Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Count
    The fact that Diaz shook Condit's hand worries me. Even more worrying, Condit saying they'll have to carry him out of the ring if he loses - I believe it, Condit is gonna have to be put to sleep to lose this. And now we wait........

Watch Episode 3 of Primetime.. Diaz is crazy as a loon and Condit to me showed pause and worries. Especially with Jackson he did not look overly confident when talking a little strategy.. Maybe that was game-manship for the cameras. Nick i think is making an effort to tone down the pre-fight nonsense in the UFC. I have no doubt fight time he is gonna bring it like always..

Watch Episode 3 of Primetime.. Diaz is crazy as a loon and Condit to me showed pause and worries. Especially with Jackson he did not look overly confident when talking a little strategy.. Maybe that was game-manship for the cameras. Nick i think is making an effort to tone down the pre-fight nonsense in the UFC. I have no doubt fight time he is gonna bring it like always..
    Have to agree on the Diaz part more than anything else; he is trying to stay comfortable in front of the cameras and wouldn't take much from the handshake; there really isn't much anger between the 2, not even enough for Diaz to go "gangster".

I'm not a fan of Diaz (although these Primetime episodes are showing different side of him, and show more of why he is the way he is) but I've never seen him truly rocked in the octagon; only going to beat him by decision.

Post Count
    Have to agree on the Diaz part more than anything else; he is trying to stay comfortable in front of the cameras and wouldn't take much from the handshake; there really isn't much anger between the 2, not even enough for Diaz to go "gangster".

I'm not a fan of Diaz (although these Primetime episodes are showing different side of him, and show more of why he is the way he is) but I've never seen him truly rocked in the octagon; only going to beat him by decision.
    Tell me what you think Ace? I got the sense that Condit is so used to putting guys away and he feels he might not be able to take Nick out. Something i see in his eyes and body language does not look good to me.. I think 2 things worry him

Diaz's Chin
    Diaz's Cardio. Nick forces the high pace and wants to drag you into a cardio battle. Cardio battles he never loses..

PRICELESS SPURS FAN polandprzem's Avatar
    Post Count
    Condit avoided any head contact by putting his hands up, just like Diaz use to do.

And it looked on presser and on weigh-ins that Carlos had a big cut, or had some problems.

I'm gonna watch episode 3 and see what's going on.

Jacksons always tries to simulate the other fighters for them to feel comfortable in the cage so I think Carlos is well prepared.

Tell me what you think Ace? I got the sense that Condit is so used to putting guys away and he feels he might not be able to take Nick out. Something i see in his eyes and body language does not look good to me.. I think 2 things worry him

Diaz's Chin
    Diaz's Cardio. Nick forces the high pace and wants to drag you into a cardio battle. Cardio battles he never loses..
    I think anyone that fights Diaz, knows that he has one of the best chins + cardio in MMA; and that is something that is difficult to prepare for. Not only does your striking have to be on point but have to be in the best shape possible.

Plus you can tell from the presser that Condit is bitter at the whole GSP/Diaz match that everyone wants; he knows he has to spoil the party. He is put in this situation to fail essentially by the UFC, so I'm sure it is a bit uncomfortable for him.

Condit is still an aggressive striker but I think the true test will be his BJJ defense. I predicted Diaz will win by arm bar in the 3rd round. I don't know much of Condit's wrestling / TD skills so that could play a factor as well.

Diaz also hinted during the final primetime that he might have added to his striking (maybe more variety of kicks and elbows) to go a long with his boxing.
    Last edited by ace3g; 02-04-2012 at 02:22 PM.

Motivation for me... Stringer_Bell's Avatar
    Post Count
    I think I was a little unclear in that post...I meant that Condit isn't going to let this go to decision - he's either gonna KO or collapse. I think Diaz will put him to sleep in the 3rd. But I firmly believe as long as Condit is conscious, he has a chance to win.

If anyone is gonna do damage with elbows/knees, it's Condit because Diaz hasn't fought guys that make their living off that kind of attack. The kind of movement he's going to see, his previous opponents don't utilize that (not even BJ, he just wanted to scrap). What it comes down to is two guys with different types of violence - one wants to flash KO you, the other wants to beat you into nothingness. I really think, other than Shogun/Hendo, this is a hyped fight that can deliver.

Kick to the face KO, DAMN!!

Natal is TIIIIRED!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

He survives!

DAAAMN, Martinez is like a lil mighty mouse!

ouch!!!

what a head kick!!! change in momentum

Alex should have gone palm to palm to finish that RNC

WHATA round!!

another low blow

Always gets his back then does jack .

again should have went palm to palm easily gets the sub; and Alex 2 pt deduction for low blow was the deciding factor

what a transition by DDP

WOW, a triangle arm bar!??!!!

Damn. That was nice.

that was an awesome head kick by Thompson

Post Count
    Excellent prelim show, hopefully they continue like this.

Would love to see Thompson against Hathaway.

Rogan about to explode, lol

what did you think of the new intro?

Post Count
    I missed it

Was it amazing? And did they keep any of the hype music for the fighter showcase?

Thread Information