Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird how almost nobody cared about this record. Is it bc Kareem held it and nobody gives a flip about him? Is it bc Lebron is annoying? I don’t know. But Aaron Judge got way more play for breaking the AL home run record than Lebron actually breaking a real record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm still trying to see who his a few Celtics who he puts ahead of LeBron are.
    in before but but Bird IQ tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe LeBron is the greatest player of his generation, of the last 20 years, since Michael. Better than Kobe or Duncan or Shaq. Better than where Durant or Steph will end up by the end of their careers. I do leave it open for a few of the younger guys like Freak, Joker, Luka whether they can continue on a career trajectory to be in that conversation. Likely not, but won’t close that door yet.

I also think LeBron is firmly in the conversation of Goat with Michael and Wilt and Kareem, depending on what your personal criteria is. Russell too if rings alone weigh big in your opinion. But with almost every Goat debate, I think LeBron ends up behind the likes of Michael or Wilt or Russell. I think he’s passed Kareem, and has arguments against both Wilt and Russell. Against Mike, it would be more complicated and you’d have to ignore some things. I do think he has an argument of being the most complete basketball player ever in terms of being good to great at pretty much every aspect of the game, with his ideal combination of size, athleticism, natural talent, skill, IQ, and actual production as a result of that talent.

Most of his career, I’ve found LeBron unlikable and annoying. Last few years, even more so because of how he’s whined about a team situation, a losing situation, he himself created. But objectively, his on the court resume, including now the all time scoring record, is spectacular and impressive.
    +1

Dude is all time scorer shooting the ball over 50% then he is above 7 assists per game and 7 rebounds. One thing that is also spectacular is that he is so consistent over the years while playing for 3 different teams. His stats today are extremely comparable to his cleveland years and Miami. One can think what the they want about the man but dude is an all time great.. no question

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that makes absolutely no sense

Failing ? dude is 40 y/o and still top 5 in today's NBA, he cannot carry anymore the corpses of AD and Westbrick and that's your argument to sustain that his legacy is decreasing ?

the main argument to discard 60s and 70s is not the pace of the game but the fact they played against 6'0 white hair dressers. If Lebron is barely a top 10 all time, Kobe is what ? a top 100 ?

The only argument today to not put him at the pinnacle all time is MJ

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in before but but Bird IQ tho

also : cRaFtY, uNaThLeTic

Bruh it's not like the league was super athletic in the 80s

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    Nobody thinks Brady is the GOAT for having the most passing yards amongst QB's It's all about the rings, playoff comebacks and game winning drives.

This is just a longevity achievement and should be treated as such. Lebron was lucky enough to not sustain any long term injuries, unlike guys like Kobe, Durant or Jordan, who most likely holds the record had he not retired twice.

Imo 38K+ points should have translated to more than just 4 rings in 20 years, otherwise it's just empty stats.

NBA stars padding their numbers on mediocre teams are a dime a dozen throughout league history.

That's why i'll always hold MJ in higher regard than Lebron, because there's still an HoF career separating the two, even though MJ had a much shorter nba career.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody thinks Brady is the GOAT for having the most passing yards amongst QB's It's all about the rings, playoff comebacks and game winning drives.

This is just a longevity achievement and should be treated as such. Lebron was lucky enough to not sustain any long term injuries, unlike guys like Kobe, Durant or Jordan, who most likely holds the record had he not retired twice.

Imo 38K+ points should have translated to more than just 4 rings in 20 years, otherwise it's just empty stats.

NBA stars padding their numbers on mediocre teams are a dime a dozen throughout league history.
    So of course insert Jordan on the crappy teams Lebron has played for and of course Jordan would lead them to rings.

Slurp slurp

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    So of course insert Jordan on the crappy teams Lebron has played for and of course Jordan would lead them to rings.

Slurp slurp
    Crappy teams

Besides his first stint in Cleveland, Lebron has been surrounded by All Stars and Hall of Famers for most of his career. He certainly had much more help than Jordan did, that's not debatable at this point.
    Last edited by Donald Sterling.; 02-08-2023 at 04:04 PM.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Slurp slurp
    yes, insert Jordan on the Miami 2011 team and he wont get raped by JJ Barea. This guy has been on super teams for almost 15 year and he has 4 rings. Pretty sad for a guy people consider a goat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gotta say when I watched Kareem retire I thought that record would never be broken, as players usually retire after 10 or 12 years. Someone playing 20 years was really unheard of. Jordan, the greatest scorer of all time not being able to break the record more or less confirmed it. Then Malone came close, and kobe, and Dirk. Now finally Lebron did it and will build upon it, and he’s likely going to break 40k points when all is said and done.

And they guy isn’t even supposed to be a scorer!

He’s also #4 in assists. No one to 20 in scoring is anywhere close to top 20 in assists, and vice versa. It’s really insane.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes, insert Jordan on the Miami 2011 team and he wont get raped by JJ Barea. This guy has been on super teams for almost 15 year and he has 4 rings. Pretty sad for a guy people consider a goat.
    Beat the Golden gots with JR Smith and Tristian Kardashian.
    nough said.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Stopping the game 10 seconds before end of 3 q, for like 10 minutes was stupid and lame. I can't imagine anyone doing that in real sports compe ion.
    Yeah, at least let the quarter end before doing the whole dog & pony show

the whole thing felt so contrived too (as most things involving lebron are, tbh)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crappy teams

Besides his first stint in Cleveland, Lebron has been surrounded by All Stars and Hall of Famers for most of his career. He certainly had much more help than Jordan did, that's not debatable at this point.
    *Only 7 years his first stint in Cleveland.
    So that leaves 13.
    Yes other then one good year from head case Kyrie Irving and the Heatles, do indeed tell how he was "surrounded by All Stars and HOFs".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Beat the Golden gots with JR Smith and Tristian Kardashian.
    nough said.
    You kinda forgot All-Stars Kyrie and Kevin Love... And why use JR as something bad. The guy was at that time one of the best role players in the league, same goes for Thompson. Anyone that thinks that Cleveland team was bad, is pretty stupid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You kinda forgot All-Stars Kyrie and Kevin Love... And why use JR as something bad. The guy was at that time one of the best role players in the league, same goes for Thompson. Anyone that thinks that Cleveland team was bad, is pretty stupid.
    Except Irving broke his knee in the 2015 playoffs and Love was not an All Star in the 2016 Chip year.

Anyone who thinks Lebron was not the driving force behind beating the 73 win gots is on crack.
    2015 Lebron was hands down the Finals MVP, regardless of what rigged media said.

And who did Jordan have for help? Sure as would not have stepped into a lot of the teams Lebron has had and won.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crappy teams

Anthony Davis in street clothes for half the 2020-21 season, half of the 2021-22 season, and nearly half of the 2022-23 season is supposed to be this amazing supporting cast?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Anthony Davis in street clothes for half the 2020-21 season, half of the 2021-22 season, and nearly half of the 2022-23 season is supposed to be this amazing supporting cast?
    thats who lebron decided to hitch his wagon to. same with westbrook. he shouldnt simply get a pass for that tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    thats who lebron decided to hitch his wagon to. same with westbrook. he shouldnt simply get a pass for that tbh
    If we're factoring in being a ty GM it doesn't really make Jordan look any better tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He stood up for black people though. Unlike jordan, who pitted blacks against one another and made billions out of Chinese slave labour.
    Let's not forget that MFer invested in prisons.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Except Irving broke his knee in the 2015 playoffs and Love was not an All Star in the 2016 Chip year.

Anyone who thinks Lebron was not the driving force behind beating the 73 win gots is on crack.
    2015 Lebron was hands down the Finals MVP, regardless of what rigged media said.

And who did Jordan have for help? Sure as would not have stepped into a lot of the teams Lebron has had and won.
    of course LeBron was the best player on the team, i am not saying he wasn't. But Kyrie had a great year and was phenomenal in the playoffs. I'd say the same for Love, who was still producing 16&10. If you compare the both teams I don't really see why would the Warriors be so much better, other than that regular season record. Both teams had their big 3 and I think LeBron was the better player than Steph at the time... Now if Cleveland defeated them with the Beta next season, that would be a giant surprise and a huge achievement for LeBron.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    So he helped get bad people off the streets in black neighborhoods?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    of course LeBron was the best player on the team, i am not saying he wasn't. But Kyrie had a great year and was phenomenal in the playoffs. I'd say the same for Love, who was still producing 16&10. If you compare the both teams I don't really see why would the Warriors be so much better, other than that regular season record. Both teams had their big 3 and I think LeBron was the better player than Steph at the time... Now if Cleveland defeated them with the Beta next season, that would be a giant surprise and a huge achievement for LeBron.
    Ya I'm sure replacing Lebron with Jordan on the 2017 Warriors collusion Durbeta team would have resulted in a Cavs win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ya I'm sure replacing Lebron with Jordan on the 2017 Warriors collusion Durbeta team would have resulted in a Cavs win.
    did i say that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan's a coon, but that's fake news

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You said this:

Sure seems like swapping Jordan and Lebron out for years would be a good measurement.

Thread Information