Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    i think theres a good chance lamarcus will end up on the Knicks
    Knicks don't own their pick. Chicago does. They can thank Eddy Curry.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Knicks don't own their pick. Chicago does. They can thank Eddy Curry.
    oooooo that sucks, lamarcus might end up on a good team then

A little part of me dies each time I hear talk of LaMarcus entering the draft. I really really wish he would stay another year, but at the same time I can't fault him for leaving early *unlike Vince Young who I think is a re * since he has been projected at #1 nearly all season. If I had those kinds of odds, I'd probably leave too. I do however think it would be best for him to stay another year. He has his good moments and his bad ones (or should I say good games and bad games). He wasn't even the best player on our team this year (statistics wise because he was so inconsistent, although I still think that he was more important than PJ). PJ and Daniel on the other hand better stay, thats all there is to it. Neither one of them is ready to go to the NBA at all. Now back to the sickness that has been caused by all the reports I've heard today of LA leaving. BTW, he apparently probably won't make an announcement until after the team banquet on April 10. And as for Arthur, he has narrowed his list to just Texas and KU (because thats what his mommy likes) and should be making his decision within the next week (from what I hear Arizona was cut out, he was supposed to be making a final visit there but he cancelled that too).

Free Throw Coach Aggie Hoopsfan's Avatar
    Post Count
    If Tucker was smart he'd leave now. He's the B12 Player of the Year, he basically carred Texas on his back all year, and his stock will never be higher.

Clever got me this far... JMarkJohns's Avatar
    My Team
    Arizona Wildcats
    Post Count
    If Tucker was smart he'd leave now. He's the B12 Player of the Year, he basically carred Texas on his back all year, and his stock will never be higher.
    It's basically the same thing with Leon Powe of Cal. He wasn't the Pac-10 player of the year, but he easily could have been. He was healthy for an entire season, dominated the best compe ion and has a great at ude. None of which will add an extra two inches to his height any day soon, so ya might as well caash out while ya got the chips.

I think both are borderline NBA players, so I'd hate to see either leave.

Tough call.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    It's basically the same thing with Leon Powe of Cal.

At least with Powe you know you're getting a 4. PJ Tucker is too small to bang inside with the big boys at the next level and his limited range isnt helping his case for playing a 2 spot either. Best thing for him is to work his ass off this summer to extend his shooting range and ball handling and finish out his eligibility w/Texas.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    at least he'll get paid out

and won't have to make a federal case about it

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ahf we're talking about lamarcus going in the lottery (top 3) as a sophmore who missed most of his freshman year. Then you and timvp bring up thomas and jones like yall are scoffing aldridge
    thats funny

(wrecking crew)

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count

Except at the end of his next college season. If he stays, he'll most assuredly get B12POY for the 2nd year in a row, and be more skilled in the areas he's lacking in.

And you called mookie dumb?
    I guess cuz he's not an agriculturalizer.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ahf we're talking about lamarcus going in the lottery (top 3) as a sophmore who missed most of his freshman year. Then you and timvp bring up thomas and jones like yall are scoffing aldridge
    thats funny

I know...it's like, "whoa Tyrus Thomas is an athletic freshman who got alley oops plays against a team that likes to play Zone Defense. "
    He's gonna be a number one pick, call it a AHF classic

oooo you sure did hurt us longhorns by calling that one

i guess i'll only get it if i decide to live in texas and hate the longhorns

then i'll see how tyrus thomas is a sure number 1 draft pick.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    hey any sports fan can apprieciate how USC's offense plays, what does it matter where I live?, I never said i was a Trojan Alumist, just to be so talented and efficient and have two heisman winners in the same backfield!
    they're going for their 3rd STRAIGHT NATIONAL LE, thats history, something that you kids have never seen before.
    Have yall ever heard of GAYLE SAYERS?????, reggie bush plays just like him!
    sorry I like watching entertaining football!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Remember when new years rolled around and Tlong, timvp, peter bryant, and scott were the most dedicated, thuggish ruggish USC fans in the history of spurstalk

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    Nikka if Vince Young had to make a wonderlick decision on that fourth down play and threw an incomplete pass you and mookie would both be posting under oscar dela and your screen names would be a lost to all except those who use the search feature

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Naturally...but he's vince young so fourth down doesn't always mean pass only. Thus the beauty of being Vince.

Both sides of this argument can argue circles around that subject.

What will truely be the decider is how he does in the NFL. But even then, I think its weak that people still look down on him after his mere presence won UT a national BCS le.

It shouldn't be about wonderlick...it should be about realizing he's a one of a kind athletic freak.

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    And if it wasn't for some guy named Ting Tong trying to tackle Vince Yong USC would be going for fo'

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    lol

speaking of football

I don't think anyone should ever forget
    weeks before the Rose Bowl, EPSN ran like a 15 part series highlighting USC as "THE BEST TEAM EVER" in which they beat 9 of the top 10 championship teams of alltime the national epsn poll selected them as the greatest ever and the ESPN three experts rated them the best, second best, and second team college football team of all-time

and I'll always remember I was like
    "man!, thats weird, why wouldnt they just wait a few more weeks?"
    ROFLROFLROFL

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    wonderlick decision
    ROFLROFLROFL

may I remind you Dr. Wonderlick himself reggie bush, threw a FORWARD lateral-fumble to a white linebacker teammate, deeeep in texas territory with a USC lead, in the first half of the national championship game

but the wonderlick doesnt measure that

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    Unless the Ting brothers make the NFL I think you've seen the last of Vince Young having 23423,23423,4234,23,234.3 all purpose yards.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    And if it wasn't for some guy named Ting Tong trying to tackle Vince Yong USC would be going for fo'
    But "Ting Tong" did not have the cover of Vince Young for the entire game, and I am pretty sure Vince ran more than 1 play, for more than 1 touchdown.

I believe it was Rod Wright who was quoted in the newspaper to say (paraphrased)

We just wanna see what happens when we beat them. I mean, they already called them 'the best team of all time', so we wanna see what people say after we beat them.

If that's not the most heavy, vulgar display of ownage in the history of college football, then why even pay attention to it? Just to see a 90 yard run by reggie bushes? Or seeing a southpaw, country texas team overcome the "greatest college football team of all time" in the most hyped Rose Bowl in the history of the BCS?

Some people just like hating UT like spurs fans hate the Lakers I guess.

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    But if Young goes on to have a hall of fame NFL career remember that i called it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    bing was bad ass

ting is one man

and If it wasnt for my overall lack of skill I could be playing in the nfl right now

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    i'd draft mookie before either ting brother and instead of that one linebacker who didn't know what he was doing

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    If vince goes on to have an Akili Smith career that texas game will be forgotten. If he becomes the next john elway that game will be overhyped like that mike jordan game at UNC that was recently voted the best game ever or whatever.

its up to vincent van young now

My Team
    Air Force Falcons
    Post Count
    i hope the raiders draft him because randy moss could make him elwayish. plus the raiders are hated which is always a plus

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If vince goes on to have an Akili Smith career that texas game will be forgotten. If he becomes the next john elway that game will be overhyped like that mike jordan game at UNC that was recently voted the best game ever or whatever.

its up to vincent van young now

I disagree...dude even if he has a ty career, you can't deny that it was the most exciting, tense, close bcs le game ever.

Anything coulda happened on any play, and it pretty much did.
    That game will be remembered as one of the all time great bcs bowls, even if VY doesn't do squat in the NFL.

VY on the Raiders would be tiiight...A black VY raiders jersey? I'd buy that for a dollar.

Thread Information