95, MJ or not. I do agree that the 94 finals was weaker and more boring than the series with spurs nets even though people give the Spurs .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hakeem is rated accurately by the media and other players, but he's probably overrated on the Internet, tbh..

above average height mavs>spurs's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    on the flip side, op's momma was pretty underrated back in her day actually man that can go

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    dream would dreamshake big ty so hard his little wang would flop one way and his body would flop the other
    real talk...you may not realize it because you do it so often..but for a white racist you sure are riding the BLACK / AFRICAN MAN's like WHITE ON RICE...

go ahead lil homie do ya thug thizzle

My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    LOL calling the Knicks a cinderella team. They were 2nd in the East that season. Irishock continues to prove what a dumb he is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those 2 finals years....ppl think he played like that his whole career...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    those 2 finals years....ppl think he played like that his whole career...

Thread Information