Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, the Spurs aren't paying this money for a mere catch-and-shoot guy or an offensively challenged big.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    $4M/year for 3 prime years from a versatile starter who is a plus player on both ends of the court and a perfect scheme fit on one of the elite teams in the league is NOT "a bit pricey." In fact it's quite a steal.
    That can only be determined if we know what other suitors were after him and for how much. I heard not a single rumor on that score.

That said, I'm glad the Spurs were able to keep (I just question the price a tiny bit).

Look at these stats here Ross Parrot's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this is great. For a young player that just started his real starting role and playoff shot, he did real well. I agree with timvp (not because I'm gray-named) but he's entering his prime years and I'll think he can be a solid steal for us.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His agent said there were a couple others interested but Danny wanted to return the whole time. 4 mil a yr for him is not pricey at all. if you think it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green probably could have gotten a bit more on the open market so it does seem like he wanted to come back. I appreciate that and I hope he continues to play well as a Spur. I really do appreciate shown loyalty.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget how the situation with Green played out...he was with the Spurs and they told him to go work on his game and come back. He comes back and puts together a solid year, showing the Spurs that he committed himself as a player and was willing to do what was necessary to help the team win.

Re-signing him was one of the easiest decisions off the offseason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His agent said there were a couple others interested . . .
    Well, duh . . .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14

Its been a wild road and I'm not done yet...but I'm a very happy man right now lol...looks like I'll b a spur for a lil while longer #GSG

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is this the Center Lorbek was talking about? #supersmallball

yeah whoopie.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, duh . . .
    He could have said a lot more than a couple if that were the case.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good news.
    Congratulation to him who was once cut and finally became a starter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny has said that he wanted to return - it's a very fair price all things considered IMO but not the most he could have received. I think between him and Kawhi the Spurs have two young, compe ive and versatile players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    Got some unfinished business SA n I'm back to get it done....let's do it #Spurs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Let's not forget how the situation with Green played out...he was with the Spurs and they told him to go work on his game and come back. He comes back and puts together a solid year, showing the Spurs that he committed himself as a player and was willing to do what was necessary to help the team win.

Re-signing him was one of the easiest decisions off the offseason.
    True. One reason to expect Danny Green to continue to do well is the fact that he actually has shown to be a hard worker with drive. Good point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    Got some unfinished business SA n I'm back to get it done....let's do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Danny Green ‏@DGreen_14
    Got some unfinished business SA n I'm back to get it done....let's do it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good news.
    $12M/3 years is a fair deal. It's nowhere near the crazy deal some mediocre FAs got this summer.

I'm curious to see how Green contract is structured. Is it the standard contract with max raises or is it different to maximize Spurs cap space in the 2013 or 2014 summer?

Now, Spurs had to wonder what to do with Neal. Trading him? Keeping him as 3rd string SG, that will barely plays? Trying him again at the PG spot?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FWIW, the Spurs aren't paying this money for a mere catch-and-shoot guy
    That's an important part of this. Green's bust potential is pretty low because he does a lot of things reasonably well. You can't really compare Green to players like Neal, Bonner or RMJ because he's still a useful player even if he's hitting ~36% of his three-pointers. It's a lot riskier to invest in a player who is garbage if he doesn't shoot >40% on threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That can only be determined if we know what other suitors were after him and for how much.
    Bull , all you have to do is look at the contracts of other SG's/swingmen in the league for an easy comparison. There are countless examples of vastly inferior players with no future who are making far more than $4M/year. even Nick Young got $6M and he's got far fewer skills/ability than Danny Green, not to mention a horrid at ude.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Green works on his slashing game this summer, has to finish at the rim better, he does that and it will open a lot of things for him on the court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully Green works on his slashing game this summer, has to finish at the rim better, he does that and it will open a lot of things for him on the court.
    Definitely. That little "floater" of his is brutal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If only our bigs had the work ethic of our wings!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good news.
    $12M/3 years is a fair deal. It's nowhere near the crazy deal some mediocre FAs got this summer.

I'm curious to see how Green contract is structured. Is it the standard contract with max raises or is it different to maximize Spurs cap space in the 2013 or 2014 summer?

Now, Spurs had to wonder what to do with Neal. Trading him? Keeping him as 3rd string SG, that will barely plays? Trying him again at the PG spot?
    I guess it really depends on Nando and Patty - both if we can sign them and if they work out. Spurs might be forced to go with something that is not optimal (Neal at PG) even though they know it hasn't really worked all that well.

Spurs are in a very tough spot with decent players in Blair/Neal. It sucks that they have log jams and tough decisions at a few spots while still having a glaring need at PF.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very good news.

Don't forget the Denmon draft. Sure, Denmon will likely be spending more time with the Toros, but everything makes me think Neal is more and more expendable. It helps he's on an expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good now lets get a bigman.

Thread Information