Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know all about your 911 sperm shielding thread, random cuck. I'll go there if I want to watch you sperm shield on the subject.
    Damn, Chumpdumper is right. You fold quicker than a $2 lawn chair.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cos you are unable to glean my take from what I've said, Troglodyte Lite?
    why are you so scared to state it outright? just making room to hedge

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We know all about your 911 sperm shielding thread, random cuck. I'll go there if I want to watch you sperm shield on the subject.
    Checked. You didn't have a theory there either. Not two years ago, not today.

Again, Chumpy has you pegged on this one. Or I do. I think my theory is pretty sound, i.e. you don't really believe it was "an inside job", and are just being a dip about it to troll people, and not even very well at that.

Der Willis der Spurs wird siegen! FlAVaK's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing disprove this.
    Butt would it feel good...?

Friction is the great energy transfer machine that turns many forms of mechanical energy to heat.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What If the Earth Was Flat?

https://www.livescience.com/what-if-flat-earth.html

Led by the ignorant evangelical Bible humpers, ignorant Americans make up ANY OLD and believe it.

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pronouns: Your/Dad TheGreatYacht's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TGY not answering the question. just spamming youtubes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some flat earthers did exactly that. Paid $25,000 or so for the instrument. And found their measurement was exactly what was predicted by a spherical earth.
    Homeschooling can get expensive in the long run, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dnr;tl

This video could have been hours long.
    Or possibly very short.
    I’m pretty sure if the flat earth was a massive as a our round Earth is it would slide or crumple in on itself and form a hot sphere. Every little piece of the outside of a disc would have a force pulling it inward just as on our round earth, but support from a normal force would be lacking on many parts. Im thinking it would depend on how thick the disc was. The outer “skin” of the disc (especially pieces further from the middle of the disc) would slide towards the middle of the disc in my thinking; none or little supporting normal force to stop this inward gravitational pull. So the flat earth ers would have to think up something to alter current ideas about gravity as the video also showed.

If the disc was spinning the effect mentioned above could take longer. If the disc was spinning fast enough it could tear itself apart into smaller bits (then you would have to explain how it even got to such a fast rotation.)

We need a planetary geologist astrophysics type to model this a flat earth on a computer and then let her run; could be really interesting if the flat earth ers could give a starting point disc with numbers describing it. ( and good luck with that)
    Last edited by pgardn; 11-26-2019 at 11:31 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Homeschooling can get expensive in the long run, tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s more just willful ignorance.

I don’t think the majority who do believe the Earth is round can give fairly easy to understand reasoning of why we believe it’s round instead of their better understanding of why being flat presents so many problems.

And this, imo, leads right to the climate change denial. They can’t trust people who have the intellect and background to study climate all their lives. Because they must be liberals if they are scientists... and when the press takes some of the findings and makes apocalyptic future forecasts that are on very shaky ground with the modeling.

Most people who understand our current energy infrastructure understand we must have hydrocarbons for certain energy needs because we don’t have batteries or electric motors capable of supplying lots of energy quickly. (Better said watts)
    Really big loads that need to be moved are suited to hydrocarbon, rockets (some with liquid hydrogen with huge oxygen inputs) or nuclear energy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it’s more just willful ignorance.

I don’t think the majority who do believe the Earth is round can give fairly easy to understand reasoning of why we believe it’s round instead of their better understanding of why being flat presents so many problems.

And this, imo, leads right to the climate change denial. They can’t trust people who have the intellect and background to study climate all their lives. Because they must be liberals if they are scientists... and when the press takes some of the findings and makes apocalyptic future forecasts that are on very shaky ground with the modeling.

Most people who understand our current energy infrastructure understand we must have hydrocarbons for certain energy needs because we don’t have batteries or electric motors capable of supplying lots of energy quickly. (Better said watts)
    Really big loads that need to be moved are suited to hydrocarbon, rockets (some with liquid hydrogen with huge oxygen inputs) or nuclear energy.
    they are pouring billions into battery research, so that energy density argument may not hold for much longer.

I would also point out that "must have" for hydrocarbon works just as much for "must have a stable climate".

Choose one or the other, but not both.

We will have to limit or reduce CO2 emissions some way.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that isn't happening now or anytime soon,

a report this week says we are over 400 PPM, highest in 3M years.

GHG emissions are increasing and NOBODY and NOTHING are stopping the increase.

Any talk about "averting climate catastrophe" is pure silliness

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that isn't happening now or anytime soon,

a report this week says we are over 400 PPM, highest in 3M years.

GHG emissions are increasing and NOBODY and NOTHING are stopping the increase.

Any talk about "averting climate catastrophe" is pure silliness
    I have come to conclude you are right. The fossil fuel industry has successfully funded enough plausible propaganda to where they have an army of useful idiots like Darrin, and DMC.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why are you so scared to state it outright? just making room to hedge
    You really going to the hole for that pretend w like your hero would do.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really what i want to do... its really up to you whether you want to give your take or not

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The earth is not flat. It is roughly spherical.

Basically that's all you need to say to make yourself clear and remove any doubt as to what you think.

You can't do that.

lol you

Now cry about it.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not really what i want to do... its really up to you whether you want to give your take or not
    Well, my takes are already sufficient. I'm not bothered by your racking up pretend W's, Lite. I would figure you would know this by watching all of Chump's desperate grasps for attention.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, my takes are already sufficient. I'm not bothered by your racking up pretend W's, Lite. I would figure you would know this by watching all of Chump's desperate grasps for attention.
    The Crying

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they are pouring billions into battery research, so that energy density argument may not hold for much longer.

I would also point out that "must have" for hydrocarbon works just as much for "must have a stable climate".

Choose one or the other, but not both.

True.

Bottom line is it will cost money to begin with. People are not ready to invest in the future imo.
    The battery that will power an electric motor strong enough to move loads like we have in shipping are far off imo. They must be small. And if there is that much energy is something as small as its going to have to be, it has the possibility of being very reactive (like nuclear and there will be waste most likely unless the can make it feasible to have a small rechargeable battery that is very high energy; this is hard) .

We need to offer up more research in this area. Because it is very difficult right now. In energy you rarely get something for nothing. The sun of course lets us make this sort of untrue. But solar cells charging the right kind of battery... Needs to be done, could end up being very dangerous. Something that is relatively small and contains lots of energy is usually on the edge of very energetic release. Like a bomb. Its almost like the battery would be on the precipice of releasing a a whole lot of energy, just needs a kick.
    So hydrocarbons will remain for some duty (moving big loads), unless you want nuclear freighters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG

I also failed to mention we might be closer to moving energy to the source that needs it through EM waves.
    Problem involve targeting only the source you want to use the energy because as much energy one would need to do big work can interfere with a lot of other things we already use.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Review all my posts in this thread and tell me what is obviously my answer.

The Desperation

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    RG

I also failed to mention we might be closer to moving energy to the source that needs it through EM waves.
    Problem involve targeting only the source you want to use the energy because as much energy one would need to do big work can interfere with a lot of other things we already use.
    Large scale solar satellites are already on the drawing board. Just need to solve jitter problem tho.

Thread Information