My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh. He was no longer on the Nuggets?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    holy , orlando can sign lebron and carmelo and they still get to keep the #4 overall? roll out oladipo/exum/vucevic with lebron/carmelo. that's a load of young talent.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chinook doesn't like when teams trade for players
    Denver has $66 Million committed to the 2015 cap already. That's bonkers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver has $66 Million committed to the 2015 cap already. That's bonkers.
    For a team that probably won't make the playoffs and has virtually no upside..

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    There ya go---that's the ticket. Use that (66) instead of that other number you and your cohorts have been bandying about without so much as a break to catch your ing breath.

Savvy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else is going to Orlando? Denver don't have the cap space to absorb his contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thread forgot to sign into his Jack Sparrow alt.

My Team
    Orlando Magic
    Post Count
    Ew...LeBron...Ew..Melo.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Thread forgot to sign into his Jack Sparrow alt.
    Look at Poonsie, God you're handsome at Championship level. Knit shirt, Haggar slacks, white shoes from the '70s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who else is going to Orlando? Denver don't have the cap space to absorb his contract.
    They used Iggy's TE.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Apparently they were offered Henderson and the 24th pick from the Hornets.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If you're LeBron, certainly Anthony/Vucevic/Harris/Oladipo has to look at least as good as Wade/Bosh/Chalmers/Allen with Wade and Allen breaking down. Only downside is going from Philibeaner to Jacque Vaughn at coach. But then you get Kevin Love in 2015 also.
    Orlando would have $12.8mm committed to four guys (Oladipo, Harkless, Nicholson, Fournier) but can cut about $2-$3mm by not exercising the team option on any of the latter ones (or dealing them for a future pick). Cap holds on Vucevic and Harris would take them up to $19+ million (assuming 125% of prior year), so adding in Lebron and Melo at $18mm each, that would bring them to $55mm. No way to get Love added with only $10mm in cap space. If Melo and Lebron were to take less, there might be some flexibility but there would be roster holds on the other ~6 spots.

Would then have to sequence the new deals to Harris and Vucevic to happen after Love were signed, and some team could come in and screw up your plans as noted by Kevin Pelton on Lowe's podcast.

It's probably not going to happen, but not impossible...

On edit, I forgot to factor in the money for this year's first round picks. That cuts another $5 million+ from the money available to Love. So basically, it's Melo+Lebron, the picks and the team that they have today.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Afflalo is very tradeable and a decent player. He was so cheap, it didn't matter the ramifications of the deal, you have to do it IMO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Afflalo is very tradeable and a decent player. He was so cheap, it didn't matter the ramifications of the deal, you have to do it IMO
    I like him but thought he signed a sizable deal before he was traded ...No?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Orlando would have $12.8mm committed to four guys (Oladipo, Harkless, Nicholson, Fournier) but can cut about $2-$3mm by not exercising the team option on any of the latter ones (or dealing them for a future pick). Cap holds on Vucevic and Harris would take them up to $19+ million (assuming 125% of prior year), so adding in Lebron and Melo at $18mm each, that would bring them to $55mm. No way to get Love added with only $10mm in cap space. If Melo and Lebron were to take less, there might be some flexibility but there would be roster holds on the other ~6 spots.

Would then have to sequence the new deals to Harris and Vucevic to happen after Love were signed, and some team could come in and screw up your plans as noted by Kevin Pelton on Lowe's podcast.

It's probably not going to happen, but not impossible...

On edit, I forgot to factor in the money for this year's first round picks. That cuts another $5 million+ from the money available to Love. So basically, it's Melo+Lebron, the picks and the team that they have today.
    Crap, I was thinking those were team options and not qualifying offers on Vucevic+Harris for 2015-16.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like him but thought he signed a sizable deal before he was traded ...No?
    He's got 2 years, 15M left which isn't too bad for his progression. It's a short contract, he's a good player (even if overrated some) and will be easily tradeable (more than their 2nd round pick and Fournier that they gave up). Like I said, regardless, he was just a good value IMO.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    He's got 2 years, 15M left which isn't too bad for his progression. It's a short contract, he's a good player (even if overrated some) and will be easily tradeable (more than their 2nd round pick and Fournier that they gave up). Like I said, regardless, he was just a good value IMO.
    Not bad like him. Would rather Ariza have at that price, though.

English get better yes POPownsJackson's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    ing sucks for the Clippers
    and their fan

Believe.
    My Team
    Denver Nuggets
    Post Count
    no upside? wtf?

Thread Information