Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    one person left wemby off the ballot entirely. has to be the same moron who put sabonis on the first team
    Should lose his right to vote tbh. Absurd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Feels like some writer in SAC is exacting revenge for Sabonis not getting an All-Star nod.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone gave Scoot Henderson a first team all-rookie vote, which should amount to that person having their voting privileges taken away... there's no way any remotely objective or fair person thinks Scoot had one of the best 5 rookie seasons.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby should have won DPOY

this was the last time that someone other than wemby wins it - for the next decade or more- health-permitting

Gobert was not better than wemby-period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was there ever any player who was in a similar situation as Wemby who got an All-NBA nod?

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Not sure anyone here watching Gil's Arena but they couldn't say enough good about Victor. Normally they disagree on things but Kenyon was beside himself talking about Victor. Seems unanimous even the old heads never saw anything like him.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Was there ever any player who was in a similar situation as Wemby who got an All-NBA nod?
    I doubt it will change anything, but there's literally no way Pop or anyone in the Spurs organization can pretend Victor is an unknown quan y now. No under the radar , and if they don't put some players around this kid like right now, they should lose their franchise rights.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easy 5+ DPOYs if voter fatigue doesn't kick in.

Spurs defense will be terrifying in a few years if PATFO doesn't up.
    Teams will Wemby will be unbeatable if you cant' shoot very high percentage from deep on high volume.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure anyone here watching Gil's Arena but they couldn't say enough good about Victor. Normally they disagree on things but Kenyon was beside himself talking about Victor. Seems unanimous even the old heads never saw anything like him.
    gilbert is a ing clown but i guess when he says nice things about spurs we can clap like seals

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    gilbert is a ing clown but i guess when he says nice things about spurs we can clap like seals
    KMart. Gil is a clown.

I’M A DAMN SPUR!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like these impactful specific defensive plays they pictured in this tweet. That last Denver game of the season when he just chased Joker out of the paint, what an amazing win. That changed the playoffs, they would’ve played Dallas with home court I the 2nd round if not for that instead of that Minnesota buzzsaw.

Victor must be feeling some sense of leaving his mark on this year’s postseason. I see the master plan and understand why he balled out so hard at the end of the season. In the end, he’s just a preternaturally compe ive, hopelessly addicted hoop-head.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure if he really benefited, per se. The previous format was 2 guards, 2 forwards, and 1 center, so I'm pretty sure they would have forced him in at one of the forward spots especially since he started the year at PF and is capable of playing like a forward. NBA.com also lists him as a Forward-Center.

By virtue of finishing 2nd in DPOY voting, I think they would have forced him on First Team regardless...but I guess we've seen weird things like Marc Gasol actually WINNING DPOY in 2013 and still ending up 2nd team somehow.

That was one the many seasons, IMO, where a lesser defender stole what should've rightful been Tim Duncan's DPOY trophy.

Absolute sham of an award that Joakim Noah, Marc Gasol and Marcus Camby all took from the better (in those seasons and all-time) defender, Tim Duncan.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs help.

Everybody is expecting Wemby to do everything.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the subject matter when they were talking about Victor? I hardly ever watch it. Was it on a recent one?

Also, congrats to Victor for making All-NBA First Team Defense. He should have also won Defensive Player of the Year IMO.
    Last edited by Ice009; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:17 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What was the subject matter when they were talking about Victor? I hardly ever watch it. Was it on a recent one?

Also, congrats to Victor for making All-NBA First Team. He should have also won Defensive Player of the Year IMO.
    All Defense first team. He’ll get votes, but probably won’t even get 3rd team All NBA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All Defense first team. He’ll get votes, but probably won’t even get 3rd team All NBA.
    Sorry, thanks for the correction. I knew it was defense, but I somehow didn't write that in. I felt he was defensive player of the year, so first team all defense I also expected.

As for All-NBA, I am still hoping he makes 3rd team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily should have been DPOY as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby didn't get All NBA 3rd Team...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Herb Jones get first team defense too, an honor he deserves. He's an interesting player, because he was one of those "if-he-becomes-a-better-shooter" prospects, and he has become a better shooter. In his 4 years at college his 3pt %s were .286, .286, .071, and .351. His senior year featured more volume shooting and a much improved 3pt%, so there was hope that he could improve. In his three years in the NBA, his 3pt%s have been .337, .335, and .414. Seems like almost every time he upped his attempts, he became a better shooter from three.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't expect Wemby to make All-NBA, but did think he'd get more than 11 points. Everyone on All-NBA teams at least made the play-in. Winning matters for this one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All NBA team means jack apparently when the only two teams with 2 guys were both trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All NBA team means jack apparently when the only two teams with 2 guys were both trash
    The media does love them some Laker schlong.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't expect Wemby to make All-NBA, but did think he'd get more than 11 points. Everyone on All-NBA teams at least made the play-in. Winning matters for this one.

He got more second place votes than all but one other non team guy.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count

Also, congrats to Victor for making All-NBA First Team Defense. He should have also won Defensive Player of the Year IMO.
    The question was did Victor live up to the hype. It was fairly recent, like two or three days.

Thread Information