Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The 76'ers are running their team like they are value investors purchasing financial assets. There is a complete dehumanizing aspect of what they are doing. Every asset is picked up at their lowest point (injured players and stash guys) and sold at their highest point (thinking about trading Michael Carter-Williams.

What does that do to a franchise? Teams are drafting me cause I'm injured and they are happy that I am so they can get me. After I work my ass off to improve as a player, they trade me away mid-season before I get a better contract.

Is this model going to have the necessary team chemistry and positive environment to win? This is the most dramatic form of advanced stats team building I have ever seen.

Under this model, Manu Ginobili would have been traded tonight for the 16th and 19th and next year's 1st round pick. Tony Parker would be traded coming off the championship for the #4, 12 and next year's 1st round pick. Kawhi Leonard would be traded for the 1st overall and Dion Waiters.

You seriously going to win when all your players know they are just pawns?

The Spurs combine advanced stats with loyalty and chemistry. 76'ers look like they are purely doing financial assets with their hedge fund owners.
    Chicago Cubs since new ownership have been doing it for years and making bank while losing 100+ every year. No intentions of actually winning since more money can be made by spreading the propaganda of "next year" and "the future" while tanking for picks and trading dudes every time they're about to get paid.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    called it.

Thread Information