Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we could easily beat the Lakers. They look good on paper but I doubt they will be able to function as a team. With a new starting PG and C and a head coach like Brown it will take them a while to get things going.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it happens, Spurs are ed. They were still ed by OKC being better so it doesn't really change their issue. Spurs ceiling would be to be the third best team in the west instead of the second one.

As an answer to this trade, Spurs will need to sign a random 7 footer. He doesn't need to be great or skilled and will get a lot of DNP CD but he will be useful against Howard to play some physical defense and gives his 6 fouls.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are talking like this is a done deal?

I haven't found any information confiriming this so it could fall through again or be total bull .

If it happens, just do hack-a-howard when playing the lakers to get them out of rythm and send him to the bench. Thye'd just about be favorites in the west if they get him. .

That said i'd be pissed if they only got rid of bynum for a monster like dwight, if i were the magic id be demanding gasol and bynum.

Anyway, can't Bynum reject the trade if he wants to? Some term of his contract?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If it happens, Spurs are ed. They were still ed by OKC being better so it doesn't really change their issue. Spurs ceiling would be to be the third best team in the west instead of the second one.

As an answer to this trade, Spurs will need to sign a random 7 footer. He doesn't need to be great or skilled and will get a lot of DNP CD but he will be useful against Howard to play some physical defense and gives his 6 fouls.
    No need, mate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard
    Gasol
    Jamison
    Kobe
    Nash

en hey

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It won't happen. That's what Bonner is for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Darko Millic??

No, but really, the FO needs to seek a tough physical post to throw at Howard.

If this thing goes down, it is isn't good for the Spurs in the short term (which matters most), at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need, mate.

Well, Spurs do need to have Bonner on the court at the end of game to make clutch shots. They can't afford to have him fouling out because they will be toasted in that case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard
    Gasol
    Jamison
    Kobe
    Nash

en hey
    Jamison will come off the bench. If they keep World Peace, he'll start.

Formidable starting 5, if Kobe allows it to be.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, Spurs do need to have Bonner on the court at the end of game to make clutch shots. They can't afford to have him fouling out because they will be toasted in that case.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs going to counter by signing ajinca or zuller...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No need, mate.

Those are some crooked-ass teeth for a white guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko Millic??

No, but really, the FO needs to seek a tough physical post to throw at Howard.
    Darko would fit the bill on the court but it could create some chemistry issues because he shouldn't be fine with playing such a limited role.
    Jason Collins or Przybilla would be good picks.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    meltdown

Delonte West fanclub pres lakerhaterade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs should not be alarmed that the Lakers are in the midst of acquiring the best Center in the league?

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They've been in the midst of it since the season ended.

It doesn't matter what Howard agrees to. Bynum still has to agree to an extension with Orlando(he's already said he's not going to) or they have to work a three way trade and ship him to Houston. We're pretty much in the same place we were yesterday.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So the Spurs should not be alarmed that the Lakers are in the midst of acquiring the best Center in the league?
    Meh.

Getting alarmed won't change anything. Bynum and Howard are the two best centers in the league. The Lakers look to be better with Howard if he can return to his pre-surgery levels. It is what it is.

The new CBA created a more restrictive luxury tax system and most teams have to adjust their behavior because of it. The very richest teams don't. It never was an even playing field, and the new CBA actually increases the compe ive advantage available to the wealthiest teams in the markets attractive to rich, young celebrities. With the occasional odd exception (OKC has one more year before they'll have to choose between Ibaka and Harden), NBA champions will come from Miami, LA, and NY for the foreseeable future.

My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    It's the late 90s early 00s Portland dilemma: there's only one ball. Everyone thought they'd win a le. They didn't. Everyone REALLY thought the ring chaser 2004 Lakers would win. They didn't.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The Spurs were ed anyway, so it's not like this move all the sudden rips the le out of the Spurs' hands. Even if the Spurs managed to get out of the West, their reward would be to play the Superfriends in Miami.

There is no answer to this trade. I get what you're saying, but a garbage 7-footer doesn't all the sudden give the Spurs a better shot, at least not anymore than a garbage 6'10" redhead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the new cba dont mean

stern the clown is all about ratings, he will get these fakers to the finals just like he did in 04 ....fck him and his cba bull , nba = wwe = loleufa

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard improves the Lakers significantly, they will be the best team in the west.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs going to counter by signing ajinca or zuller...
    Bonner and Zeller on the same team

real fans go bald mountainballer's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Darko would fit the bill on the court but it could create some chemistry issues because he shouldn't be fine with playing such a limited role.
    Jason Collins or Przybilla would be good picks.
    did Nazr already sign with the Nets?
    Shelden Williams is the other one that comes to mind when thinking about some physical inside presence along with some fouls.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Howard is a lot more style than substance, so I welcome his move to LA. Makes the Lakers less of a threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs were ed anyway, so it's not like this move all the sudden rips the le out of the Spurs' hands. Even if the Spurs managed to get out of the West, their reward would be to play the Superfriends in Miami.

There is no answer to this trade. I get what you're saying, but a garbage 7-footer doesn't all the sudden give the Spurs a better shot, at least not anymore than a garbage 6'10" redhead.
    ...and why this choker continues to remain a Spur is a mystery to me.

Thread Information