Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i'm surprised thats never happened
    fox news would climax on themselves
    sean hannity would become so popular he'd have the retire, thus ensuring his deity status

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So then, when the fifteen-year-old daughter of conservative parents has an abortion without their knowledge and dies, wouldn't there be liberal morals and values forced upon somebody without their consent, in the form of law?
    And better yet, what of parents who don't allow - because of notification/consent laws - their child to have an abortion and and the baby die during birth or pregnancy complications? Who just forced their morality on another?

Seeking the quiet mind desflood's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, didn't the girl choose to get an abortion? Isn't that her choosing what to do? I don't know any liberal - or conservatives to be fair - who want to force a girl to have an abortion.
    The conservative parents would be forced to bear the death of their child because of liberal values being law. Of course, not having kids, we can't expect you to imagine how you would feel if something happened to one of them, so I don't know if you'll fully realize the heaviness of this argument or not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And better yet, what of parents who don't allow - because of notification/consent laws - their child to have an abortion and and the baby die during birth or pregnancy complications? Who just forced their morality on another?
    As an abortion supporter, you don't believe the baby has rights anyway, and so it doesn't matter whose morality is enforced.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The conservative parents would be forced to bear the death of their child because of liberal values being law. Of course, not having kids, we can't expect you to imagine how you would feel if something happened to one of them, so I don't know if you'll fully realize the heaviness of this argument or not.
    Yes, all because of liberal values. Not because of any decisions their child made and any parenting mistakes they may have made. Because you know, every 15 year old child that that gets knocked up and has an abortion must have the best parents out there.

Being a parent and all, I'm sure you'd understand that better than I would.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As an abortion supporter, you don't believe the baby has rights anyway, and so it doesn't matter whose morality is enforced.
    Damn, can you remove the girl any further from the equation when it suits you? When she dies because of an abortion, it's all about the parents suffering. When she dies because of a pregnancy, whoooooooooooo cares?

BTW, I'm a rights supporter, not an abortion supporter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I understand it well. Liberal thinking is that children are small adults and can make adult decisions wisely, including decisions about sex and abortion. Conservative (most, anyway) know better, and that's partly why so many oppose that thing that schools call "sex education" and abortions on demand for teenagers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, can you remove the girl any further from the equation when it suits you? When she dies because of an abortion, it's all about the parents suffering. When she dies because of a pregnancy, whoooooooooooo cares?

BTW, I'm a rights supporter, not an abortion supporter.
    Well, you did say "the baby", not "the girl", so that's what I responded to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But, I like how we got here from Terri Schiavo's autopsy report! What a stretch. We should get back to the topic at hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, I understand it well. Liberal thinking is that children are small adults and can make adult decisions wisely, including decisions about sex and abortion. Conservative (most, anyway) know better, and that's partly why so many oppose that thing that schools call "sex education" and abortions on demand for teenagers.
    Thsoe smart conservatives are great! Opposing sex ed is genius, and it doesn't promote STD's at all. We all know how great pregnancy pledges are at keeping the penis out of the girls ass!

Liberal thinking has nothing to do with thinking children are small adults. But it also doesn't choose to bury it's head in the sand that when a child is pregnant, neither choice is very palatable. Don't make it seem as though conservative parents who end up with a pregnant daughter know the right answer to everything because their child having sex has nothing to do with liberal ideology and everything to do with something they missed along the way.

Yet, you're still looking for a way to blame people who want rights. You say nothing about how forcing a pregnancy on a child isn't a good situation but instead paint abortions as a procedure that would kill the child every single time when at the most it happens very rarely. (I realize someone is going to turn that statement around, feel free. )

Children while not adults, are not property either. Parents can't arbitraily decide what happens to their childs body because it is not something they own.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thsoe smart conservatives are great! Opposing sex ed is genius, and it doesn't promote STD's at all. We all know how great pregnancy pledges are at keeping the penis out of the girls ass!

Liberal thinking has nothing to do with thinking children are small adults. But it also doesn't choose to bury it's head in the sand that when a child is pregnant, neither choice is very palatable. Don't make it seem as though conservative parents who end up with a pregnant daughter know the right answer to everything because their child having sex has nothing to do with liberal ideology and everything to do with something they missed along the way.

Yet, you're still looking for a way to blame people who want rights. You say nothing about how forcing a pregnancy on a child isn't a good situation but instead paint abortions as a procedure that would kill the child every single time when at the most it happens very rarely. (I realize someone is going to turn that statement around, feel free. )

Children while not adults, are not property either. Parents can't arbitraily decide what happens to their childs body because it is not something they own.
    1. Teaching abstinence has been proven in numerous studies to effectively bring down rates of pregnancy and STDs.
    2. Does that mean you think I don't want rights?
    3. Wasn't that pregnancy "the child's choice", in your own words?
    4. Abortions kills at least as often as childbirth does.

Seems to me I read once that children, technically, are property until they turn 18. I'm gonna have to look that one up :p
    Last edited by desflood; 06-16-2005 at 11:04 AM.

SW: Hot As Hell
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    manny comes correct again
    although my support probably hurts manny because i'm an off the deep end liberal, sorry dude
    I believe Manny was saying pretty much what I had just stated. I'm just see as labeling the off the deep end conservatives as the "religous right" as stereotyping and bundling too broad a group of people together. Think of the label, "atheist left". You lump almost everyone with traditional religous based values into one group with the few astronauts that are causing all of the headaches.

Manny, the Nazi anology doesn't stand. The Nazi party was a select group of people that shared the same ideals and goals. "Religious right" is way to general in terminology. "Rreligious fascist" would be a little closer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preaching abstinence vs Sex education
    Idealism vs Realism

Fantasy Football Guru Guru of Nothing's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Preaching abstinence vs Sex education
    Idealism vs Realism
    Left vs Right = Insanity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Left vs Right = Insanity.
    Yeah, anyone on the extreme side of either is going to be too closeminded to help anybody.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. Teaching abstinence has been proven in numerous studies to effectively bring down rates of pregnancy and STDs.
    Post a study that says that and I'll post 2 that contradict that.
    2. Does that mean you think I don't want rights?
    Of course thats what it means. You can't have it both ways Des. You either support the right to an abortion or you don't.
    3. Wasn't that pregnancy "the child's choice", in your own words?
    Yes, but forcing a child through 9 months of pregnancy when they don't want it isn't their choice isn't it? The parents should be showing their children how to make proper choices. But instead, when they fail you want to point the finger at liberal ideology. Sorry, doesn't fly.

4. Abortions kills at least as often as childbirth does.
    I don't know the figures - and I'm not assuming you're correct - but I do know that abortion deaths will only go up when they become illegal because the vast majority of abortion deaths come from illegal abortions.

Seems to me I read once that children, technically, are property until they turn 18. I'm gonna have to look that one up
    Humans aren't allowed to be property. I'm suprised you'd even take that thinking this far. Child abuse, anyone?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe Manny was saying pretty much what I had just stated. I'm just see as labeling the off the deep end conservatives as the "religous right" as stereotyping and bundling too broad a group of people together. Think of the label, "atheist left". You lump almost everyone with traditional religous based values into one group with the few astronauts that are causing all of the headaches.

Manny, the Nazi anology doesn't stand. The Nazi party was a select group of people that shared the same ideals and goals. "Religious right" is way to general in terminology. "Rreligious fascist" would be a little closer.
    Religous Right refers to a specific group of people. They are a select group of people who share the same ideals and goals. I don't know what you're arguing about but if you disagree with that, feel free. There's a reason they have their own term.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post a study that says that and I'll post 2 that contradict that.
    Of course thats what it means. You can't have it both ways Des. You either support the right to an abortion or you don't. Yes, but forcing a child through 9 months of pregnancy when they don't want it isn't their choice isn't it? The parents should be showing their children how to make proper choices. But instead, when they fail you want to point the finger at liberal ideology. Sorry, doesn't fly.

I don't know the figures - and I'm not assuming you're correct - but I do know that abortion deaths will only go up when they become illegal because the vast majority of abortion deaths come from illegal abortions.

Humans aren't allowed to be property. I'm suprised you'd even take that thinking this far. Child abuse, anyone?
    1. I support the rights of the baby, who has nobody else to speak for it.
    2. Thanks to sex ed in schools, the girl is informed about the risks of pregnancy, and makes the choice to become pregnant. They're called "consequences".
    3. Here's an interesting link. http://www.afterabortion.info/PAR/V8/n2/finland.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Religous Right refers to a specific group of people. They are a select group of people who share the same ideals and goals. I don't know what you're arguing about but if you disagree with that, feel free. There's a reason they have their own term.
    There's a reason why they have their own term? Gee, I wonder how many racists could follow that line of thinking?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about a political group, not a race. They woudln't be indetified together if they didn't believe and try to do the same things, Chris. Why you're arguing this, I have no clue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. I support the rights of the baby, who has nobody else to speak for it.
    2. Thanks to sex ed in schools, the girl is informed about the risks of pregnancy, and makes the choice to become pregnant. They're called "consequences".
    3. Here's an interesting link. http://www.afterabortion.info/PAR/V8/n2/finland.html
    , I see, the girl gets pregnant because of Sex Ed.

right.

You win Des, I can't combat that kind of logic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're talking about a political group, not a race. They woudln't be indetified together if they didn't believe and try to do the same things, Chris. Why you're arguing this, I have no clue.
    So what about a derogatory name for a religous group? You applying the logic to the Nazi's was not a valid comparrison. When you say "religous right", people get the idea that you are lumping people of faith with the actual nut jobs that you protest.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    , I see, the girl gets pregnant because of Sex Ed.

right.

You win Des, I can't combat that kind of logic.
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. You know damned well what I mean.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude, are you thinking I'm comparing them to Nazis? Cause I didn't, I made an analogy based on belief systems and assigning them to certain groups. If you misunderstood what was meant by religous right, then I'm sorry? But the term is used everyday, and it stands for a certain group of people. There's a common understanding that the term religous right is not meant for every Christian out there but for the Pat Robertsons of the world.

It's not like I invented the term in this thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't be deliberately obtuse. You know damned well what I mean.
    Des, you keep trying to pin the things that teenagers are doing on Sex Ed, Liberals, and generaly anyone but the parents and child. Who's next, Maryalin Manson?

If you suppor the rights of an unborn child as an equal, that I can buy. But don't try to sit here and tell me that liberal america is the reason kids are becoming pregnant - as if that were a new thing - today. Don't tell me that allowing women - including those under the age of 18 - the right to choose whether they want to have an abortion or not is a liberal way of forcing their way of life on anyone.

No one forces people to have abortions, but some people do want the option there.

Thread Information