Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I see it as a way to address Baylor, and not Arkansas, making it to the Big 12 back in the day.
    Arkansas' flight to the SEC is what pushed the SWC over the edge in the first place.

Unsigned #1 Draft Pick RonMexico's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    True...question then becomes, who does the B12 get to replace ISU? Maybe Brut's Hogs?
    The Hogs started the whole dismantling of the SWC in the first place, so they could be a first choice.

Backup would probably be a C-USA team that would create Baylor #2.

Problem is that they'd have to move someone to the Big 12 North or pick a team northern enough to make it work - Arkansas could fill that void.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    I think Baylor is actually on the up and ISU is taking their spot soon as the Vanderbilt of your conference.
    Baylor fired their coach in the middle of the season and they're "on the up"? No wonder you think your doesn't stink in F-ville - you're a bonafied idiot.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    This guy brings Joe Johnson into the conversation... "name anyone better in the last 5 years," he says... mid-day humor to keep me awake at work.

Even though he didn't go to my school, the best college player of the last 5 years is Kevin Durant.

The best college football player? Drew Weatherford.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    You are ape wrapped to go via Wendy's drive thru.

Top tier? Lmao. Your football stadium is better than ours, in fact it's better than most everyone's. But you want to compare everything else? Don't. You will get ing owned to the core and left naked at the same uncle's house that touched you as a child. Money is big in NW Arkansas. Dillards, WalMart, Axiom, JB, and Tyson Chicken make sure of that. Not even including boosters or regular university subjects.

If Arkansas isn't big time. How is aTm? You guys have a good year in basketball and a decent couple at football and you suddenly think your don't stink anymore? Please. This is what Texas fans have to deal with on a regular basis, little fatass next door that won't shutup and go away. It's like you have a good year and suddenly all the muscles flex like they been there before. You haven't.

Don't compare your second rate school, of a weaker conference, to Arkansas. You don't compare. Basketball, football, whatever. Joe Johnson, DMac. Name two guys in the last 5 years better. You can't.

Go back to the smokers lounge with Baylor and TT. Fumbling in the weeds of a pussy conference going on like you have to brag about.

Put aTm in the SEC in the last 10 years? SHUT UP HORN FANS, damn this is my gig stop laughing at them. Anyways, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Give us all a break, and stop speaking for me when you're really speaking for yourself obviously.
    "Basketball, football, whatever." "You can't compare."

Who calls your teams in those sports good? The polls? We can't believe them, can we?

Proud Silver Medalist Doug Collins's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    We hate you too. Stupid Texas farm league Aggies.

Good cause I ing hate your state and RAZORBACK NATION!!!!!!

Counting down the days till I get transferred out of this hole...

Q: How can you tell if a 12-year-old in Arkansas is a virgin?

A: She can run faster than her brothers.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    USC Trojans
    Post Count
    True...question then becomes, who does the B12 get to replace ISU? Maybe Brut's Hogs?
    I doubt that would happen, but it would be great for Arkansas.

8-4 in the SEC equals 10-2 in the Big 12.

Post Count
    Arkansas' flight to the SEC is what pushed the SWC over the edge in the first place.

True, still, the Baylor game (in most years) since the start of the Big XII has been tantamount to playing the South Central Louisiana State Ins ute for the Blind in September. Making Arkansas a semi-fixture in the non-conference schedule should make up for that a little.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Either one of those would be fine.

Take both and lose Baylor and Iowa St?
    That would be good.

True, still, the Baylor game (in most years) since the start of the Big XII has been tantamount to playing the South Central Louisiana State Ins ute for the Blind in September. Making Arkansas a semi-fixture in the non-conference schedule should make up for that a little.
    Pete Laney got Tech into the Big 12, and Bob Bullock got Baylor in (with some help from Ann Richards). If those two schools weren't allowed in, Laney and Bullock threatened to cut UT's and A&M's funding.

Actually, before those two got involved, it wasn't even certain there was going to be a Big 12. Texas was flirting with the Pac-10, and A&M was making eyes at the SEC.

If Gib Lewis still had been Texas House Speaker in 1994, TCU and not Baylor would be in the Big 12.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    "Basketball, football, whatever." "You can't compare."

Who calls your teams in those sports good? The polls? We can't believe them, can we?
    No? Why end on a sentence that has such an easy answer. Nay.

As for destroying or any such words the SWC, you know I don't really care I was like, 8.. but it looked inevitable. Texas was going to have to help form a league one way or another dominating the majority of decades against their opponents. So they did, just really really late. And Arkansas probably should have went to the SEC a lot sooner given if they could. When I look back at historical college football stuff as such, I wonder why Arkansas and Texas kept the SWC alive for a few years before it died. It was walking dead for a good couple years before the end at least, there was no point going into the 90s with the move of technology and the whole 90s gig I suppose.

Honestly I don't hate aTm. I just dislike a lot of their fans I had to deal with being with some Husker family at a game down there when I was 16. I have lots of animosity towards what I experienced and have heard from Texas fans for a long time, as enemies always seem to stay closer being a Hog. It just seems you guys are so abrasive and strong when you beat Texas, or get 10 wins whichever comes first. Suddenly feel the need to rub your gay pride fest in my face like it wasn't once silent when you keep getting owned in a smaller conference even.

Look, I do hate aTm. You're like an extra nipple Texas didn't want, or like, the ugly of the two sisters of proud parents. You know? I know you do. Some of you are cool and tolerable, but GOD when you go on and on enticing yourself with reassurance your unaccomplished football team is just like ours now. ed up but with some talent. Only we own the series I'm sure and just have richer history and deeper pockets.

At least me and my Husker uncle can toast to that!

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    "Richer history" of the most illiterate and inbred fanbase in the nation.

My Team
    Oklahoma State Cowboys
    Post Count

I know SEC folk love to say this, but prove it. Saying something over and over doesn't make it so.

If you look at SOS as per NCAA, its not so.

OSU had toughest schedule in nation; finished 6-6;
    atm was 3rd; 7-5
    Neb was 7th

Let's look at possible contenders. Mizzou has 1 loss with 21st hardest sched. UGA has 2 losses at 19th (Mizzou opponents had 1 more loss than UGA).

For all his ing about how weak the P10 and B12 is, Leslie's LSU finished tied for 35th with 5 P10 and 7 B12 teams having tougher scheds than them.

How about middle of the packers? OSU finished with #1 sched, 3rd in division at 6-6. arKy finished 8-4, 3rd in their division with the 64th SOS and Florida finished 3rd in their division at 9-3 with at #7.

Year in and year out, there is no tougher division in football than the B12 South. This year the north will have 1 and very possibly 2 in BCS.

atm finished 5th in their division at 7-5 with an SOS of 3. Bama and SC were both 5th at 6-6 with the 9th and 5th SOS, respectively.

Ole Miss finished 3-9 at #2 while Baylor was 3-9 at #34. ISU had 2 conf wins at 3-9 with the #24 sched.

Maybe we should compare like schedules. uo was 62nd at 10-2. UT was 63rd at 9-3. arKy was 64th at 8-4.

KSU was 5-7 tied for 42nd with 7-5 MSU.

Tenn was 9-3 at #28 and CU was 6-6 at #30.

There is no feasble way to show that one league is better than the other based on who they play. SEC's schedules are not tougher than B12's.

Take the Top 4 in each division - LSU/Tenn/UGA/Auburn vs Mizzou/KU/uo/UT. Of course there will be arguement, but I see uo and Mizzou both beating all of them with the lone possibility of splitting with LSU. UGA is playing tough but KU could beat any of them as well. UT is playing weak and LSU has been scraping by, no matter how good their record. Total wins would favor B12 easy, IMO.

That old SEC is tougher is an old wives tale that Leslie tried to spout and resurrect, but has never had ground to stand on. Just silly nonsense. The numbers prove it.

My Team
    Texas A&M Aggies
    Post Count
    Wow, I don't know what happened. Maybe it's the Suns, Spurs, and Mavs all losing to sub-.500 teams on the same night, but CaptMike has come out with two of the best posts of his career in this thread.

Amazing and well-done. Throws in a little love for the Pac-10, which some feel is overhyped because of USC (which is true to a degree), but I feel it is one of the better conferences from top to bottom in the nation. Where else can you see an annual bottom feeder(Arizona) knock off the #2 in the nation on Thursday night? I don't think Baylor or Ole Miss would have pulled such a feat off this year.

The Big 12 South is one of the most compe ive, as well, and if it weren't for Fran as coach, I'm pretty sure A&M would have given OU and Mizzou a bigger challenge this year... they still held a highly-touted Kansas offense to 0 first half points and 19 for the game.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    "Richer history" of the most illiterate and inbred fanbase in the nation.
    Truth hurts. Jealousy kills. Sucks being put in your place huh kiddo.

My Team
    Arkansas Razorbacks
    Post Count
    I know SEC folk love to say this, but prove it. Saying something over and over doesn't make it so.

If you look at SOS as per NCAA, its not so.

OSU had toughest schedule in nation; finished 6-6;
    atm was 3rd; 7-5
    Neb was 7th

Let's look at possible contenders. Mizzou has 1 loss with 21st hardest sched. UGA has 2 losses at 19th (Mizzou opponents had 1 more loss than UGA).

For all his ing about how weak the P10 and B12 is, Leslie's LSU finished tied for 35th with 5 P10 and 7 B12 teams having tougher scheds than them.

How about middle of the packers? OSU finished with #1 sched, 3rd in division at 6-6. arKy finished 8-4, 3rd in their division with the 64th SOS and Florida finished 3rd in their division at 9-3 with at #7.

Year in and year out, there is no tougher division in football than the B12 South. This year the north will have 1 and very possibly 2 in BCS.

atm finished 5th in their division at 7-5 with an SOS of 3. Bama and SC were both 5th at 6-6 with the 9th and 5th SOS, respectively.

Ole Miss finished 3-9 at #2 while Baylor was 3-9 at #34. ISU had 2 conf wins at 3-9 with the #24 sched.

Maybe we should compare like schedules. uo was 62nd at 10-2. UT was 63rd at 9-3. arKy was 64th at 8-4.

KSU was 5-7 tied for 42nd with 7-5 MSU.

Tenn was 9-3 at #28 and CU was 6-6 at #30.

There is no feasble way to show that one league is better than the other based on who they play. SEC's schedules are not tougher than B12's.

Take the Top 4 in each division - LSU/Tenn/UGA/Auburn vs Mizzou/KU/uo/UT. Of course there will be arguement, but I see uo and Mizzou both beating all of them with the lone possibility of splitting with LSU. UGA is playing tough but KU could beat any of them as well. UT is playing weak and LSU has been scraping by, no matter how good their record. Total wins would favor B12 easy, IMO.

That old SEC is tougher is an old wives tale that Leslie tried to spout and resurrect, but has never had ground to stand on. Just silly nonsense. The numbers prove it.
    Yeah because the paper is what you go by no matter what. God you're a genius.

Bias.... you can't shake it with the B12.

You are wasting your time trying to compare any conference other than the Pac10 with the SEC. Any neutral cfb expert will tell you that.

Thread Information