Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I trade both picks is for a Donovan Mitc or Cunningham. You can throw in Keldon in there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To ensure the Rockets don't draft the player the Spurs are targeting, if I was the GM, I would trade #4 & #8 for #2. The Spurs currently have enough young players on their roster with (3) 1st rd picks next year. This way, their guaranteed either Sarr or Risachir and still would have high 2nd rd pick with #35. Take Bronny with #35 and bring in LeBron to finish off his career on 3 year contract. Pop has 4 years left to coach, and who would LeBron trust more to be patient and develop Bronny, more than Pop. Wemby wants to contend now, and a rookie point gaurd will not expedite that. Tre Jones is not an allstar type player, but he is seasoned enough to start a couple more years. Lebron could help out with setting up Wemby andcthe rest of the offense. Next season's roster could look similar to this:

PG: Tre, Wesley, Bronny
    SG: Vassell, Malaki, Duke Jr.
    SF: LeBron, KJ, Sidy
    PF: Sochan, Risachir, Mamu
    CT: Wemby, Collins, Barlow

OR

With the Sarr option, just swap out Risachir for Sarr.

OMG...........this is the worst lineup Ive ever witnessed as a Spurs fan. No, just NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, because the spurs have a lot of needs, so they shouldn't have a player they are targeting. If the Wizards or Rockets take point guards ahead of them, then the spurs just take whoever they had as the 3rd best point guard on their board.

The only player I would legit move up to get is Sarr, and the Hawks are not giving up the number 1 pick to the spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    to the nah, especially in this draft. Two for one is not a good deal in this case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The reality is that you’re likely going to get the same caliber of player at 4 as at 2, and then you still have 8 as long as you don’t make this dumb trade.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    You don't know what you're getting in most instances. 1st year, sure, all the same. 3-6 years? Maybe you get a Shai or Jaylen Brown or Murray. You don't know. You should get more options so earlier pick is good but maybe not better than two later picks.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not convinced anyone in the world has a handle on this draft. For that reason, there is a decent chance that in five years we will see that the best player(s) from this draft was available at 4, maybe even available at 8. Trading up or down might turn out to be a wise move, but I wouldn't do it.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That said, it's hard not to want to draft a guy who looks to have talent and says he wants to be a Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not trade Wemby for the #1 pick this year.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With the Spurs having at least 2 to 3 1st round picks next year in what's viewed by most experts as one of the best draft classes ever, doesn't it make sense to move up to #2 this year to select Risacher if available? It seems the odds of the Spurs being able to add two 1st round picks this year and three next year is almost impossible, unless they're looking to strip the team down and start from scratch. I don't believe that's what's best if Wemby is ready to win sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade both this year's picks in a DJM trade (or both picks plus Chicago's 25) for Trae. Every first round pick in the near future is more valuable for SA than these two 24 picks (with the exception of the Charlotte pick). Accelerate the rebuild. These are the lowest value first rounders we'll have in awhile.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd trade both this year's picks in a DJM trade (or both picks plus Chicago's 25) for Trae. Every first round pick in the near future is more valuable for SA than these two 24 picks (with the exception of the Charlotte pick). Accelerate the rebuild. These are the lowest value first rounders we'll have in awhile.
    Atlanta won’t do either of those deals this summer. Any Spurs trade for Trae or DJ will require returning their picks, and therefore won’t happen.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atlanta won’t do either of those deals this summer. Any Spurs trade for Trae or DJ will require returning their picks, and therefore won’t happen.
    What if we send them back their picks for Sarr and Murray, we throw in Collins and Keldon Johnson too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What if we send them back their picks for Sarr and Murray, we throw in Collins and Keldon Johnson too.
    I don’t want to send them back their picks. Neither DJ or anything in this draft is worth the small chance that ATL has some sort catastrophic injury, or lightning strikes to even a lesser degree with us getting even a top 4 pick from them. Sarr or Risacher would be like pick 8 next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first I was "no way we should trade up on this draft", but the more I think about it, the more I would be down to do it if Risacher isn't taken at #1 by Atlanta. Not only because I'm more and more convinced that Risacher is the safest bet among all the lottery picks, but also because I like a couple of prospects that could be available at 26 (the other Wizards' first round pick): Bub Carlington and Ulrich Chomche.

Chomche I've been following for a long time. Carlington just now I started seeing some highlights and games, after timvp's latest big board, and I love his game.

So the idea would be trading #4 and #8 for #2 and #26 and getting Risacher and Carlington/Chomche, instead of Castle and Dillingham.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At first I was "no way we should trade up on this draft", but the more I think about it, the more I would be down to do it if Risacher isn't taken at #1 by Atlanta. Not only because I'm more and more convinced that Risacher is the safest bet among all the lottery picks, but also because I like a couple of prospects that could be available at 26 (the other Wizards' first round pick): Bub Carlington and Ulrich Chomche.

Chomche I've been following for a long time. Carlington just now I started seeing some highlights and games, after timvp's latest big board, and I love his game.

So the idea would be trading #4 and #8 for #2 and #26 and getting Risacher and Carlington/Chomche, instead of Castle and Dillingham.
    I'd probably be down too, but word to the wise, they won't be selecting Dillingham at 8 (nor Topic).

It says here that Salaun is the favorite, followed by Williams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’d love to move up to #2 but I’m not giving up #8 to do so, if they want the CHA pick, a bunch of 2nds, something like that with the 4th pick attached that’s fine but that’s it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I beg to differ with the assumption there's not much difference between 1 to 8.

At this point, and to my perspective, there's a clear cut now from top 2 and the rest of this draft. And I'm faily sure (whatever "intel" you may read here or there) every GM has Sarr and Risacher top 2 on their big board.

Would I trade 4 & 8 for Risacher? I would. Would it be enough? Probably not.

Thread Information